The Best Place In The World ?

RubbaJohnny

"The Best Place in the World".......hmmmmmmm.......let me think.......

Well for starters, it's above the ground and being upright.

Location????.......it's wherever you feel at ease,relaxed, without a worry in the world and all your dreams come true.

...for me....it's right here and now. I'm tapping away to you guys....I have a nice warm ginger pussy in my lap (feline) and my beautiful wife is in bed watching telly, waiting for me to finish up here and go and snuggle up to her.

That's the best place in the world for me.

Cheers.

Good answer

Of course it depends what you are after in life.

About 15 years ago I lived for a while in the French Pyrenees, in an old barn that I bought in a small village that nestled just below the snowline.

Every day I would go walking and climbing in the mountains

Every evening I would drink a bottle of local red wine and eat the local French food.

For me - that was the nearest thing to heaven that I have experienced in all my life smile.png

Simon

Thats right where I was before here and would be my back up if wie died or I ws unbale to remain

The area between Maule and Zahara the pastorales superb culture food,if you can take the cold winters,the summers are as hot as here,less humid and of course Pamplona San Sebastian and Gascony for days out.

Of course there are more attractive places - the grass is always greener.

But if you are married to a Thai lady, I'm fairly sure a large percentage of them would not be overly happy living elsewhere.

If it's your home country then that's another matter, but to settle in a new country as a family, well that is very hard.

I know this because we moved to Bangalore from the UK and to be honest the culture shock was immense.

Culture shock is often overlooked, when it affects one half of a couple it is not so bad.

But when this applies to a whole family - schools, jobs, food, people, climate etc etc - believe me it is a biggie smile.png

Edited by chonabot

Not so sure about that.

There are about a half million Thais living quite happily in the US at the moment. Maybe more...

Are they happy?

My point was when you live in your home country with a wife from Thailand it is not hard - I imagine most of those Thais are with American partners.

Try living in your host country as a mixed race family and then, after 10-15 years move to another country ( not Thailand )

And then move to Thailand after finding it difficult to settle.

Thailand will be a nicer place for many reasons - I guarantee that.

This does not apply to those of you who are single.

All the Thai-Americans I know seem pretty happy.

I think what was implied was that a farang with a Thai spouse adapts to Thailand more easily than a Thai spouse would back in the farang's home country...which I think is poppycock.

My point was that when the people on this thread discuss moving to another country - they fail to mention the effect it would have on their other half.

I'm fairly sure not many of these couples/families have had the opportunity or actually lived in 3 separate countries ( Their home country / Their wife's country / anywhere else )

Until they have experienced this - they can't really understand the possible issues of settling in a 3rd seemingly attractive country.

Edited by chonabot
  • Like 2