2013 Bungalows, Houses & Apartments For Short & Long Term Rental

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, my name is Yan.

I am looking for a rental house for 2 families with 3-4 bedrooms, kitchen and 2 bathrooms, air conditions and wifi. Close to the beach (maximum 1 km) is requested.

We need the peaceful place with less noice from the outside at nights because of 2 little children (both 1 year old).

The dates of our staying: between 27 of Decemer and the 3d of Fabruary (+/- 1 week)

Hello fellow Samuians.

I have some friends who decided to visit me first week of January. A couple with a toddler.

Anyone know of a connected-room hotel or bedroom+living available for a week?

Northeast Samui, and budget around 3000 per night. Starting 1st or 2nd January for 6 or 7 nights.

Thanks!

Edited by Gulfsailor

I have a studio for rent in Ban Makham. Bedroom (25 sq.m.) + bathroom (8 sq.m.). Great sea view. Huge communal pool. Very quiet area. Big panoramic windows. 50 meters to the beach. King size bed. Air conditioner. No kitchen. The studio takes the entire floor of a brand new two-floor house. 10,000 bht/month.

Location: https://maps.google.co.th/maps?expflags=enable_star_based_justifications:true&ie=UTF8&cid=16340518394577464925&q=Ban+Bang+Makham&iwloc=A&gl=TH&hl=en

Edited by Rooo
link removed

Hello,

I was wondering what would be the actual long term, 12 months rental price for simple beachfront houses in Koh Phangan.

The house should have a kitchen and wifi, nothing else :) I am not looking for anything fancy.

As internet prices do not reflect the actual prices, it would be great if some people who live in Phangan can shed some light on actual prices in various locations.

Here is an example of the type of house I am looking for:

http://www.phanganisland.com/display_detail/object_id/214/Beach+House

Thx for your help!

Really the way to get a discount price is to negotiate, pay six months or the full year in advance usually helps...

Some places will include electric, etc, some not so be careful when negotiating... different areas may be different... not the best of beaches in the area given in your link.... but not a bad area on the whole... (quieter than some!) .... I suspect it is not on the beach but across the road... but not usually that busy... you will need to look around to get the feel on different houses and areas, often you will not find on the internet !

I would think you could get a 1000 baht perhaps a bit more (?) knocked off per month for full year... paid in advance...

• Like 1

wow, 12500 for that,! on KPN just turn up and spend a few weeks looking around and you'll find better houses in better locations at cheaper rates without having to pay 6 or 12 monts in advance. that's a 7000ß house at best.

Edited by davo67

Second that, about 7000 B / month is probably the best price you'll get for a reasonably modern, one bedroom bungalow on Phangan. 8000 B is more likely and for 10,000, there's plenty of choice. If you really want to pay 6-12 months in advance, you may be able to knock off 1000 / month but is it really worth it... Maybe something happens after a few months, a snake invasion or whatever.

I've been quoted 6,000 for a beachfront bungalow without haggling but the place, while wonderfully situated and well-kept, only has electricity between 6pm and 6 am (generator only).

For 8K you shouldn't have much trouble finding a reasonably modern, well-equipped bungalow near a beach with wi-fi & kitchen, though if it has to be on a beach (rather than, say, a 5 min walk from a beach), you may need to do without a kitchen (or possibly pay more).

All one bedroom and including everything (electricity, water & wi-fi). I live in a modern, well-built 2 bedroom house in a good spot (no mosquitoes, very few other bugs, no problems with snakes, rodents, ants etc.) but not on a beach, I pay 10K all included. The other two houses on this plot are smaller with one bedroom only, they go for 7-8K / month. I never pay for more than one month at a time, you never know...

Edited by AngThong

Second that, about 7000 B / month is probably the best price you'll get for a reasonably modern, one bedroom bungalow on Phangan. 8000 B is more likely and for 10,000, there's plenty of choice. If you really want to pay 6-12 months in advance, you may be able to knock off 1000 / month but is it really worth it... Maybe something happens after a few months, a snake invasion or whatever.

I've been quoted 6,000 for a beachfront bungalow without haggling but the place, while wonderfully situated and well-kept, only has electricity between 6pm and 6 am (generator only).

For 8K you shouldn't have much trouble finding a reasonably modern, well-equipped bungalow near a beach with wi-fi & kitchen, though if it has to be on a beach (rather than, say, a 5 min walk from a beach), you may need to do without a kitchen (or possibly pay more).

All one bedroom and including everything (electricity, water & wi-fi). I live in a modern, well-built 2 bedroom house in a good spot (no mosquitoes, very few other bugs, no problems with snakes, rodents, ants etc.) but not on a beach, I pay 10K all included. The other two houses on this plot are smaller with one bedroom only, they go for 7-8K / month. I never pay for more than one month at a time, you never know...

