Dtac Vs Ais

JakeBKK

I have massive problems with DTAC. Calls from AIS do not get properly routed. People calling me up ether hear : This number is not : assigned , available or busy. ( In one case the caller was sitting on the other end of the table, we both had a full strength signal ) Sometimes i get one SMS (Missed Call Service) out of three missed calls.

Whenever you call the minions at 1678 you hear: no sir - we don't have any problems reading this issue. Sometimes you hear: it's your smart phone ( i tried with lots of smart and not so smart phones - the result is same - same)

Any of you out there in the LOS have shared similar problems with them? broken_cell_phone_image-746580.jpg

Edited by JakeBKK

I have the same problem when calling from DTAC to DTAC, both in Phuket.

The message is: "The number does not exists. Please check your number and try again"

Not good at all.

Had a similar problem calling to DTAC from True. The other person had a dual SIM phone and calling the AIS SIM had no such problem. Again, all the numbers had a full strength signal. The person dropped DTAC. No longer a problem.

AIS has - as far as I know - the best coverage in Thailand. Where some of my friends can't call (who have DTAC) I have no problems with AIS.

Not sure the OP's issue is one of coverage, rather an issue calling between AIS and DTAC? But yes, AIS does have coverage in nearly every hill, valley and remote area of Thailand, so if having the most geographic coverage is important then go with AIS/One-2-Call.

Back to the OPs issue, DTAC and AIS generally have had the best interconnection arrangements since the terrible times in 2006. It could be a problem on the DTAC side, or it could just as likely be an issue with AIS. Given that AIS has a hodge-podge of antiquated equipment, cobbled together from a huge variety of suppliers over the years, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the issue was on their side. They've always had capacity issues. Meanwhile DTAC has pretty much rebuilt their network over the past 18 months - their concession runs to 2018 while AIS'es expires in 2015 - so this re-build makes sense.

I've been with DTAC for ~ 11 months, after having been with AIS for ~ 7 years, and I also have a TrueMove H SIM. I haven't experienced any call completion issues from DTAC to AIS or TrueMove H.

I can't find any references to call completion issues on some of the Thai forums I looked at just now, searching over the past few weeks. I can't figure out if the OP just started having a problem yesterday, or has been having problems for some longer period?

DTAC do have this announcement on their front-page, re: service upgrade June 16 - June 18 (so next week), although it doesn't seem to indicate issues related to call completion, but rather provisioning?

www.dtac.co.th

post-9615-0-88040600-1357897051_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

I"m with DTAC, have been for years, here in Bangkok. Have plenty of in-laws on AIS in Bangkok and the nearby provinces who the wife calls and they call the wife...haven't been experiencing any issues in calls to or from the inlaws on AIS. Just my results; your results may vary since it is Thailand....and my results may start varying tomorrow (since it Thailand), but so far so good.