1 Year On A Lifan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe my information is off, but one difference between this Lifan 110 engine and the Wave 110 engine seems to be the bore and stroke:

The honda is a long stroker at 55.6, with a narrow bore of 50 and a total displacement of 109.1cc, while the Lifan has a short stroke of 49.5 and a bigger bore of 52.4, for a total displacement a bit smaller at 106.72 (but presumably still large enough they feel validated in rounding it up to 110).

I've no idea if these differences would be noticable in such small bikes, but perhaps?

The Lifan is a 109cc motor. I will find out the bore and stroke. But my guess is maybe yes as the Lifan has more torque than my wave by far and less top end

Here are the specifications from Lifan's Thailand site: http://www.lifanth.c...-lf110-26h.html

Lifan clutch is made. Easy to change gears. I still do not jerk off. Make sense of smoother driving.

Is the guy that wrote the script really thinking about the scooter 100% of the time?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

70’s and 80’s people joked about Hyndai and Kia. Clearly they too are well in the game now and have entered the ultra-luxury market of cars

I know this is supposed to be a bike thread but I have to say that Hyundai and Kia being in the ultra-luxury car market is probably only true of South Korean government purchasing and perhaps sub-Saharan Africa.

In this field at least, they have a lot evolution and consciousness-expansion to do to do as a culture before the aesthetic and engineering sensibilities / sensitivities that the likes of Rolls-Royce or BMW take for granted are to become common currency in Korea.

A Chinese friend once admitted that after a trip to Germany he had an epiphany and realised that for all this time, he and Chinese culture in general were not in fact taking the shortest route from A - B, they weren't even getting to B, or if they did reach B they didn't reach it intact.

Edited by Trembly

Let me take a wild guess why there's no response from our Lifan fan and owner...

Went on a trip recently on my Nouvo 135 when I was passed by a Thai on a small, interesting-looking street bike. I opened up and followed the guy and soon caught up with him. But when he realized I was close behind him he also opened up. A race ensued for a few kilometers, he pulled slowly away on the straights but I always caught up in the turns. I managed to pass him when there were several bends in the road and he tried to overtake me again but every time he came close a turn was coming up and he stayed behind. Then he overtook me again on a straight but had to stop at an intersection. I stopped next to him and checked out his bike, it was a new Lifan 200, a smart-looking bike. He was trying to start it, the engine had died when he came to a stop after the full-speed race. I took off at green and saw him still sitting at the light in my rear-view mirror. Never saw him again!

At least an offer is always nice. I have pushed a few scooters with my foot from my bikeas they were walking to the nearest gas station & it is hot as he11. I always figure someday it could be me& maybe someone else will be as nice

Wow!! Will have to try that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Let me take a wild guess why there's no response from our Lifan fan and owner...

Went on a trip recently on my Nouvo 135 when I was passed by a Thai on a small, interesting-looking street bike. I opened up and followed the guy and soon caught up with him. But when he realized I was close behind him he also opened up. A race ensued for a few kilometers, he pulled slowly away on the straights but I always caught up in the turns. I managed to pass him when there were several bends in the road and he tried to overtake me again but every time he came close a turn was coming up and he stayed behind. Then he overtook me again on a straight but had to stop at an intersection. I stopped next to him and checked out his bike, it was a new Lifan 200, a smart-looking bike. He was trying to start it, the engine had died when he came to a stop after the full-speed race. I took off at green and saw him still sitting at the light in my rear-view mirror. Never saw him again!

wow, amazing read. Took me straight back in time to when i was 14 and racing scooters against other freckled faced kids.

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 2

Rolo Tomazi "Let me take a wild guess why there's no response from our Lifan fan and owner..."

Just saw this thread, friend told me about it as we were recently knocking back a few.

Going on 1 year now with my Lifan Cross 200, have 15,500 kms on it.

Issues report:

-stock clutch cable snapped in 2nd month.

-connections to my battery became corroded after six months (salt air in Phuket I think)and like the guy Rolo describes my bike just went "off" electrically while stopped at a light.

No big deal really, the boyz sanded the connectors and I was good to go. Did put a new battery in though.

-Rust.Cheap Chinese steel. Bolts are rusting, exhaust rusting, regularly spraying the rust proof all over, will probably start replacing things with some better steel.

-Blue paint job fading big time, thinking of painting the whole thing black.

