Affimation To Marry In Chiang Mai For Uk Male.

husseinfatal

Hi All,

Im hoping i got the right forum for this (not sure if it should have gone in the chiang mai or visa forums).

I am starting to put together the spouse visa documents (upgrading from ta succesful tourist visa to the UK this summer).

I am currently in Chiang Mai and was wondering if it were possibe to do the affirmation of marriage in Chiang Mai, or do i have to go to Bangkok?

I believe the rest can be done here in Chiang Mai (GF is from here).

Thanks for any assistance provided!

Affirmation of frredom to get married can be done in CM.

1. get letter from embasy or consulate

2. have it translated into Thai

3. go to the legalisation office

4. go to an amphur to get married.

There is a Thai Consular department office at the provincial government building, just outside Chiang Mai, where they will legalise the embassy/counsulate letter. The office is on the ground floor of the building, next to the passport office.

For 60 baht they send the document to your address.

Affirmation of frredom to get married can be done in CM.

1. get letter from embasy or consulate

2. have it translated into Thai

3. go to the legalisation office

4. go to an amphur to get married.

There is a Thai Consular department office at the provincial government building, just outside Chiang Mai, where they will legalise the embassy/counsulate letter. The office is on the ground floor of the building, next to the passport office.

For 60 baht they send the document to your address.

You have to do your own letter/affirmation down load sample from your embassy web site and fill in your own detail's. Next to the UK C/M consulate 'come out and turn right it's on the right' a translation shop they for a few bt will do every thing for you and within a few hour's about 4 save's a load of rushing about all over the place.

You need to go to both, and a translation agency. See post 2, giving you the order in which to do things.

Check with your consulate for what docuements you need to bring in order for them to issue the letter. The embassy website should have details on their website, including the form you need to fill in and give the consulate.

You need to go to both, and a translation agency. See post 2, giving you the order in which to do things.

Check with your consulate for what docuements you need to bring in order for them to issue the letter. The embassy website should have details on their website, including the form you need to fill in and give the consulate.

Sorry but as stated the translating place will for a cost do both for you saving you load's of agro N/B did it last year.

You will need to pay them the fast track service + their cost's of the translation + their price of doing it all I paid about 1,400bt for the lot, well worth it as they get it all done in about 4 hour's. But you can do it yourself if you have transport and speak Thai 'help's' plus know where the consular affair's is, located well out of town, Up to you as they say.

Went down there this morning and i was the only one there which was a bit surprising.

They told me to come and pick up the document tomorrow morning and then i can get it translated.

There was no one in the shop next door, but i phoned the woman whos number was on the door and she said she would do it for me tomorrow all in for 1900 baht! Will obviously try and get a discount on that!

I actually know the other MFA building as i have driven past it a few times whilst out on my travels, so i might just do it myself once i get it translated....see how i get on tomorrow!

Very good staff in the consulate i must say!

Cost of the legalisation is 400 baht (plus 60 baht if you want them to send it to you by mail a few days later). Express service (delivered before noon) is 800 baht and you have it the same day.

1,100 baht for the translation and them doing the footwork is certainly very expensive. The translation itself should not cost more than 400 baht at most translation agencies.