What Kind Of Room Can You Get For 15,000Bht?

finy

Hello Finy,

15'000.- is a lot for just a room... I'm staying soi 4 off Doi Suthep road, new building (opened Jan. 2013), nice room with hot shower, flat screen TV (Thai chanels), fan, air con, small balcony, view on Doi Suthep, quiet, cctv in building and parking, card access security, security teen at night and nice owners. All that for 4'500.-/month, one month deposit, electricity at 8.-/unit, water at 28.-/m3 if I remember well. The place's name is A+K.

The security teen at night sounds interesting. wink.png

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

along canal road toward 700 years stadium have convention condo, mountain view condo etc, nice 1 bedroom condo with balcony & unblock mountain view, rent around 12,000 - 15,000 full furnish, personally feel the air around there fresher and is just 3 mins bike ride to nimman.

I very much enjoy a studio (one-room) apartment at Nakornping Condo across the street from the Shell station on Huay Kaew Road--Bt.7,000 per month plus small charges for electricity and water, Bt.300 for monthly internet connection. Vast parking, Kad Suan Kaew practically across the street, Nimanhemin a short walk away, and many restaurant choices in this convenient neighborhood. There are all kinds of rental options at Nakornping--and everywhere else in Chiang Mai.

One block away (near Hillside 4) is The Dome, which has been previously recommended to you. I have stayed there twice for a month and enjoyed it very much. Only drawback is limited cooking facilities (in the suites) and no restaurant in the building. However, as I said, many dining options nearby. Ignore the standard rooms--claustrophobic. But the deluxe rooms, only a little more expensive, are spacious. When you come to Chiang Mai to look around for more permanent digs, you might make The Dome your base of operations--then decide to stay. You can book the monthly rate online at http://thedomechiangmai.com/accomodation.php or daily through Agoda.

Contact me if you would like to see my place at Nakornping...

You should consider town houses/terraced houses as well.

They have some of the benefits of a condo, such as no yards to keep tidy.

You then also get the added benefit of extra space... I very much prefer ot have my office and bedroom seperate, and renting a townhouse with a kitchen/living area downstairs and two bedrooms upstairs gives me plenty of room to feel comfortable and be productive.

Different strokes for different folks like always, all I am saying is consider options outside condos.

• Like 1

Blimey; for that sort of money just 10 klicks out of town you can get a near Palace in the hills. Why bother with a crumby condo in the smog bound City? Get out of town and the pollution is not even half as bad.

However... Out in the boondocks, in a detached house, is where security becomes a serious consideration. Burglaries are common; the neighborhood knows when you come and go; farangs (and the fat pickings) are targets. When the cat's away, the mice will play...

Who would live in a "room" other than a 18 year old student while away at school?

People that would rather spend money on living than a place to sleep and watch tv.

So it only took two posts for AngelsLariat's predictions to come true. cheesy.gif
  • Like 1

re.

Dave 2, how did you attach a photo of the Dynamic Duo to your post? I don't see that option

in the you are repying to page theres an attach a file / pic option

that says browse / look for picture but it may not work or be visable

to you coz you have to have so many ? posts / replies to be able to

attach pictures : (

a pic ... condos ... heres a new one at 18 . 9 million : (

dave2

post-42592-0-77388900-1358172312_thumb.j

I had a look on buyrentchiangmai.com and some of those houses are looking absolutely amazing. For 15k I could basically rent a quality 2/3 bed house within 5-10km of the city.

It's definitely something to think about now that I know what they look like, but a quality condo would be better maybe for the first year.

Some units have full cooking facilities; others have "kitchenettes." Mine has a sink/dish rack arrangement tucked away on one side of the porch. I have a toaster oven that copes with breakfast, grilling open-faced sandwiches, etc. In the lobby of Nakornping is a small, inexpensive restaurant.

As is the case with most Chiang Mai condos, here you get what you pay for... I do love the open balcony, which looks north to the mountains beyond Chiang Mai--and gives this small studio a greater sense of space. My advice is to try for any northern exposure--much cooler in hot season, which is most of the year!

I was just thinking with the recommendations for great Condo's at 8,000 baht and below. 15,000baht should get you a fantastic price.

Amazing how when some one has lived here before and wants to come back and up grade and can afford it people jump on the wagon to tell him he doesn't have to spend that kind of money. they tell him all about the place they have that is so wonderful and only cost the same as the places he ha been living in and is trying to upgrade.

It is his money and he can afford it. He did not ask how to find a cheaper one he asked where could he find one that is more to his wants.

So, Finy, here's a view of my Bt.7000 per month studio at Nakornping... smile.png

Don't mean to be rude, but that would be fine for a couple of days as a hotel room. How could anyone stay in a small space like that for more than a couple of days? I would get so claustrophobic I would snap. Certainly some of the people on this site don't live like that in their home countries. Why do it here?

• Like 1

So, Finy, here's a view of my Bt.7000 per month studio at Nakornping... smile.png

Don't mean to be rude, but that would be fine for a couple of days as a hotel room. How could anyone stay in a small space like that for more than a couple of days? I would get so claustrophobic I would snap. Certainly some of the people on this site don't live like that in their home countries. Why do it here?

Seriously!

In London all I could afford was a room a lot smaller than that with shared bathroom and kitchen, and without a balcony.The alternative was a larger room with 3 hours daily travelling time to work. Hundreds of thousands of people live like that.

Seriously!

In London all I could afford was a room a lot smaller than that with shared bathroom and kitchen, and without a balcony.The alternative was a larger room with 3 hours daily travelling time to work. Hundreds of thousands of people live like that.

ME THE SAME LIVING IN lONDON IN A SO CALLED BED SIT .