Got Pulled Over By The Honest Thai Police

kevvy

I got stopped at well over 200kmh on my motorcycle racing another bike just north of Lampang (first long straight after the mountain).

Told to go talk to the Policeman sitting in a little bus shelter. He asked the other Policeman what speed I was doing and he looked at a clipboard and said 200.

They gave me an on the spot fine of 200baht and gave me a paper receipt.

As I was getting back on the bike, the Policeman said to keep the paper. I asked why? he said if I get caught again further down the road I can show I paid already.

So, I basically had a license to ride as fast as I wanted. So, I did.

To bad you didnt smash your bike into a pole and kill yourself..

Would have ensured you dont kill an innocent family next time you decide to take that weapon out for some fun....

.... You might be too stupid to realize I think your a self serving moron.

that happen to me,i actually got stopped a second time,further on in my journey.after waving my first fine at him he shouted to someone,allready got ticket,okay no proplem was the answer,waved on, TIT.

Another brainless dope

Edited by Jigger

I got stopped at well over 200kmh on my motorcycle racing another bike just north of Lampang (first long straight after the mountain).

Told to go talk to the Policeman sitting in a little bus shelter. He asked the other Policeman what speed I was doing and he looked at a clipboard and said 200.

As I was getting back on the bike, the Policeman said to keep the paper. I asked why? he said if I get caught again further down the road I can show I paid already.

Umm, if you were doing 200 km/hour, why did you stop?

Would have ensured you dont kill an innocent family next time you decide to take that weapon out for some fun....

that happen to me,i actually got stopped a second time,further on in my journey.after waving my first fine at him he shouted to someone,allready got ticket,okay no proplem was the answer,waved on, TIT.

Another brainless dope

God has spoken. As you are obviously so wise I suggest you are promoted to Supreme Moderator for the wisdom you have just demonstrated!

In other words you appear to be a self-righteous, pompous fool. Do you actually drive a motor vehicle?

Another brainless dope

God has spoken. As you are obviously so wise I suggest you are promoted to Supreme Moderator for the wisdom you have just demonstrated!

In other words you appear to be a self-righteous, pompous fool. Do you actually drive a motor vehicle?

20010 Lexus IS250

2011 Land Cruiser Twin Turbo Diesel

2011 Honda CBR250R

/\ - These are the 3 vehicles I currently use...

More to the point, coming from a family of Panel Beaters I have driven some of the fastest cars available to the public and I have seen the damage done by f*** wits who think they are capable of handling a vehicle at excessive speeds.

Are you some how trying to justify driving at murderous speeds on public roads?

I suppose the family of the person in this black car must be self-righteous and pompous should they hold issue with morons on the road?

13896.JPG

Edited by Jigger

Well Jigger, a 25 year old, according to your profile, driving a Lexus, even an LS250, and a new Toyota Land Cruiser, and from a family of panel beaters. I am impressed. Perhaps that is why car repair costs are so high!

Does someone walk in front of your car with a red flag, as used to happen in the UK, so you don't drive too fast?

Do your many, 8 at most, years of driving experience ( with some of the fastest cars available to the public- your words), qualify you to label two people you have never met, or seen drive, as a "self-serving moron" and a "brainless dope" respectively?

I think you should be a bit more circumspect in your judgement of other peoples driving ability.

Happened to me while driving a car just south of Sawi, the officer looked at me and stammered a couple of times before saying "in Thailand we drive in the left lane", which I was anyway, then he waved me on. Second time was riding a rented motorcycle in Pattaya, pulled me over and said I had to have a motorcycle license to ride a motor scooter and said he had to give me a ticket, but I could pay him and make it disappear, I politely said I would take the ticket and asked him where the station was (wife translating), ticket was cancelled at the station.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pretty difficult to argue with pics like that Jigger.

Unfortunately the picture doesn't have any notes as to who made the traffic offence.

It could have been he biker driving too fast or the car who just blocked of the motorbike.

• Like 1

even if he was speeding, the money should not go in the pocket of the police, wake up.

I would rather go to the station and pay 10000 bht then put 200bht in his hand.

thats how its bad exactly mrhammer.

every officer must give out about 100 tickets per month ,after that the rest can go in the back pocket

the officer who writes the ticket gets 200 anyway when you pay 400+ at the station

so thats why they dont care one way or the other .....

its safer to give him 200 in the hand if he accepts it ..........think of the wasted time looking for the station

and wasted petrol so its cheaper to accept the corruption .......even it it cost 400 on the spot and 400 at the station

but i suppose that depends on how highly you value your time .......

