Bus Driver Accused Of Assaulting 7 Year Old Girl In Bus Toilet.

Lite Beer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is proven that he committed this sick offence then he should be locked away for the rest of his life, people who prey on young children have no place in society.

Agreed.

He is charged with raping a girl under 13 years old who was not his wife... blink.png

Anyone knows what the girl was doing all alone in a parked(?) bus toilet? Where were her parents?

Edited by 007

The first question I expected to see in the comments was: Where were her parents? Parents are charged with the responsibility of safeguarding the welfare of their children. It appears in many instances in Thailand that the mantra is: "I gave birth to her or she rode in on my sperm. What more do you expect from me?" How does a parent let a 7 year-old child ride alone on a bus, or for that matter leave her alone anywhere? And...I don't want to hear that this is a different culture and it is appropriate to allow this to happen. If it is appropriate in a culture, then that is a culture which condones rapists and pedophiles.

If only it was like other countries (including yours no doubt) where children are never sexually assaulted or kidnapped or anything else...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Aaaaaaah...the usual apologist! Nice!

Unfortunately THIS article is not a bout a rape- case in "my country" but in the country I choose to live in.

So...I comment on IT and not thousands of other cases from other countries...and what part of that don't you understand?

A seven year old child is raped and some posters suggest the mother was a prostitute or even pimped her daughter out. Absolutely disgusting suggestions without anything to back the statement up.

i was tempted to hit the report button. but that would have most probably caused that these postings are removed. i feel they should stay as a shaming example what kind of disgusting expats with disgusting thoughts live in Thailand.

Personally, I don't like the idea of reporting as a rule and in this I essentially agree with you - I'd rather posters be seen for what they are.

Though I don't know why we need to cite "disgusting expats with disgusting thoughts live in Thailand"...to me it's about the people who wrote those posts. I don't feel it's appropriate to extrapolate and make a condemnatory and what I feel is a too broad statement about people not on the thread and throughout a vast and varied community.

• Like 2

The first question I expected to see in the comments was: Where were her parents? Parents are charged with the responsibility of safeguarding the welfare of their children. It appears in many instances in Thailand that the mantra is: "I gave birth to her or she rode in on my sperm. What more do you expect from me?" How does a parent let a 7 year-old child ride alone on a bus, or for that matter leave her alone anywhere? And...I don't want to hear that this is a different culture and it is appropriate to allow this to happen. If it is appropriate in a culture, then that is a culture which condones rapists and pedophiles.

If only it was like other countries (including yours no doubt) where children are never sexually assaulted or kidnapped or anything else...

Unfortunately THIS article is not a bout a rape- case in "my country" but in the country I choose to live in.

So...I comment on IT and not thousands of other cases from other countries...and what part of that don't you understand?

I'm an apologist for nothing. You need to work on your reading skills.

Are you Jaltsc? If not, it indeed has nothing to do with your country. My response is to a person who wants to assign blame for this event to Thailand and its culture without citing anything that supports such a posit.

Your accusation of me being an apologist for this sort of filth is offensive, totally uncalled for and reflects very poorly on your intelligence and character. That's as much as forum rules allow me to say.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if there were other Thais on the bus who might have heard or suspected the awful scenario. But we know Thais never complain or cause a fuss. They're amazingly adept at minding their own business, no matter what's going on right around them. They'd hate for anyone to lose face.

• Like 1

I'm an apologist for nothing. You need to work on your reading skills.

Are you Jaltsc? If not, it indeed has nothing to do with your country. My response is to a person who wants to assign blame for this event to Thailand and its culture without citing anything that supports such a posit.

Your accusation of me being an apologist for this sort of filth is offensive, totally uncalled for and reflects very poorly on your intelligence and character. That's as much as forum rules allow me to say.

Sorry...i re-read your post...and you are correct. I apologize!

• Like 1

The problem is that the story is horribly written, so it is up to the speculation of so many TV readers to try and fill in the blanks. The Nation needs to start hiring real writers and as well get some real editors on the payroll while they are at it.

Not sure I can agree with what the problem is.

