An Interesting Incident

Falcon01

Staying at a higher end hotel last trip. Went swimming and to the gym with a Thai lady, then back to the room to get ready to go out for dinner. I started to iron a shirt, and she was amazed that I knew how to iron clothes or that i would even do that instead of sending them out for the hotel staff. Anyway, she proceeded to take the iron from me and began showing me her own skills, like she could do it much better and faster. Well, with a little prodding and some generous compliments, she ended up ironing four shirts, two pair of trousers, and a pair of walking shorts. And to top it off, she found a loose button, and fixed that as well. :)

Just a small incident that stuck in my mind.

umm...good for you? But fyi this was neither interesting nor what one would classify as an incident. It is a general piece of information that is irrelevant to anyone except yourself & possibly the lady in question.

I am somewhat confused by the point of this post.

• Like 1

umm...good for you? But fyi this was neither interesting nor what one would classify as an incident. It is a general piece of information that is irrelevant to anyone except yourself & possibly the lady in question.

Guess I was just wondering if something like that had happened to others. Might be relevant to others. Sorry if it bored or confused you. Maybe you live a much more interesting life then me :)

My wife used to work 6 days a week in an office while i stayed home.

I did the washing and ironed her work clothes day for the next days work.

Quiet often she would fine fault with something on a shirt I ironed, which did not bother me anyway, a little amusing if anything.

I would watch her iron a shirt and she was meticulous , the shirt would be perfect when she finished.

I have noticed other things like her ironing that she does with perfection.

I just think it is the thai way for some to have pride in every thing they do.

There are a lot of people in this forum who post rubbish comments in everybody else's post.

Maybe they should do some ironing instead of typing

Agree fully. The lady in question also spent much time and great care with each item. She seemed to take it as a challenge to show me how a Thai would do it. I rib her in emails asking how the ironing is going.

My Mum used to work as an in store demonstrator for Morphy Richards and was taught how to iron shirts properly. She later taught me. I can iron a shirt that will make you weep with admiration tongue.png

• Global Moderators
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 9,225 posts

Posted Today, 02:06

• photo-thumb-1041.jpg?_r=1356628492
  • Global Moderators
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 9,225 posts

My Mum used to work as an in store demonstrator for Morphy Richards and was taught how to iron shirts properly. She later taught me. I can iron a shirt that will make you weep with admiration tongue.png

Lucky you, and I say that in a good sense. I dislike doing it, most likely because I have not mastered the task.

Staying at a higher end hotel last trip. Went swimming and to the gym with a Thai lady, then back to the room to get ready to go out for dinner. I started to iron a shirt, and she was amazed that I knew how to iron clothes or that i would even do that instead of sending them out for the hotel staff. Anyway, she proceeded to take the iron from me and began showing me her own skills, like she could do it much better and faster. Well, with a little prodding and some generous compliments, she ended up ironing four shirts, two pair of trousers, and a pair of walking shorts. And to top it off, she found a loose button, and fixed that as well. :)

Reckon this post is too positive about Thai women for most...

• Like 1

Staying at a higher end hotel last trip. Went swimming and to the gym with a Thai lady, then back to the room to get ready to go out for dinner. I started to iron a shirt, and she was amazed that I knew how to iron clothes or that i would even do that instead of sending them out for the hotel staff. Anyway, she proceeded to take the iron from me and began showing me her own skills, like she could do it much better and faster. Well, with a little prodding and some generous compliments, she ended up ironing four shirts, two pair of trousers, and a pair of walking shorts. And to top it off, she found a loose button, and fixed that as well. smile.png

Reckon this post is too positive about Thai women for most...

But they like to watch him at the gym cause hes fully fully ripped.

so you made a hooker iron your clothes? congrats?

What made you jump to that conclusion?

Don't listen to them, Falcon. There are always a few old miserable people who want to start an argument. I for one enjoyed your little story. It had a sweet, simple message in it. It is always the simple things that somehow touch us the most.

I'm glad that you enjoy such wholesome entertainment.

so you made a hooker iron your clothes? congrats?

What made you jump to that conclusion?

Don't listen to them, Falcon. There are always a few old miserable people who want to start an argument. I for one enjoyed your little story. It had a sweet, simple message in it. It is always the simple things that somehow touch us the most.

It was odd how such a simple post drew such negative responses. And you are right about often recalling the little things from past travels. I am not yet jaded, and still have a good outlook towards Thai people in general.