Sunsets And Sunrises

Kan Win

The sunrise this morning was a bit broken.

Tut,tut,tut Oils,looks like someone took a bite out of it!

Joking aside,great capture.Did you use a filter for those shots?

That's the Apple logo! :)

I did not have any filters, just the old camera. There was just some minutes opportunity to take the shots, before the Sun became far too bright to take the shots.

But hear this. NASA actually asked if they could use this photo on nasa.gov. For me that's a huge honour. So far they have not used the photo, but one can only hope they do so someday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pekkaoilinki/25601973556/in/dateposted/

Another photo suddenly started to get a lot of Flickr favourites. I was puzzled, what was happening, until someone mentioned it was on Flickr Explore. Visible to far more audience than photos normally get.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pekkaoilinki/25509461622/in/dateposted/

I actually wanted to say this for some time as it felt so darn good :D

Awesome,mate.I really hope that NASA decide to use your pic,even if they don't it's still a great shot regardless! Congrats on making it on to Explore also!!!

Many thanks tangaroa,I took that while waiting for the right sunrise 'moment'.That little bug was bugging me,and I really wanted it to bugger off,but it didn't

and I am actually quite pleased it didn't now.

Thanks! :) I wanted to share the story as it was really important for me. After all, this forum has been the birthplace of my photography hobby.

For me, they can use any of my photos as they wish, without charge. That's because of all the science they have done and shared with all of us.

Bad luck there mate,had a similar experience myself,but in my case it turned out to be a full memory card.I tried frantically to flick through the images on the card to see if

I had already uploaded them to my computer or not.I couldn't be sure if I had or not and so started going through them again to see if there were some that could be deleted.

By the time I had cleared a little bit of space the sun had dipped out of sight.Lesson learned from that day on......ALWAYS delete images immediately after uploading them to

your computer! Hope you are feeling better now,or at least on the road to recovery!

• Like 2

Wow, beautiful shot!

Where a outs in Pattaya, looks like a lovely place to sit and have a drink!

Sorry I have taken so long to respond. Still can't figure out how this system works. :)

Yes, this photo was taken in Pattaya. At the end of Cozy beach is a new restaurant that is great and has some beautiful views. Also very reasonable pricing. You can have 1 beer and no one pesters you.

Go check it out sometime.

• Like 2

Bad luck there mate,had a similar experience myself,but in my case it turned out to be a full memory card.I tried frantically to flick through the images on the card to see if

I had already uploaded them to my computer or not.I couldn't be sure if I had or not and so started going through them again to see if there were some that could be deleted.

By the time I had cleared a little bit of space the sun had dipped out of sight.Lesson learned from that day on......ALWAYS delete images immediately after uploading them to

your computer! Hope you are feeling better now,or at least on the road to recovery!

I can see I'm not alone when forgotting some things about our cameras;

I had the same bad experience when coming the first time at the Black House, a little bit north of Chiang Rai ;

I shot , if I remember 3 or 4 photos and after..............nothing ; no battery cheesy.gif and forgot the second one at the GH .

shaggy1969, on 18 Mar 2016 - 14:40, said:
tangaroa67, on 17 Mar 2016 - 02:42, said:

That's beautiful, @samuijimmy

Totally agree!!!

I really like palmunalta's 'Surfers' images also.Amazing what you can do with a phone cam these days!

wai2.gif

Thanks the Lumia's camera versatile shooting and adjustment softwares. It can use also a full manual adjustment..

• Like 2