I take no issue with your assessment of the article or the paper it appears in, but posters are responsible for what they write in response. Speculation is natural and reasonable but it seems to me that, especially when it take the form of extreme criticism (or praise), it should be based on some sort of facts. And it should be clearly couched in terms that indicate the comments are speculative.

What we got instead?

Report: a child is sexually assaulted.

Response: The mother/ parents are unfit. The mother/parents have sold their child. The mother herself is selling her body in the toilet. The Thai culture condones it.

EDIT: As to the last, I am on record time and time again since I joined this board as having a great deal of contempt for those who obsessively seek any reason at all to gratuitously bash Thailand and Thais but to having perhaps even more contempt to those who reflexively defend Thailand and Thais against any and all criticism or accusations of wrongdoing (my posting history will show that I have NEVER failed to cite what I see as worthy of criticism or condemnation in this country or agree with that of others when I think it warranted)

In this instance, I'd welcome someone making a case that an aspect or aspects of Thai culture makes such horrific incidents more prevalent or likely to happen if such a case can be reasonably made - and perhaps it somehow can - but I objected to the absurdly simplistic and unfounded assumption(s) made here.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

Response: The mother/ parents are unfit. The mother/parents have sold their child. The mother herself is selling her body in the toilet. The Thai culture condones it.

The truth may be much simpler. Perhaps it was one of those buses that stop every few minutes, passengers getting on and off. Maybe the child was just travelling from/to home on a 30-minute trip. It is common that children travel alone here. The bus might have stopped at a petrol station, and everyone, except girl and driver left the bus to use restrooms, or eat something. The girl then was an easy victim... sad.png

The truth may be much simpler. Perhaps it was one of those buses that stop every few minutes, passengers getting on and off. Maybe the child was just travelling from/to home on a 30-minute trip. It is common that children travel alone here. The bus might have stopped at a petrol station, and everyone, except girl and driver left the bus to use restrooms, or eat something. The girl then was an easy victim... sad.png

Indeed. I hope you don't think those were MY ideas.

It is very common for Thai parents to let their ten tear olds ride motorbikes, so they are not going to object to their seven year old travel unaccompanied on a bus. I know that motorbikes can't sexually assault children and there is a big difference between the two, but it's still the same Thai mentality.

A seven year old child is raped and some posters suggest the mother was a prostitute or even pimped her daughter out. Absolutely disgusting suggestions without anything to back the statement up.

i was tempted to hit the report button. but that would have most probably caused that these postings are removed. i feel they should stay as a shaming example what kind of disgusting expats with disgusting thoughts live in Thailand.

I apologise for my post about her mother handing the keys of her motorbike to one of her other children, but I will assume that her mother or some guardian was with the little girl. and it was a bit irresponsible to let a seven year old go to the toilet alone, she could very easily have gotten lost.

If that was the case, it is still well out of order for any parent to let a 7 year old travel by herself, and certainly on what was obviously a long distance bus.

It is very common for Thai parents to let their ten tear olds ride motorbikes, so they are not going to object to their seven year old travel unaccompanied on a bus. I know that motorbikes can't sexually assault children and there is a big difference between the two, but it's still the same Thai mentality.

Wow.

Every once in a while TVF truly amazes me.

You can marry a minor in Thailand... Section 1436 of the Thai Marriage Act. But this guy needs 'fixing' preferably by a vet, if guilty.

You can marry a minor in nearly every country of the world, including western countries.

Mostly the marriable age is 16, sometimes with a consent from the parents and/or the head of state, and in many countries with consent from the parents only.

Also, there are western countries where a girl can marry younger!

"He is charged with raping a girl under 13 years old girl who was not his wife, regardless of whether it was with or without her consent." blink.png There is so much wrong with this statement, I don't know, where to begin!

That, dear Sir, is a judical phrase.

First the girl was under 13 years (which implies a 13 year old girl etc, etc)

Second the girl was not married to him (which implies rape is not possible in marriage)

Third, regardless of whether it was with or without her consent.(which implies a girl that young can only be forced!)

So three different counts......

Ergo, there is nothing wrong with that statement.

Edited by hansnl

If it is proven that he committed this sick offence then he should be locked away for the rest of his life, people who prey on young children have no place in society.

