Another Snake Id Request

JusMe

I'd spend hours trying to find him in a book, but maybe someone recognizes him.

The planks on the deck are about 19 cm wide, so he's probably 60 or a bit more long. Very narrow, pencil thin. The stripe down the side which appears almost black seemed more iridescent blue. And he's got that bronze touch on his head. Anyone? I do like snakes and want him around, just want to feel comfortable knowing he slipped down the cracks and under my deck.

post-77830-0-53280100-1358493840_thumb.j

Too late to do an edit, but I have looked through a small book I've got, and have a very strong belief that this is a Painted Bronzeback. I think I've seen them before, but somehow remembered them being thicker in the body. But the picture in my book sure looks like the one I took and posted here, particularly in the head.

Could have been the Elegant Bronzeback, but my book shows them a bit more green, whereas the Painted Bronzeback is more brownish. Heads look very similar, and my book has a closeup of the Painted head, so I compared that. Not certain, but I'll still go with the Painted.

And for PTG - totally harmless unless you're a frog or lizard.

I do enjoy having snakes about the place - seen four varieties that I'm aware of: Painted Bronzeback, Green Tree Racer, Rat Snake, and Red Necked Keelback. Only the latter is somewhat dangerous.