Corn Farming

CWMcMurray

do you know where I can get a load of dried chicken manure?

Actually all our manure is sold up until about July time, the corn/Tamarind/chilli farmers pay us deposits months in advance for the stuff, ours is farm fresh, and spread on the fields fresh, then ploughed in.

I don't know of any dried manure, can you not plough it in fresh from the farm ? or perhaps you have another use for it? I have heard of people wanting to pellet it to use as fertilizer, but only heard about it, and don't know of anyone actually doing it.

Perhaps there are benefits of dried stuff over fresh stuff, but I don't know if thats true, as I say, here they just plough the fresh stuff straight in the ground.

With all these nett margins coming out,i'm thinking my spacings and seed kilo per rai is inadequate.

I use 12 inch spacings and the seeder puts out approx 2.3 kilo's a rai.

Pretty sure i have no moisture problems and there's plenty of fert down the tube.

Anybody got a average of seed per rai they put out?

Sometimes you have to be a little wary of thai's figures as there never seems to be any genuine figures behind them.

No disrespect.

It would be great if a top crop group was started with facts and figures.

Saw my Thai mate yesterday and he uses the seed 339 brand, a 5 kilo packet costs about 850 baht, 5 kilo will supply 2 rai, a bag of fertilizer per rai at about 800 baht, he has his own tractor and planter, uses casual labour at harvest time.

is this feed corn or sweet corn?

do you know where I can get a load of dried chicken manure?

Actually all our manure is sold up until about July time, the corn/Tamarind/chilli farmers pay us deposits months in advance for the stuff, ours is farm fresh, and spread on the fields fresh, then ploughed in.

I don't know of any dried manure, can you not plough it in fresh from the farm ? or perhaps you have another use for it? I have heard of people wanting to pellet it to use as fertilizer, but only heard about it, and don't know of anyone actually doing it.

Perhaps there are benefits of dried stuff over fresh stuff, but I don't know if thats true, as I say, here they just plough the fresh stuff straight in the ground.

I know you can buy sacks of pelletised chicken manure, they cost 250 baht last time I bought, admittedly more than 12 months ago. The wife tells me it is still there as she wants me to buy some more for something, just cant remember what