How Much Do You Give To Your Girlfriend Each Month?

Renoir

This is ridiculous, I won't start a relationship to pay her personal expenses. I'd rather befriend with an independent woman rather than someone whose intention is manipulating my pocket.

Well, maybe this is for those who look for a deal.

One assumes you are alone?

One assumes you pay monthly?rolleyes.gif

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous, I won't start a relationship to pay her personal expenses. I'd rather befriend with an independent woman rather than someone whose intention is manipulating my pocket.

One assumes you pay monthly?rolleyes.gif

Why would you say that?cheesy.gif

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I don't date the women that rely on my pocket constantly, how does it make me alone? smile.png

Edited by nima

Well you haven't really told us of your situation....you are referring to a video you saw on youtube.

So are you speculating, should you find yourself in a relationship...or are you already there and she is asking awkward questions regarding money?

More info, then maybe we can help....but my advice is, don't give one cent until you are married, otherwise you will more than likely be taken for a ride....but even after marriage, nothing is guaranteed.

Good luck.

Cheers.

I have visited Thailand and love it. I am planning on living there next year and I will be looking for a girlfriend who is not working in a bar. I am simply trying to figure out how much money I will need to live there.

Richard

Let's try & re-phase your question. You are intending to move to Thailand next year on permanent basis - assume retire?. You want a 'good girl" who would have to be currently working to support herself & usually some members of her family. However, you would like her to take the risk of stopping work & live with you with no guarantees for her future? You give no indication of desired lifestyle nor your preferred location. So you will get answers varying between 60k baht and say 200k baht per month, unless you give a lot more specific information.

• Like 1

I don't date the women that rely on my pocket constantly, how does it make me alone? smile.png

I meant you sound like a man who lives alone and not with a woman. More like a person who dates than one who has a wife or significant other living with him.

This, I feel, is the right answer :-

You ask her how much she wants.

If you get a figure, decide if you can manage that and are comfortable with it. If yes, pay it. If no, walk away. On no account, negotiate. I repeat do not negotiate.

If you don't get a figure, pay her what you feel you should. If she moans it is not enough, walk away. On no account shoud you negotiate. Do not negotiate.

If all is going well for a while, the financial demands may increase. If you are comfortable with the amount, pay it. If not, walk away. Once again, do not negotiate.

Follow this and you will be fine.

• Like 2

I meant you sound like a man who lives alone and not with a woman. More like a person who dates than one who has a wife or significant other living with him.

Not true. My point is if one seeks for a real relationship he won't keep it going by monthly payments. It's like the man is renting her on an indifferent installment.

If 2 people share a living based on interest in each other that's another topic. But if she is based on your money, it isn't real, she is bought.

• Like 1

Not true. My point is if one seeks for a real relationship he won't keep it going by monthly payments. It's like the man is renting her on an indifferent installment.

If 2 people share a living based on interest in each other that's another topic. But if she is based on your money, it isn't real, she is bought.

I agree with you but I still assume you live alone and the person you date also has a home. Perhaps you share some time together but you are not married or in a relationship one could call common law marriage.

I agree with you but I still assume you live alone and the person you date also has a home. Perhaps you share some time together but you are not married or in a relationship one could call common law marriage.

I wonder why do you get this assumption? But yeah I don't go over paper commitments and I have my own privacy.

I love a woman that does her best to take care of herself, to me they're the reliable ones for a long-term relationship. If she's financially short but does not expect me to pay her expenses, I'd love to help her out until she's on her feet. But the OP here is implying on something else.

Well you haven't really told us of your situation....you are referring to a video you saw on youtube.

So are you speculating, should you find yourself in a relationship...or are you already there and she is asking awkward questions regarding money?

More info, then maybe we can help....but my advice is, don't give one cent until you are married, otherwise you will more than likely be taken for a ride....but even after marriage, nothing is guaranteed.

Good luck.

Cheers.

I have visited Thailand and love it. I am planning on living there next year and I will be looking for a girlfriend who is not working in a bar. I am simply trying to figure out how much money I will need to live there.