I partly agree, Angthong, it's been over 5 years, since I looked for a house on KP, even then one was hard pressed to find anything half decent for less than 8000 or 10,000 baht even then...( and most or none included electric, if I remember....)

But not on the beach... as you say perhaps some distance away... even then from people I hear from now, that's a push to find something half decent ... with mosquito screens or even glass windows ... kitchen etc.

Having no day time electric, yiks ! on rainy days no computer or Telly! facepalm.giftongue.png

Snake and rodent invasion? , wow, never come across that on KP or Samui ....w00t.gifwink.png... Termites and ants yes!

Some areas on Samui offers much more in that lower price range for some thing decent including electric water WiFi, but they usually go fast .... even in low season.. but not on the beach... that I have seen! I spent a lot of time looking around a few months ago.

It will be interesting to see what the OP finds! thumbsup.gif

I partly agree, Angthong, it's been over 5 years, since I looked for a house on KP, even then one was hard pressed to find anything half decent for less than 8000 or 10,000 baht even then...( and most or none included electric, if I remember....)

But not on the beach... as you say perhaps some distance away... even then from people I hear from now, that's a push to find something half decent ... with mosquito screens or even glass windows ... kitchen etc.

Having no day time electric, yiks ! on rainy days no computer or Telly! facepalm.giftongue.png

Snake and rodent invasion? , wow, never come across that on KP or Samui ....w00t.gifwink.png... Termites and ants yes!

Some areas on Samui offers much more in that lower price range for some thing decent including electric water WiFi, but they usually go fast .... even in low season.. but not on the beach... that I have seen! I spent a lot of time looking around a few months ago.

It will be interesting to see what the OP finds! thumbsup.gif

I've seen a rodent "invasion"... Any tiny bit of food left & the rats would be there, and the snakes sorta tag along wherever the grub is. The place had wonderful views but the cleanliness required for peace of mind was pretty serious.... Doesn't happen often I guess.

There's bungalows for 8K on the beach but they're simple and tend not to have kitchens, I wouldn't want to live in them myself when I can get a modern, comfy bungalow free from mosquitoes & ants etc. in a quiet spot for as much. I tend to go to different beaches all the time anyway so I'd probably be driving around even if I was living on the beach...

Edited by AngThong
  • Like 1

First of all, thx for all your comments, very much appreciated!

Threre are two main reasons why I want to live on a beachfront house/bongalow.

1. The obvious reason... waking up in the morning, put a good song and have my cup of coffee on the balcony while reading my emails... priceless:)

I lived in a seaview before and it was wonderful, so beachfront would be simply fantastic!

2. I want to get a small 20hp 4-5meters Rigid inflatable boat without the need for a trailer and all the logistics.. what's better then a house on the beach for that? just jump in and go for a ride:)

Looking for some sabai sabai.

I would highly appreciate some info from you guys on the beaches I should focus, especially where NOT to stay for reasons a tourist can't possibly know about.

Isolated areas are no problems for me.

THX!!

First of all, thx for all your comments, very much appreciated!

Threre are two main reasons why I want to live on a beachfront house/bongalow.

1. The obvious reason... waking up in the morning, put a good song and have my cup of coffee on the balcony while reading my emails... priceless:)

I lived in a seaview before and it was wonderful, so beachfront would be simply fantastic!

2. I want to get a small 20hp 4-5meters Rigid inflatable boat without the need for a trailer and all the logistics.. what's better then a house on the beach for that? just jump in and go for a ride:)

Looking for some sabai sabai.

I would highly appreciate some info from you guys on the beaches I should focus, especially where NOT to stay for reasons a tourist can't possibly know about.

Isolated areas are no problems for me.

THX!!

Yes in an ideal world!!! that would be great...a morning coffee looking out to sea... thumbsup.gif

I used to do that up at Maehaad, looking out to Ko Ma. (but there are no cheap bungalows on the beach up there..... that I ever found... Close by you might find something, and have to arrange with a resort owner to leave your boat... I don't think that would be difficult...

and I am not trying to put you off at all.... and neither is Angthong, (although I think the snake and rat problem is a bit over stated.... Get a mean pussy cat...if you get mice or rat problems .... I not seen many of either in the six years I have lived on KP or Samui !!! Snakes not that common .... and not all poisonous either! wink.png

The area your link gave is pretty quiet, being the west side it can be great for sunsets... But come April, onwards. you will be looking at the beach, wondering where the sea went! (tides really drop then)... w00t.gif

You'll be doing this! Where's the water?biggrin.png

IMG_1415.JPG

Quite pleasant... ... the tides will vary during the course of the day and time of year!

