Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

Sukhothai 2012 pumping the water back into the flooded river

With my new cam i can adjust shutter speed.smile.png smile.png

With me old one I did. Oly C-2500L

large.jpg

Photo taken by my bother Mike as I had my hands full driving. 2003 in Sukhothai.

Went to Tak as we could not go through the town going south w00t.gif

Win wink.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My neighbours pool.... thumbsup.gif

That is one big pool! I can image Jessica Alba just got up from there to fetch her an drink.

Yep, sure is a big one... it actually developed a leak this morning in the pump house and lost 35,000 litres of water... w00t.gif Soon fixed a filled again! thumbsup.gif

Four of use sitting around enjoying a G&T! ..... But no Jessica Alba... no one even close to that good looking!!!! .wink.png I had an image of her, but not allowed to use.... rolleyes.gif

JP, is that fresh or salt water ? Is part of the big lake looking thing I can sea on google earth

CLB....

I would guess it has tidal influence, as it it is not that far from the sea.... so probably has a mix of water.... although in one picture there, you can see what looks like an irrigation line running under the road.... So hard to say..... perhaps enough fresh water moving down, to make it fresh enough to irrigate with ?

I am not sure what is beyond.... The road was to dusty looking to try, it looks like another bridge in the distance....

South of this area you run into Songkhla Lake, I believe that has a high salt content, where as Thale Noi lake, is fresher water.... but both close to the sea.... so hard to say.... I'll dig out pics of where TN lake and Songhkla Lake meet! wink.png

Here is the bridge which was built in 2007 that makes the divide between
Songkhla lake and Thale Noi lake, it a bit like driving the road over
the Florida keys... only no crocodiles!!!!

It is quite a few kilometers long, memory lapse as to how long!

IMG_8515.JPG

Herding buffalo from Thale Noi side to Songklha lake side under the bridge (evening)

IMG_8522.JPG

Bit like going to Venus! (T N side)

IMG_8525.JPG

Corralled for the night

IMG_8553.JPG

Fire as mosquito repellent

IMG_8557.JPG

Lots of tourist pull over these guys were from Krabi way.

IMG_8551.JPG

Sequence of watching a couple of fisherman along one of the irrigation canals in Songkhla..... ( I am posting some in small size and larger images,wink.png Picasa, seems to have removed on size option recently....w00t.gif either large or smallsad.png )

First guy:

He watched the water for about 10 minutes

IMG_9763.JPG

Getting ready!

IMG_9765.JPG

The big swing....

IMG_9766.JPG

Plop! .... he got wet! (ok a larger image here!)

IMG_9769.JPG

After getting out he moved down about 10 meters and set another net! thumbsup.gif

IMG_9771.JPG

Second net.... he got wet again!

IMG_9786.JPG

Then a second guy showed up.... set this another 10 meters or so, but he managed not to fall in...

IMG_9792.JPG

Did not wait around to see if they caught much... probably slim pickings though! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Shot from a train in Kanchanaburi

DSCF3988-001.JPG

Thank you very much for your photo from a moving train shaggy1969. thumbsup.gif

Mine was standing just off the rail tracks and yes I did get the bend in this fab River Khwae Noi (Kwai Noi) as well (a Pano photo btw)

large.jpg

Win from Kan w00t.gif

This one is for who else, but samuijimmy, on Koh Samui, photo taken in late 2011 with and Oly E-5

large.jpg

The original photo is below

http://www.pbase.com/win13/image/138915696/original

Hope you know where the photo was taken? Not North, East nor the South of the island.blink.png

Win w00t.gif

Well my guess, Win, is the south west end.... looking over to Koh Tan and the mainland..... Thong Krut area.... not looking same same now!

Some water fronts can change dramatically after winter storms!

Am I right? whistling.gif

I will no doubt take DAL and Oilinki, if he comes, around Samui, next week, so well take a closer look! thumbsup.gif

KP also on the plan to go to as well! ..... Just hoping the weather holds w00t.gif

I wish I had one of these!.... Honda water pump floating on water, with a major sized hose... !!!! thumbsup.gifThis is one huge instigation pond too!!!

She's watering the chillies!

Man! Thailand down south really looks like The Netherlandsw00t.gif .

I wish I had one of these!.... Honda water pump floating on water, with a major sized hose... !!!! thumbsup.gifThis is one huge instigation pond too!!!

She's watering the chillies!

Man! Thailand down south really looks like The Netherlandsw00t.gif .

I told you that before, DAL ... only difference is they don't wear clogs.....and don't grow tulips !!! tongue.pngbiggrin.png