Sunsets And Sunrises

Kan Win

I have mixed feelings of this photo. The environment where I took the shot was super ugly, a bit industrial place in the middle of Phuket. But then there were the colors and one way had the palm trees which rose above the ugly buildings.

IMG_4052.JPG

this one makes me feel drunk...

I was going for sea sickness. But I'm happy with drunk.

Busy with one pic I cannot view longer then a few seconds with-out getting dizzy. So still working on it, seriously.....biggrin.png

Your last pic is freaky, ocean full of oil.

Edited by Dancealot

PAWNEESE, on 12 Aug 2014 - 14:42, said:PAWNEESE, on 12 Aug 2014 - 14:42, said:

Sitting on me deck chair enjoying the view and damn "photographers" keep getting in my way. They should get a life ..

Sorry to say, so should you, move your ass off your deck chair of take the photo and not complain about it, or you could have just wait until they left (or asked the photographer just to move a bit, after she/his took their photos. coffee1.gif

Win, has done it many a time a go, wait, smile and ask them to move along.

The KISS (in (DOS)) principle still rules the way or waves, Keep It Simple Silly. coffee1.gif

Win whistling.gif

P.S. Yes, I know I am in trouble with me post once again. w00t.gif

Edited by Kan Win
  • Like 1

How do you get those rings to appear around the sun?

I believe they are actually sun flares. Normally, sun flares are at an angle from the sun and get bigger with distance. In this instance, my lens was centered in the same plane with the sun without any tilt whatsoever - so the flares become concentric and travel straight to your eye, and get bigger. The problem is, you can't really tell in the view finder if you hit it spot on, or not - so, it's one of those lucky shots...

Edited by klauskunkel

I believe they are actually sun flares. Normally, sun flares are at an angle from the sun and get bigger with distance. In this instance, my lens was centered in the same plane with the sun without any tilt whatsoever - so the flares become concentric and travel straight to your eye, and get bigger. The problem is, you can't really tell in the view finder if you hit it spot on, or not - so, it's one of those lucky shots...

That's a really nice effect, but I think it has more to do with your camera and optics.

Sun flares happen in the Sun and are local events out there (except when the flares eject particles to the earth and mess with ionosphere and therefore cause northern lights etc.).

http://www.theguardian.com/science/video/2014/sep/01/solar-flare-flurry-nasa-video

Halo would be closer one and happens in the upper atmosphere. The light from the sun reflect from the ice crystals which causes the ring effect around the sun. The area inside the ring is darker and outside it's brighter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(optical_phenomenon)

The next one would be rainbows where the sun's lights are reflected inside water droplets.

On your photo, the rings don't look like anything above. The outermost ring comes to the front of the yellow thingy which means the the light bends somewhere very locally. Therefore I think it's inside your camera.

What kind of camera and settings did you use?

That's a really nice effect, but I think it has more to do with your camera and optics.

Sun flares happen in the Sun and are local events out there (except when the flares eject particles to the earth and mess with ionosphere and therefore cause northern lights etc.).

http://www.theguardian.com/science/video/2014/sep/01/solar-flare-flurry-nasa-video

Halo would be closer one and happens in the upper atmosphere. The light from the sun reflect from the ice crystals which causes the ring effect around the sun. The area inside the ring is darker and outside it's brighter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(optical_phenomenon)

The next one would be rainbows where the sun's lights are reflected inside water droplets.

On your photo, the rings don't look like anything above. The outermost ring comes to the front of the yellow thingy which means the the light bends somewhere very locally. Therefore I think it's inside your camera.

What kind of camera and settings did you use?

Sorry, I meant to write 'lens flare', not sun flare - this is purely Singha's fault! The camera was a Minolta A2, fixed lens with f 11, 1/160, fill flash

• Like 1