• Like 1

even if he was speeding, the money should not go in the pocket of the police, wake up.

every officer must give out about 100 tickets per month ,after that the rest can go in the back pocket

the officer who writes the ticket gets 200 anyway when you pay 400+ at the station

its safer to give him 200 in the hand if he accepts it ..........think of the wasted time looking for the station

and wasted petrol so its cheaper to accept the corruption .......even it it cost 400 on the spot and 400 at the station

Source ?

So a copper who wites 10 tickets a day, which in fact can easily be made each hour by just catching heavy offenders, makes 60.000 Baht a month ?

I'm surprised that any people still study for doctor in this country.

Edited by jbrain

Source ?

So a copper who wites 10 tickets a day, which in fact can easily be made each hour by just catching heavy offenders, makes 60.000 Baht a month ?

I'm surprised that any people still study for doctor in this country.

i put my pride before my time, and what you wrote about the 100 tickets is rubbish, I have a room full of thai police in my wedding pics, they screw people before they give out their first ticket.

last three times i refused to pay and said we can take this further, i will fight this all the way, they dropped the issue and let me move on,

GOT to keep my time and money and pride, you just kept your time and lost your money and sold yourself out.

what kind of man allows someone to bully his money out of him, lol what a joke.

Edited by muythai2013
  • Like 1

Well Jigger, a 25 year old, according to your profile, driving a Lexus, even an LS250, and a new Toyota Land Cruiser, and from a family of panel beaters. I am impressed. Perhaps that is why car repair costs are so high!

Does someone walk in front of your car with a red flag, as used to happen in the UK, so you don't drive too fast?

Do your many, 8 at most, years of driving experience ( with some of the fastest cars available to the public- your words), qualify you to label two people you have never met, or seen drive, as a "self-serving moron" and a "brainless dope" respectively?

I think you should be a bit more circumspect in your judgement of other peoples driving ability.

Felipesed, actually his quote was "...These are the 3 vehicles I currently use..."

Probably Mommy and Daddy's cars judging by the type of cars and only a 250cc motorcycle...so I understand the penis envy.

....and the claim to driving some of the "fastest cars available"...he means when he takes them out for a test drive after fixing the car that someone else crashed...probably going too fast. It's called irony.

Run along junior.

Umm, if you were doing 200 km/hour, why did you stop?

LOL. Like the time I doing a ton + along the Autopista Nacional in Cuba in my brand new Peugeot and the traffic cop stood beside his clapped out Lada 'cruiser' in the shade of an overpass, half-heartedly waving me to a stop.

I don't know if it's usual or not ... I know that due to the lack of computerasation the policy is there , but I can tell you that my wife right or wrong will not let them have it, and demand a ticket and drive away with her license yelling like a crazed Farang that she knows police in high places !

One of the unstated benefits of the Thai-Chinese hi-so biatch wife.

Ha, stopped twice, one day after the other, both in Hua Hin for doing nothing wrong other than having been born outside Thailand, here's an excerpt from my blog (blog link is on my profile if you wish:

...first day all I really did was get to know the surroundings – especially my way back and forth from Peter and Dtor’s, and catching up on blogging at ‘The Shed‘ guest house with a plethora of shakes. For those following my Facebook, this was the first time I also got stopped by the traffic cops for my non-Thai appearance and asked for my licence:

Loud whistling

“License”

“Oh, I didn’t think I needed a licence to drive this”

“License at home?”

“No license”

“Over there please” “What happen to nose?”

“Oh this? It was sunburn”

Two more traffic cops sat behind a desk, both of whom didn’t speak English asked for my passport via the English speaking traffic cop.

“Where you go”

Told them Peter’s village name

“When you leave?”

“A few days I think”

“You from England?”

“Yes, London”

“Ah Chelsea!”

“Yes but I’m an Arsenal fan”

“Not the same since Robin Van Persie left”

“Ha!” “So you support Chelsea?”

“No, Man Utd”

Whereupon I was issued a 200 Baht fine, they were remarkably pleasant I must add, given a slip of paper, and asked politely to go on my way.

“But I still don’t have a license, can I drive the bike?”

“Yes, 24 hours with ticket”

“Thank you, I’m so very sorry I really didn’t know you need a license”

“It okay, okay, you like Thai girls?”

