How Long Does A Marrage Visa Take In Vientian?

Hi all,

I'm going up to Vientian to visit a friend and get a visa. My goal will to get a 2 month tourist visa as that is about how long I will be here for before going back to my home country for a while. But on my old passport I had a red stamp that said no more tourist visas and that was from Vientian. So I'm going to assume it will work as I have a virgin passport but if not I will just get a Marragie visa.

I have the following... Marriage Certificate, Wifes’s birth certificate, Wife’s house registration ,Wife’s identity card and a short letter from her saying that she is my wife with current contact information.

However assuming I fail on the tourist visa how long will it take me to get the marrage visa? Is it the next day service just like the tourist visa?

Also does this plan seem sound or am i just missing something?

Thanks.

I would get the non-o based upon marriage. That way if you needed to stay longer than 60 days you would not need to get an extension. If you get an extension of the tourist visa that makes the total cost 900 baht more than the 2000 baht you pay for the non-o.

Edited by ubonjoe

normally do non-o (marrige) in venitiene but now in phillipines so doing it here,i've noticed the common question(last time in laos and now here) do you have a letter from your wife as garantor. Seems a little silly to me when you supply her blue book,id card , kids birth certificates and my yellow book and drivers licence(thai) plus numerous non-o visa's in passport,why do they not just asked for a bank statement on the form.

Just to let people know phillipines is 3 working days this time (put in on 7th morning,pick up 9th afternoon) laos normally 2.

Most Consulates in the area will not issue multi entry without financial proof of some type anymore. Savannakhet does not require but Malaysia will require proof of 100k in your account and others have required the 400k that an extension would require. So a letter from wife seems easy. Also they sometimes ask that just to help prove current relationship (she writes asking that the visa be issued to your - not that we will take care of you). Yellow book and DL are not normal documents - but then Manila is always a thriller for visa applications.