Weekend Psc Softball Games - All Welcome To Join & Play

JimmyTheMook

The Pattaya Sports Club softball group is always looking for new players and welcomes everybody regardless of age, skill level, experience or time away from the game. We play slow pitch recreational pick up games for fun every Saturday or Sunday. We have some spare gloves and all other equipment needed to play. For details on where we are playing this week, time, directions ect. look at the information below or contact Justin Rapp at 082-4740401 or the PSC Softball Phone 091-4926619. See you at the ballpark!

http://pattayasports.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1468:psc-softball&catid=57:softball&Itemid=37

• Like 1

What is softball; is it similar to rounders ?

American style baseball, but the ball is about 2x bigger (so easier to hit) and slower underhanded pitch. Also, usually aluminum bats are used, which have bigger "sweet spot" again making hitting the ball easier.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

American style baseball, but the ball is about 2x bigger (so easier to hit) and slower underhanded pitch. Also, usually aluminum bats are used, which have bigger "sweet spot" again making hitting the ball easier.

OK thanks; then it is similar to the the game played by the girls at our school during PE, when we were playing cricket. Though I don't remember gloves being worn.

OK thanks; then it is similar to the the game played by the girls at our school during PE, when we were playing cricket. Though I don't remember gloves being worn.

Slow pitch softball is merely a slowed down version of fast pitch. I played both games for years and, believe me, it can become rather intense.

For any softball fans out there, the greatest pitcher of all time was Eddie Feigner who once pitched a softball at a speed of 104 miles per hour...and this came from 45.5 feet.

Following is a link to his obituary which details his life and career. It is worth the read.

From the article:

"In a 1967 exhibition at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, Mr. Feigner faced a lineup of six Major League Baseball players (five of whom were later elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame). He struck out all six -- Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, Brooks Robinson, Willie McCovey, Maury Wills and Harmon Killebrew -- in succession."

...and...

"One batter who faced Mr. Feigner described the experience to the Orlando Sentinel newspaper: "I was waiting for a pitch, heard a noise, watched the catcher throw the ball back. It was incredible. There was no way to get the bat off my shoulder before the ball got there. I don't know how anybody ever hit the guy."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/10/AR2007021001394.html

• 3 weeks later...