Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Also be aware that you're unable to purchase alcohol from the Duty Free shop

at the airport to take to Australia.

At least that's what they told me the last two times, so I've purchased

in Singapore or at the airport in Oz.

Regards

Will

Thats right for sure, been in for a long time now....Hey? how many cigs do you reckon I can get in a condomclap2.gif

Regards

Will

Thats right for sure, been in for a long time now....Hey? how many cigs do you reckon I can get in a condomclap2.gif

thai or Aussie condom

• Like 1

Yep Australias so f***ed up they will probably not let you in

2 packs introduced Sept last year becuase their losing to much tax & need it because it is costing a fortune to treat smokers in hospital ( but Aussies certainly pay enough to cover that )

Alchahol (i think 1.25 lt ) but as mentioned & like some other countries you pay & recieve at boarding gate ( I can understand why Thais dont sell because of these stupid rules ) even on a direct flight

Yu will understand why Krong Tip (20) $2 / Benson & hedges (20) $12 or more

• Like 1

I just went over and bought my sons fiancee back for him.I had bought a carton at 7/11.They let me have a few more 3 packets so I thought 7 packets were in the bin but he said no 3 packets for her to so I lost 4 packets.Liquor allowance is 2.5 litres.

Australia is leading the world in trying to encourage smokers not to smoke,

Why don't they make them illegal then, ohhh thats right they would not be collecting the taxes from them.

Aus is leading the world in many taxes.....but they give nothing to pensioners....just to other countries and the likes.

Thailand doent have all the taxes...But they give next to nothing to their elderly also.. and you can have a cig when you want one, IF YOU WANT....thats freedom... not communism, like unions and the government of the day in (so called free Australia) is hell bent on doing.

• Like 2

All that money in the tobacco industry and they can't even come up with a product that isn't bad for you?? How is that?

Because they know it isnt really that bad for you....If it was, why would Doctors smoke, as i have seen some of them do....

They have the information.....which is not available to us without being tainted.

I suppose they will ban BUSH FIRES completely soon, as the smoke may make the Kangaroos ill....cheesy.gif

Some pretty stupid posts, as usual. Australia is leading the world in trying to encourage smokers not to smoke, and to discourage people from taking it up in the first place. Most of us would be delighted if there was a zero duty free allowance for the noxious weed. No doubt one day soon that will be the case.

And the rest of the civilised world will applaud, and follow suit in time.

Yep, and yours is one of them.

The anti-smoking brigade forgets to tell people that governments spend a lot more money on obesity and alcohol abuse than on smoking related illnesses, and there is no substance on earth that isn't bad for something. Even woodsmoke is much more dangerous than cigarette smoke.

The anti-smoking policies of governments are nothing but a popular ruse to show they are doing something for the general public.

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 2

All that money in the tobacco industry and they can't even come up with a product that isn't bad for you?? How is that?

Because they know it isnt really that bad for you....If it was, why would Doctors smoke, as i have seen some of them do....

They have the information.....which is not available to us without being tainted.

I suppose they will ban BUSH FIRES completely soon, as the smoke may make the Kangaroos ill....cheesy.gif

Are you having a laugh?

Aus is leading the world in many taxes.....but they give nothing to pensioners....just to other countries and the likes.

3 sound bites - all nonsense.

The single age pension rate in Australia is A$356/week, plus $30 pension supplement - or in local terms, approx TBH11,500/week.

Do you get your information from Today Tonight and A Current Affair?

The single age pension rate in Australia is A$356/week, plus $30 pension supplement - or in local terms, approx TBH11,500/week.

Plus all the free medical is wonderful.Thats why I can only go to LOS 6 months a year

went to Australia not long ago , and was told I could not take alcohol back . This is the Australian government just wanting you to spend the money in their duty free shops , which by the way are not that duty free

Age Pension and Pension Supplement

You can get Age Pension for the whole time you’re overseas, regardless of whether you leave Australia temporarily or permanently. The rate of Pension Supplement you receive will reduce on departure if you leave Australia permanently, or after six weeks if you leave Australia temporarily.

The amount you receive may change again if you remain outside Australia for more than 26 weeks. If you're travelling to New Zealand, the amount you receive may be affected by the social security agreement between Australia and New Zealand[2].

If you returned to live in Australia and were granted or transferred to Age Pension within the last two years, you will not be able to receive your Age Pension outside the country. After you return, to be paid outside the country, you must have been living in Australia for two years since your last arrival for residence. If you travel to a country that Australia has a social security agreement with, you may be able to continue to get your payment under that social security agreement[2].

Regards

Will

I always buy my d/f at the airport as i enter. In Brisbane, one has to pass through the d/f shop directly before customs, so it is easy.

I just went over and bought my sons fiancee back for him.I had bought a carton at 7/11.They let me have a few more 3 packets so I thought 7 packets were in the bin but he said no 3 packets for her to so I lost 4 packets.Liquor allowance is 2.5 litres.

"Bought my sons fiancee"..................was she duty free ? cheesy.gif

Regards

Will

Does anyone know why you cant purchase alcohol in Thailand to take to Australia? But its Ok in Singapore?

went to Australia not long ago , and was told I could not take alcohol back . This is the Australian government just wanting you to spend the money in their duty free shops , which by the way are not that duty free

You can purchase duty free alcohol in a lot of countries and bring it back to Australia but they wont let you bring it from Thailand, Ive got no idea why, maybe its too cheap?? haha. The easist thing to do is purchase some on your way into Thailand and then pack it in your bags for the return juorney

You can purchase duty free alcohol in a lot of countries and bring it back to Australia but they wont let you bring it from Thailand, Ive got no idea why, maybe its too cheap?? haha. The easist thing to do is purchase some on your way into Thailand and then pack it in your bags for the return juorney

Because of whats really in the bottle????? It's hard to copy!!!!biggrin.png