Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Glad to see you are going back to your 'literal' roots, Shaggy.

I should of done it from the very first post really (just too lazy whistling.gif and too many photos !!)

There will never be too many photo's. Focusing on a subject matter and selecting photo's on this is always interestingrolleyes.gif .

I always find the ant's interesting, the ones that make the nest in the leaves.

We all love those trucks, I'll buy one when I'm rich, yep - those "Racing Slicks" are great!

Great scarecrows!

I always find the ant's interesting, the ones that make the nest in the leaves.

We all love those trucks, I'll buy one when I'm rich, yep - those "Racing Slicks" are great!

Great scarecrows!

• The interesting ants - those ones in a mature mango tree I had to remove in sections - close to a house and had to climb up and remove the main branches one at a time. The little red residents were less than impressed and put up a good fight. I found the bite/sting on the eyelid hurt the most.
  • The trucks - that's quite an up-market one - has indicators (though likely never used, or not connected), have seen some very basic models powered by the small Kubota engines - and those engines are commonly stolen, suppose easy to resell and difficult to trace/identify
  • The scarecrows - they do look to be well-dressed, better than most farm workers! (and me at times)

No problem Shaggy, glad you sorted so quickly! Excellent shots too.... really like the "many hands" shot...thumbsup.gif

Sure noisy getting little piggies into those pens...it's not easy catch or corner the buggers! biggrin.png

My neighbours had to move about 40 pigs to new land.... across the road , a couple of years ago.... w00t.gifI've helped doing better more enjoyable things wink.pngwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Rice from last year !

One of our fields !

Just for fun; a Vanilla flower just opened !

Hi soidog and welcome.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Nice piece of land you have there,what's going in next?

Same land today; picking cassava; watching the sugarcane grow !

That's some mighty impressive cassava tubers !!!

The g/f's family have got a 5 rai cassava field waiting for the rain to come so they can harvest it.

I am sure that if they are as big as yours then they will be very happy.

Two things that I learned about cassava lately were it's where Tapioca comes from (my favorite childhood pudding) and also that the roots contain cyanide w00t.gif

Rice from last year !

One of our fields !

Just for fun; a Vanilla flower just opened !

Hi soidog and welcome.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Nice piece of land you have there,what's going in next?

Same land today; picking cassava; watching the sugarcane grow !

That's some mighty impressive cassava tubers !!!

The g/f's family have got a 5 rai cassava field waiting for the rain to come so they can harvest it.

I am sure that if they are as big as yours then they will be very happy.

Two things that I learned about cassava lately were it's where Tapioca comes from (my favorite childhood pudding) and also that the roots contain cyanide w00t.gif

The truck got stuck today; we had to do some serious pulling.

Cassava leaves are very nutritious, also some tubers are edible, you do have to make sure the cyanide is out.

How do you make the previews big ??

post-14625-0-73260500-1364309701_thumb.j

post-14625-0-31113500-1364309727_thumb.j

Edited by soidog2
  • Like 2

@ soidog2 That poor truck of your has got a bit of a lean on,by the looks of it it was empty.

Would of been a much bigger job if it was fully loaded,glad you managed you get it upright again.

Re previews.... I have sent you a PM explaining how to make them bigger.

(only just learned how to do it myself....with the help of a kind TV member)