IMG_1400.JPG

You may have to watch out for roaming elephants though...biggrin.pngtongue.png

IMG_1092.JPG

Chaloklum area, (north end of KP) ....again in April during low tide.... but the boats do float when the tide comes in! thumbsup.gif

IMG_0897.JPG

Sunsets can be good on west coast.. Maehaad in Feb.

Mae%2520Haad%2520Feb8%2520Chelakum%25201

But being too close to the water can be like this, in November and December!

IMG_9909.JPG

A bit tongue in cheek here, but it does vary from time of year ... so an ideal spot in January will be different over the year!

Personally i would avoid the Haad Rin and Ban Tai areas, because of the FMP's ...crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Come you other KP guys and girls, help this guy out! thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 2

I'd head first to Coral Beach/Bay East of Chaloklum. That's where I had the 6K / month offer, but some of the other resorts there do have 24 h electricity and they rent houses on the beach as well... A really nice beach, quiet, laid back, good swimming. Sure, low tide gets very low in March/April but that's life. There's plenty of houses right on the beach there. I know a place with 7-8K/month houses on top of that hill with great views but you'll want to be right on the beach I suppose.

You won't find that stuff online, you'll need to visit. Availability should be OK right now but diminishing by the week as more & more people arrive for the winter.

Apart from Coral Bay, Sri Thanu is generally a decent idea... There's plenty of places on the beach, prices generally lowish but you'll need to ask. There's Had Thong Lang between Chaloklum & Mae Haad... I'd look around that area as well, and Chaloklum itself, too. Rent a scooter & drive around, it is the best (and often only) way.

Good luck. I wouldn't bother trying between Thong Sala & Had Rin, not on the beach. A few nice spots inland but not on the beach. North of Thong Sala, between T Sala and Sri Thanu there's plenty of places, but for long stretches the water retreats like 200-300 yards when the tide is low... But lots of places and some of them cheap.

Good luck.

Edited by AngThong

I'd head first to Coral Beach/Bay East of Chaloklum. That's where I had the 6K / month offer, but some of the other resorts there do have 24 h electricity and they rent houses on the beach as well... A really nice beach, quiet, laid back, good swimming. Sure, low tide gets very low in March/April but that's life. There's plenty of houses right on the beach there. I know a place with 7-8K/month houses on top of that hill with great views but you'll want to be right on the beach I suppose.

You won't find that stuff online, you'll need to visit. Availability should be OK right now but diminishing by the week as more & more people arrive for the winter.

Apart from Coral Bay, Sri Thanu is generally a decent idea... There's plenty of places on the beach, prices generally lowish but you'll need to ask. There's Had Thong Lang between Chaloklum & Mae Haad... I'd look around that area as well, and Chaloklum itself, too. Rent a scooter & drive around, it is the best (and often only) way.

Good luck. I wouldn't bother trying between Thong Sala & Had Rin, not on the beach. A few nice spots inland but not on the beach. North of Thong Sala, between T Sala and Sri Thanu there's plenty of places, but for long stretches the water retreats like 200-300 yards when the tide is low... But lots of places and some of them cheap.

Good luck.

Yep good response! Angthong, don't wind people up about snakes and such things ! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

and thank you to to Pini for your response too! thumbsup.gif

How is the road to Coral bay these days, Anthong ? The last time I went up that way it was pretty rough ... w00t.gif ... not that it was ever perfect! But it is nice there, I agree!!! but I no hab images of that area .... so cannot post... anyway ...... it's . east of and pretty close to Chaloklum

It was a bit far off the beaten track for me when I was looking ! ... and back when there would have been no internet or if there was it would have been poor!

The problem with most of KP (and Samui for that matter) .... is seafront is prime real estate... especially for decent bungalows, easy to get a 300 baht a night hut on the beach ... but not so easy for a low monthly rent on the beach!!! ... so very limited choices, really...

It will be easier to find sometime long term provided one does not start looking in peak season , Mid December to about March...before or after that!

I guess the rest of the KP crew here, are still recovering from the last FMP !!! whistling.giftongue.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Excellent concrete road up on the hill, with roads of varying quality (but generally conrete) going down to the various resorts on the beach.

Gotta scare people with something every now and then, huh? Otherwise they'll all flock here... :P

• Like 1

Hi

I am still looking for a house / apartment for rent, I will be on a 2 years contract so it will be long term rental.

The house should have 2 bedrooms, fully furnished and located relatively close to Ibis hotel in Bophut.

Starting from +/- 26 November onwards.

If you have anything please txt me at 092018XXXX

Thanks

Please send PM

Edited by Rooo
Phone

Beautiful three bedroom pool villa located in Choeng Mon available for long term rent in January.

