New Vehicles With Cvt Transmissions - What's This ?

ThaiLife

Ive been checking out a few Thai car forums on new vehicles with CVT transmissions , and have come across this -

( Google Translation smile.png )

screenshot20130111at831.png

Does any one know why you would have to reset the memory and re calibrate the gearbox ?

Maybe some of the CVT transmission control units learn your driving style and program themselves according.

Edit: Seems to be Honda Jazz/City/Freed related and from Singapore.

Minis would appear to reprogram themselves on the run.

Mirage also seems to need some similar mumbo-jumbo to Honda.

Had a CVT Subaru once and liked it a lot but I think I'll stay away from them now, bad enough having to remember how to reset the clock on the radio!

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

Does any one know why you would have to reset the memory and re calibrate the gearbox ?

Because you didn't buy the 5-spd manual version like a sensible person? wink.png

The only sensible manual here would be a 6 or 7-spd.

• Like 1

Many years ago I lusted after a Cagiva Mito which had a 7-speed box, until one day i was following a bus and on the back is said "xxxxx 9-Speed" After that the number of speeds became less important as I realized no matter how many I had there would always be someone with more.

Many years ago I lusted after a Cagiva Mtito which hedad a 7-speed box, until one day i was following a bus and on the back is said "xxxxx 9-Speed" After that the number of speeds became less important as I realized no matter how many I had there would always be someone with more.

I drove trucks for years, mostly 13 and 15 speed road rangers drove one with two trans= 40 speed, gutless bastard ( shit for torque) needed all of them. Same goes for small thai cars to keep in the right rpm range. That being said, the novelty of shifting gears wore off a long time ago.I'll take the cvt and suffer.