“Yeah but that’s not why I’m here”

“Oh you like men?”

“Ha, no”

Laughter from all the cops

“Okay, good luck, happy new year, bye”

... second day I arrived back in Hua Hin in just under the time it took me to get to Sam Roi Yot – near the San Paulo hospital though were traffic cops, they eyed me – waved their implements in their hands and whistled whilst pointing me to park up.. bar-stewards!! Knowing I had the ticket from yesterday, and although it was out of time (by around 2 hours) the traffic cop pulled me over.

“License”

“Ah, no I don’t have a license”

“400 Baht”

“400? Oh, but I have this from yesterday” and pulled out the slip

“Ah, 200 Baht”

“Really? But..” oh stuff it, act nice, say sorry, hand over the cash

Then, the guy looks around and pockets the 200 Baht.. sneakily.. little sneaky so and so!

“Do I get a ticket? Like this??”

“No, now go, bye”

I must add, everyone was very nice to me, then I suppose I'm really nice to people who give me money and don't argue.. Made me learn to avoid the main traffic roads like the plague though, wherever I am, and I reach to the wallet whenever I hear the whistles in the distance..

didnt care how long it would take to go the the station as long as he did not get it in his back pocket. you have to make a stand sometimes

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Bangok today and took the elevated highway Chonburi - Bangkok.

Between the toll booth that ends the elevated higway and the toll booth where you enter the highway that goes direction Rama 4 and port you're only allowed 80 km/h and I'm aware of the fact that they usually have a speed camera there so I make sure I don't go over the speedlimit.

When I stop at the toll booth I see the flock of vultures in brown uniform hanging around.

As soon asI have paid and start moving again I hear a shout from behind. Of course it was one of the scammers who had noticed a white nose when I paid the toll, so he signs me aside.

I see one of the WIB in my rear mirror writing down something on the notebook he's holding.He's quite friendly and asks where I go and after for my drivers license.

I take it out of the glove box and as usual hold it with 2 hands and a bit distance from the window.He seems to understand that it will be useless to grab for it, so he don't.

Then he says, you drive over 80. My reply to him is, no way way sir I'm well aware of the speedlimit and keep a close eye on my speedmeter, while pointing at it.

He shows me his notebook and says, but this is your license plate isn't it , which is coincidental right at the bottom of the list.

Of course I say, you just wrote it down after I passed the toll booth.

He looks at me and reconfirms where I said I was heading to with the words, have a nice trip sir, and off I go biggrin.png

Small detail : today they didn't even bother to have speedchecks on that stretch of road, as they are always clearly visible. laugh.png

where did you get that 200baht per ticket figure?

People admitting to driving at 200kmph qualified me to label them. I have real concerns if you actually think that driving at such speeds is OK / Safe / Acceptable...

To answer your other question - no, I dont need anyone to stop me driving over the speed limits... I enjoy time at the tracks if I have the desire to go fast... I dont need to put any innocent people / families at risk...

Also, please dont get cut that I do enjoy driving new model, nice cars... I promise I dont pay anywhere near full price... Plenty of ways to enjoy nice cars with out breaking the bank... Buy a write off at auction and repair it if you have the skills...

Pretty difficult to argue with pics like that Jigger.

Unfortunately the picture doesn't have any notes as to who made the traffic offence.

It could have been he biker driving too fast or the car who just blocked of the motorbike.

While its true that the black car may have committed some type of traffic offense which put them in the bath of the bike...

But an impact like this does not happen unless the bike is doing extreme speeds... That is the point of the photo! If the bike had been going the speed limit, the outcome would be very different.

In short... The pic should point out that even though bikes are smaller then cars, they are weapons just the same and can cause great damage if not handled in the proper way.... It seems a few members here dont quite get that...

Edited by Jigger

Felipesed, actually his quote was "...These are the 3 vehicles I currently use..."

Probably Mommy and Daddy's cars judging by the type of cars and only a 250cc motorcycle...so I understand the penis envy.

....and the claim to driving some of the "fastest cars available"...he means when he takes them out for a test drive after fixing the car that someone else crashed...probably going too fast. It's called irony.

Run along junior.

Wrong on who owns the cars..... And wrong on how I have driven cars.

But dont worry about actually asking... You go ahead and make assumptions and treat them as fact...

I can only assure you its all me and if you think those cars are what my parents drive as standard, I have news for you haha they can afford a bit more then I....

Edited by Jigger