Buyers Of Pre-Paid S I M Cards Must Be Registered: Nbct

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was looking for something else on DTAC website, and came across the Registration page

http://www.dtac.co.t...IMregistre.html

Was looking for something else on DTAC website, and came across the Registration page

http://www.dtac.co.t...IMregistre.html

Doesn't work. Initial page comes up, but the online link is dead. Other stuff on the page non sequitur. Typical.

Edited by hawker9000

Got my SIM three years ago for free at some airport, had them top it up with 1000 baht and activate for me on the spot, been happily using it ever since. Never had to show or register anything. Judging by the other replies the situation varies depending on where you get the SIM from and when...

They hand them out to people at international arrivals at Chiangmai airport whilst you are collecting your bags.

Never had to register and never will. Why would I even want to give my ID information to some company? How does it benefit me?

You may have no choice. This is a good thing. They have been doing this in Europe and America for years. Everybody who uses a mobile should be registered because these devices are used in crimes all the time. It's for everyone's safety.

People like yourself are gonna take everyone's freedom. Really, I'm not kidding. As long as too many people believe that an all knowing government is more able to protect its citizens we are doomed.

The less they know the better. Not because people might have something to hide but because we don't want a minority to have more power than they already have. Please wake up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by AgentSmith
  • Like 1