Flowers!

samuijimmy

samuijimmy,

all Rhododendron pictures are taken on

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1432729790.390800.jpg

in Loei province, Issan.

I love this place, went there 4x already. The flowering is about mid April. Good for a Songkran escape..

Splendid name.....must take the g/f there......just for a change.

Looks like you are located to Khon Kaen area, TP1...

So, not too far from you.

Thais believe ( ask your gf...), take your gf up there and all around without arguing and you know you have a keeper... for unfit people it can be exhausting... I once wrote this on the TVF Issan forum:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785594-phu-kraduend-mtn-loei-new-years-eve/..

• Like 1

samuijimmy,

all Rhododendron pictures are taken on

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1432729790.390800.jpg

in Loei province, Issan.

I love this place, went there 4x already. The flowering is about mid April. Good for a Songkran escape..

Splendid name.....must take the g/f there......just for a change.

Looks like you are located to Khon Kaen area, TP1...

So, not too far from you.

Thais believe ( ask your gf...), take your gf up there and all around without arguing and you know you have a keeper... for unfit people it can be exhausting... I once wrote this on the TVF Issan forum:

New year is the busiest time there. Accommodation could become a problem. Bring your own sleep bag with you, if you can rent a tent they will give you a well used sleep bag...

I've seen grandmothers with walking stick going up, it's not that difficult, maybe 6km up, and on top (Pu Kradueng is a table mountain) 6km to the camping area on quite sandy ways. Do not leave the camp strolling around at nighttime you could end up meeting a wild Elephant. At night it will be cold (under 10°C) and dark, bring a flashlight with you. There is not much shadow, a hat or an umbrella is recommended. For your convenience, you can hire "sherpas" to carry your stuff, they charge per kg, and are happy to earn a little cash. Food and drink is best provided by yourself, you can buy things on the mountain but very limited (in case of an Invasion maybe not sufficient).

It's a National Park, you have to pay entrance money, if you drink alc bring your own.

Try to arrive in the morning, for better chances for a tent or bring your own tent which you are only allowed to set up on the camping side (remember these Elephants).

I've been to Pu Kradueng 3 times, once on New Year, lots of people all in good mood/spirit. On "normal" days it is very quiet.

It's only open to the public for a half year. The "typical" routine is watching the sunset on arrival day and the sunrise the next morning from really nice cliffs. Inbetween, not much to do besides trying to avoid these wild Elephants...

Edited by Chonburiram
  • Like 1