Richard

Look for a woman who 1) has a job and 2) who wants to continue working and be financially independent. Any woman, irrespective of nationality, who tells you she'll stop working if you pay her is nothing more than a lazy ***** and will be more trouble than she's worth.

My gf and I live together. She continued working and has only asked me for money once in 4 years (a few thousand to tide her over when she was between jobs). I pay most of the bills (rent, restaurants, etc.) and she insists on paying the rest (i.e. electricity, water, etc.). This is perfectly fine by me as I earn about 4-5 times more than she does.

If you start off paying a woman to be with you, then I isn't the real deal and will more than likely just lead to problems.

Good luck!

• Like 2

This, I feel, is the right answer :-

You ask her how much she wants.

If you get a figure, decide if you can manage that and are comfortable with it. If yes, pay it. If no, walk away. On no account, negotiate. I repeat do not negotiate.

If you don't get a figure, pay her what you feel you should. If she moans it is not enough, walk away. On no account shoud you negotiate. Do not negotiate.

If all is going well for a while, the financial demands may increase. If you are comfortable with the amount, pay it. If not, walk away. Once again, do not negotiate.

Follow this and you will be fine.

Why are you against negotiation?

Good luck.

Cheers.

Richard

Let's try & re-phase your question. You are intending to move to Thailand next year on permanent basis - assume retire?. You want a 'good girl" who would have to be currently working to support herself & usually some members of her family. However, you would like her to take the risk of stopping work & live with you with no guarantees for her future? You give no indication of desired lifestyle nor your preferred location. So you will get answers varying between 60k baht and say 200k baht per month, unless you give a lot more specific information.

I will retire and will be 55 years old. I have never said that I want anybody to stop working. I was simply taking an example from YouTube of a guy who is giving his girlfriend some money each months because she is not working. I simply want to see what is usually done under those circumstances. If I find a girlfriend who has a job and is enjoying it, I would be happy to see her continue working. I have not decided where I will live. I am planning on staying in Chiang Mai for a while and I am also planning to live some time in Bangkok. I may end up living anywhere. I will go where life is good.

How do you mean ?

It means some people cannot comprehend its possible to find a g/f who is financially independent and would find being kept and taking money as not appreciated. There are plenty out there who don't need a guys money, who will contribute towards costs, have a uni degree, company car etc and do earn considerably more than the minimum wage. But that does warrant more effort than buying a lady out of a bar.

so my answer to OP question 0 baht unless you want house wife then that's all down to your negotiating skills and income.

Edited by marstons
  • Like 1

I know someone who used to give his wife 50,000b per month. The land with 3 houses and the car were in her name.

She has now sold the land and shot through, first thing he knew about it was when someone turned up at the door and told him he had to get out as they had bought the place.

Could it be that too much promotes greed?

Me, the lady gets 15,000b per month which pays for the rent, power, water and food and she always seems to be able to get things for herself out of that.

My wife quit her job at my request due to working a long way from where we were living at the time. Educated, degree and never in the bar trade, good family etc. The Housing Commission of Thailand were paying her generously at 7,000 Baht a month giggle.gif and then asked her to start working all Saturday as well for no extra pay. That was the catalyst to drop the job. 10 years on she has enough to do around the house, kids to look after and so on. I simply leave the majority of money I can earn with her and she handles everything from company tax, social security and looking after the mortgage. I know what our expenses are and she is not a spendthrift. It is a good arrangement and when she puts some money aside to her family I have no objection.

Depending on the status of your wife (I would not recommend this for an ex bar fly), the trust you have, like my wife, where she was earning so small an amount, and was able to live on that including rent, food and transport, I would suggest you offer a similar amount but do it at say 2k a week not 8-10k a month in a lump sum or it could go very quickly. It is after all, spending money and she will pay some things from that but don't expect her to fill your car with that money...

My wife and I have ATM cards to the same accounts. Sometimes she physically pays a bill or spends on something and sometimes I do.

Who cares who earns more or less? It's always been 'our' money, 'our' bills and 'our' spending.

Not saying I'd wear one of her dresses or that she's particularly interested in using my prized socket set .... but WE own them.

You pay your kids an allowance, not each other.

• Like 2