OMG, she was 7 years old. Why are the Thai news pages full of werriod child rape cases ? Is it that it has always been going on just swept under the carpet and now social media is helping to free it up by giving people a voice?

"He is charged with raping a girl under 13 years old girl who was not his wife, regardless of whether it was with or without her consent." blink.png There is so much wrong with this statement, I don't know, where to begin!

Possibly mangled in translation, but sounds much like Oz's Statutory Rape law which makes consent of a minor irrelevant. The "not his wife" is a worry, but I understand that underage marriage is covered by a separate law.

When I've seen that law quoted before in the Thai press, it's normally something like "having sexual relations with someone under 16 years of age who isn't your wife regardless of consent", so the '13' is a probably a typo.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4919340

You can marry a minor in Thailand... Section 1436 of the Thai Marriage Act. But this guy needs 'fixing' preferably by a vet, if guilty.

You can marry a minor in nearly every country of the world, including western countries.

Mostly the marriable age is 16, sometimes with a consent from the parents and/or the head of state, and in many countries with consent from the parents only.

Also, there are western countries where a girl can marry younger!

That, dear Sir, is a judical phrase.

First the girl was under 13 years (which implies a 13 year old girl etc, etc)

Second the girl was not married to him (which implies rape is not possible in marriage)

Third, regardless of whether it was with or without her consent.(which implies a girl that young can only be forced!)

So three different counts......

Ergo, there is nothing wrong with that statement.

Yeah...ahm...whatever!

I wasn't referring to the legal ringing of it, but to the morals and the contend as such.

Again no defence of the man if he did do it, but............

There seems to me to be something strange about this whole episode.

I have been in bus toilets and know their size and what they are like and thinking back to those times I really cant see how a man, even a small one and a child of 7 could fit in there and if they did what he could do even with her consent.

If there was no consent then for sure she would have marks of a struggle on her and I would have thought, been yelling and screaming. However even with consent she is still under age and therefore it would still be rape.

Did she have marks on her, was she taken to a Dr, did anyone hear her call out?

There are other questions that come to mind like for instance: Did the family know the driver previously?

Also we have two headlines one says assult the other rape, while rape is certainly an assult, assult can be other than rape,

I presume that even in TL there needs to be proof to convict someone although for sure not on this forum.

I think the last bit is OK as it's just making clear that consent isn't a valid excuse, presumably because at that age the child wouldn't be able to reasonably give consent. I think it's called statutory rape in many countries. The first bit is a puzzling though as it suggests that it would be all right if they were married. I wouldn't have thought marriage was possible at 13 let alone 7 and another thread seems to support this.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/611539-thai-mum-sells-child-bride-for-b2000/

Maybe it's just a bad translation.

Again no defence of the man if he did do it, but............

There seems to me to be something strange about this whole episode.

I have been in bus toilets and know their size and what they are like and thinking back to those times I really cant see how a man, even a small one and a child of 7 could fit in there and if they did what he could do even with her consent.

If there was no consent then for sure she would have marks of a struggle on her and I would have thought, been yelling and screaming. However even with consent she is still under age and therefore it would still be rape.

Did she have marks on her, was she taken to a Dr, did anyone hear her call out?

There are other questions that come to mind like for instance: Did the family know the driver previously?

Also we have two headlines one says assult the other rape, while rape is certainly an assult, assult can be other than rape,

I presume that even in TL there needs to be proof to convict someone although for sure not on this forum.

Okay...granting that you are not "defending" the guy:

but the story would be different, if a 7 (in words SEVEN) year old kind consented with having sex with a previously known busdriver???

Noooo, of course not , as you say yourself. It would still be rape!

Then WHY THE H@LL DO YOU BRING IT UP?

The girl is SEVEN and if it was a case (as you imply) of child- prostitution (the parents knew the guy...maybe...possibly...) it is as bad or even worse....so does it really matter?

Have you ever seen a 7 year old Thai- girl? Forced into a bus- toilet by a fully grown man...how much of a fight, do you think that (most probably very frightened) girl, would be even possibly put up?

And why is that even a matter of speculation?

Edited by DocN
  • Like 1