Flowers!

samuijimmy

Aw Jimmy...........was just about to say Lantana,right after asking the Missus.

Speaking of which,she would absolutely love some of several one of those in her garden.Would they withstand the Isaan weather?

Well the one thing I do know, about Lantana, that they do not like "wet feet" soil needs to be very well drained, especially in rainy season.... they are quite drought tolerant.

They do grow wild here on Samui, so I would think, they should do OK in Isaan.... perhaps a case of finding them at a garden centre.... ? The multi coloured ones are grafted ...

There is a creeping type too, which comes in several colours! Cheaper to try first! wink.png

I saw this yesterday, I am not sure what it is... but it had a nice fragrance! (Small tree.... anybody know it?)

April%2Baround%2BSamui%2B-1369.jpg

• Like 2

Dare I test Shaggy on this one....? tongue.png

April%2520around%2520Samui%2520-1367.jpg

Perhaps not, it is Lantana... wink.png ..... Usually a good flowering plant to attract butterflies..... thumbsup.gif

And the Lantana seeds when crushed and mixed with food & drink have been used

as a fast acting, no antidote, poison in these here parts for centuries. Growing in the

wild or along the roads or in roundabouts as decorative flora...the cows & goats won't

eat em....they know what happens if they do. Just some FYI from an old SEA hand...

• Like 2

Nice Hollyhocks Ace! ^

Never heard of Lantana being poisonous, but it does have a rather pungent smell, if you crush the leaves!.... Always something new to learn! Thanks SS!

Here's the creepy kind, I actually just trimmed it the other day ... so looks a bit more bushy! Comes in a few different colours!

April%2Baround%2BSamui%2B-1400.jpg

Wow ! ... Ace, I've not seen that flower b4... very nice! ^^^ (perhaps a vine?)

More rambling Bougies, Sunshine, it's an old resort being torn down by the two Burmese guys (posted elsewhere) .... really hard workersthumbsup.gif

Maenam%2520Beach%2520kids%2520fishing-14

They have done a ton of work on this old place, saving anything recyclable! Some got trucked off today...

Maenam%2520area%2520workers-1464.jpg

I don't want to get too far off the topic of flowers! tongue.png

• Like 2

Would think you would find Dahlias and pansies up north in Thailand, ACE... that is what the last pic shows! ^

Striking, Bougies... a little better cared for...than the ones in the abandoned place previously posted! ^

Soi%25201%2520Maenam-Lamai-1576.jpg

Columbo isn't in North Thailand Jim, its Sri Lanka full of old Ex Pat Brits, you would love it.cheesy.gif ..thumbsup.gif