• SEA VIEW
  • Four bathrooms
  • European kitchen
  • Fantastic outdoor seating area with grill and outdoor pool shower
  • Extra large master bedroom with full seating area and private patio
  • Walled garden with electric gate to carport

Primarily looking for long term tenant. Rent is 80K/month including pool service, gardening and internet.

Please contact 0878867802 if interested or PM me.

SKYDRIVE PHOTOS

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=3DF9E91675D4D44E&resid=3DF9E91675D4D44E%211553&authkey=AHQcg-aVP55zGiI"

post-156330-0-72696100-1385343298_thumb.post-156330-0-88959400-1385343206_thumb.post-156330-0-15637800-1385343214_thumb.post-156330-0-15470100-1385343224_thumb.post-156330-0-09603900-1385343232_thumb.post-156330-0-65236800-1385343242_thumb.post-156330-0-34545100-1385343259_thumb.post-156330-0-34007600-1385343266_thumb.post-156330-0-19388900-1385343276_thumb.post-156330-0-07751500-1385343285_thumb.

• Like 1

I have a 4 storey sea view house available at Fishermans Village entrance for long term rental only.

The ground floor was used as a food and drink business,This area does not have to be included in price{to be discussed},

The first floor is a self contained 1 bedroom apartment, with en- suite, and small kitchen.

The second floor has 2 double bedrooms, and a bathroom.The top floor is a large living room, with western kitchen, and large sea view balcony.

This all comes fully furnished.30,000baht- 40,000baht per month

PM me for more information

• Like 1

I have a 4 storey sea view house available at Fishermans Village entrance for long term rental only.

The ground floor was used as a food and drink business,This area does not have to be included in price{to be discussed},

The first floor is a self contained 1 bedroom apartment, with en- suite, and small kitchen.

The second floor has 2 double bedrooms, and a bathroom.The top floor is a large living room, with western kitchen, and large sea view balcony.

This all comes fully furnished.30,000baht- 40,000baht per month

PM me for more information

I did send you a pm,.. thanks

Looking for a house with shared or private pool for 2 adults (Swedish nationality) with no pets or children. From December 15 or earlier. Small is fine as long as other requirements are met.

• - Areas of interest: Chaweng, Choeng Mon, Bangrak or Boput.
  • - High standard required, newly renovated or newly built and good internet or the possibility to put our own in
  • - Budget around 40 000 b per month
  • - View is a huge plus, mountain or sea

What you are getting:

• - 2 responsible, self employed adults, no partying or damaging the property
  • - we will take care of it like it was our own
  • - prepared to sign 6-12 months contract
  • - Business people, fast action. If you have a property of interest we will come and view it immedatiately. Just PM and describe every detail you can think of, preferably with pics.

PS: Oh and... the house should not be frequently visited by rats, snakes or lizards laugh.png

Working here i am looking for a house/bungalow 1 bedroom, fully funished with wifi... long term, 6months min. Area Chaweng/chaweng noi/bangrak/bophut..My budget 10000/months. Thanks a lot for your help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi there all!

A young couple is looking for a house (long term) that would meet the following requirements

WHERE

- BEST if lamai/coral cove area, or not too far southwards...

- not away from the beach line (max. 7-8 min walking)

- no tight neighborhood (since I intend to set my recording studio there, it's... gonna be loud sometimes ) but too jungled location is another kind of extremity. smile.png

WHAT

- BEST if 2 rooms, or 1 sleeping room + nice hall. as I've already noted above there should be space for recording studio stuff. not too much

- basic (at least) kitchen stuff, water heating, cool internet -

- Aircon, Tv - NO NEED AT ALL

HOW

- Max budget is 15000. 17-18 if its REALLY worth a shot

Waiting for suggestions. Great thanks. Sunshine.

wai2.gifwai2.gif

Beautiful three bedroom pool villa located within walking distance of Bang Rak Beach available for short or long term rent from January 2014.

• 300 meter from Big Buddha Beach
  • Less than 2 km from Fisherman's Village in Bophut & 3 km from the airport
  • Large master bedroom in separate building with outdoor bath tub
  • Main building with large living room and two bedrooms
  • Fully fitted kitchen
  • Fantastic outdoor area with large sala, 26 sqm pool, jacuzzi and outdoor shower
  • Secluded garden on 800 sqm plot
  • Quiet area (no planes flying over your head)
  • Carport
  • gated community with 24/7 security, gardening, pool service and front desk
  • wireless internet

You can PM me in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German & Chinese, if interested

post-194917-0-90020300-1386938415_thumb.

More photos:

http://sdrv.ms/IJiv7A

post-194917-0-37478300-1386938450_thumb.