Two Thai Children Poisoned By Their Father

webfact

Two Thai Children Poisoned By Their Father

n29.jpeg

A 39-year-old Phetchaburi man is suspected of giving his two young children a soft drink mixed with insecticide that killed his 7-year-old daughter. His 5-year-old son survived, and told police his father had deliberately given them the poisoned soft drink, which the father denies.

PECHBURI – January 7, 2013 [PDN]; the police of Thamairuak police station, Phetchaburi province, were still unable to get a confession of any wrongdoing by a man suspected of poisoning his children.

The suspect was identified as Mr. Suwin Pinpechm, age 39, the father of a daughter age 7, and a boy age 5. It was reported on the news that on January 2, they both had drank a soft drink mixed with insecticide prepared by their father.

After drinking the mixture, his daughter died, while his son survived. However, although the police have arrested and interrogated Mr. Suwin intensely several times, he still continued to deny the accusations.

However, Mr. Suwin admited that he had mixed the insecticide in the soft drink bottle. But he threw the bottle away in the bushes beside the house, so that his 2 children would not see the bottle of soft drink, and perhaps drink it while he was not at home. But Mr. Suwin could not explain why he had mixed the insecticide into the soft drink.

Mr. Suwn said he had been gone from his house, and when he returned home, he found his children lying down unconscious and foaming at their mouths.

His daughter died, but his 5-year-old son survived the poisoning, which severely damaged his body. When he regained consciousness, the boy told police that his father had poured the soft drink into the glass, and let him it drink it along with his older sister. She drank first and then later fell unconscious. [more...]

Full story: http://www.pattayada...y-their-father/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-01-07

footer_n.gif

This is why I could never be a cop. I honestly don't know if I could avoid this guy getting shot "while resisting arrest". (Don't bother telling me that that's wrong and cops shouldn't be judge, jury and executioner -- that's exactly my point: I shouldn't be a cop with those kinds of feelings.)

All I can think about is I want this guy to die (in terror and pain) -- obviously only if he's guilty.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe

A neighbour in our village had a daughter that lived for years after having been poisoned by her father. She died 2 years ago, blind for all that time. Rumour is that the mothers relatives took care of the father, no need for police.

A neighbour in our village had a daughter that lived for years after having been poisoned by her father. She died 2 years ago, blind for all that time. Rumour is that the mothers relatives took care of the father, no need for police.

If they knew for sure he did it,great job

This is why I could never be a cop. I honestly don't know if I could avoid this guy getting shot "while resisting arrest". (Don't bother telling me that that's wrong and cops shouldn't be judge, jury and executioner -- that's exactly my point: I shouldn't be a cop with those kinds of feelings.)

All I can think about is I want this guy to die (in terror and pain) -- obviously only if he's guilty.

Actually, accidental deaths are not unknown, in the hands of police, for much less heinous crimes than this.

Actually, accidental deaths are not unknown, in the hands of police, for much less heinous crimes than this.

I'm well aware of that. And it's one of the many manifestations of perhaps Thailand's biggest problem - the absence of Rule of Law. And a very ugly one at that.

If you think I'm OK with that, you are very much mistaken (and perhaps didn't read my post properly).

Edited by SteeleJoe

Speechless........

Worst thing is its looking like he will get away with it. Hopefully 'local' justice will dealt out.

Safe journey Nong.

He will never get away with it, moreover no doubt a hard time is awaiting him in jail .

These sorts of incidents are mere canon fodder for the media and happen frequently in Thailand with righteous indignation being expressed...... however, there will be no follow up and no notification as to the outcome except speculation and rumour,and we will move on to the next incident of criminal or social injustice in this morally corrupted and confused society.

Anyone who considers that there does exist, an acceptable sense of social justice in persuance of the laws of the land are brain dead. The laws of this land are in no better condition than the pavements in Bangkok, or for that mater the traffic..

He mixed soft-drink and insect poison together in a bottle, THEN THREW THE BOTTLE UNDER SOME BUSHES???

1. <deleted> was he doing mixing insecticide into soft-drink - for what? There is NOT ONE GOOD REASON!

2. Why not empty the bottle into the dirt to "stop the children finding it"?

3. His son said that he poured it into a glass for them....

If the above is true (and why would a 5 year old boy lie about something this serious?) this bastard doesn't deserve to live.

I watched this news story on Thai TV late last night, and they reported he gave them ya-ma-reng (Thai script removed), which literally means cancer medicine. hmm..

Opps.. My bad, gotta be ya-ma-laeng (Thai script removed) .. wink.png

Edited by metisdead
: If you want to post using Thai script, you can do that in the Thai language forum, this is the English language forum.

I watched this news story on Thai TV late last night, and they reported he gave them ya-ma-reng (Thai script removed), which literally means cancer medicine. hmm..

I think you have confused the word for "cancer" with the one for "insect" - they are similar.

EDIT: I made my own stupid mistake in this post.

Edited by SteeleJoe

So this guy had been 'interviewed intensely' several times by the cops and will be 'seriously investigated' when transferred to Petchaburi court custody. Read what you will into those two items. If it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt that the allegations are true, I trust that his treatment in the cooler will be 'severe'.

Speechless........

Worst thing is its looking like he will get away with it. Hopefully 'local' justice will dealt out.

Safe journey Nong.

What gives you the idea that he's gonna get away with it? The boy testifying against his father and him not having an explanation why he mixed the insecticide with a soft drink speak heavily against him!!!

The Thai language and Thai Buddhism causes a great deal of confusion in the poorly educated and mentally ill in Thailand. Often heinous crimes are committed in the belief that it was the best thing to do. Add that to the fact that many Thais know that sentencing is compassionate if your confess and say that you are sorry for what you did.. Set all that alongside wealthy people escaping punishment in exchange for money one can understand why so little restraint to lift the hearts and minds on the disenfranchised.

Such an awful way for a child to die. R.I.P.