Online Business For Retirees

CeeBee

"you need to prove you bring in about 65,000 a month"

No, you need to prove you have a monthly income abroad equivalent of 65.000 ThB, there is no regulation about the amount which has to been transferred to Thailand, this of course if you apply for a "retirement visa" based on income.

Any combination of income and deposit totalling 800,000B/year should be acceptable (half for a marriage extension). The deposit part has to be in place for the 3 months preceding the application (2 months for the first extension) and available for withdrawal if required.

For the combination method there is no requirement for the deposited funds to be in place for 3 months, I have been extending for a number of years by this method and have on occasion topped up the account to the required balancing figure a week or so before applying.

"you need to prove you bring in about 65,000 a month"

No, you need to prove you have a monthly income abroad equivalent of 65.000 ThB, there is no regulation about the amount which has to been transferred to Thailand, this of course if you apply for a "retirement visa" based on income.

I was about to post something similar but then it occurred to me that he probably meant "bring in" as in "make" rather than "bring in to the country".

For the combination method there is no requirement for the deposited funds to be in place for 3 months, I have been extending for a number of years by this method and have on occasion topped up the account to the required balancing figure a week or so before applying.

That's handy for those who do it that way. Is that one of those interpretations that depend on which immigration office you go to, or does it apply to all of them?