-Front tire blowout, local motorcycle shop for tube "mai mii". Send the guy off to another shop comes back, "mai mii". Go to shop where I purchased the bike "mai mii". Ended up in town at a wholesaler where I bought three front tubes and two for the rear.

Other than the above which I think is sort of normal bike stuff, the bike has been great, has good power, fun to ride.

• Like 1

Rolo Tomazi "Let me take a wild guess why there's no response from our Lifan fan and owner..."

Just saw this thread, friend told me about it as we were recently knocking back a few.

Going on 1 year now with my Lifan Cross 200, have 15,500 kms on it.

Issues report:

-stock clutch cable snapped in 2nd month.

-connections to my battery became corroded after six months (salt air in Phuket I think)and like the guy Rolo describes my bike just went "off" electrically while stopped at a light.

No big deal really, the boyz sanded the connectors and I was good to go. Did put a new battery in though.

-Rust.Cheap Chinese steel. Bolts are rusting, exhaust rusting, regularly spraying the rust proof all over, will probably start replacing things with some better steel.

-Blue paint job fading big time, thinking of painting the whole thing black.

-Front tire blowout, local motorcycle shop for tube "mai mii". Send the guy off to another shop comes back, "mai mii". Go to shop where I purchased the bike "mai mii". Ended up in town at a wholesaler where I bought three front tubes and two for the rear.

Other than the above which I think is sort of normal bike stuff, the bike has been great, has good power, fun to ride.

another satisfied Lifan owner, there is a thread dedicated to the lifan cross here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/543777-lifan-cross-200/

Many happy lifan owners there.........

Edited by pokerkid

• 6 months later...

First tank 50 klp

Wife says the seat feels higher than the Wave

Second tank 57 kpl

Highest speed noted so far 110 kph

On the way taking my daughter to school a PCX 150 smoked us. Yes we are on the humble Ares 110 and about 160 kilos of weight and moving along at 100 kph

The Aries failed the Egg test. Purchased 10 eggs at the fresh market,put them in the basket, then drove the long way home, 50 km, over the bumpiest roads I could find. Half were broken half not. Had scrambled eggs for breakfast.

This morning went up to Doi Sethep. 20 km up winding hills. The bike did 60 80 all the way up without complaint and down the brakes worked as they should and the handling was confidence inspiring. Better than the Wave

Third tank 50 kpl but was all hill work. Gas gauge is pessimistic. Shows empty when it is half full

Every morning the bike starts right up with no choke. Mornings are cool too at 12c with sitting all night

Did some unofficial drag races with a friend on a Honda Wave 110. I am heavier but the Lifan was faster off the line and only on the very top end near 100 kph did the Honda seem to have more oomph !

1 thing that could be a safety issue is the bike will start in any gear. The Honda only starts in neutral

Oh yea buddy. My wife and I love to ride up to Doi Sethep, and Doi Saket. Let.s get together with the women and go sightseeing.

Well, I'm keeping an eye on the Lifan 200 Cross reports. But QC seem to be a major concern, also for their 250 cc V-twin (Yamaha Virago copy).

Jeff, when you sell your bike, how much do you reckon you will get for it @ 20,000 km and after 1 year? Good luck getting more than 11,000 Baht!

As the cold start accounts for some 95% of an engine's wear & tear, your long rides mean that the average abuse of very many very short rides is far tougher.

Enjoy your trips!

Chris

I.m coming up on 4000k on my lifan 250 twin. The only problems I have had with it is dealership mechanic incompetence (Chiang Mai). Basic service with them requires a 2nd trip to undo, or fix what they messed up, every time. If I were to mention anything negative about the 250 by design, it would be they are geared too low. Top speed about 60mph/95+kph and are loud (Harley owners call that a bonus). I have throttle left at 50mph so not sure if it would top out at 60 or go higher. Seems to be enough to take it faster, but without a wind screen, I keep it at 50-55. That's all the wind blast my scrawny body can handle.

• Like 1

Report on the Lifan pony 100 is still going well after just under 2 years and am still riding it like I want to kill it, but has had no problems but the speedo stopped working after 2 months and stopped on 666 km so didn't fix it because I think it is the little devil.Gets ridden most days and have modded it up and tuned the carby to take 95 benzine. Heaps cheaper than a KSR has a clutch,front and rear discs and great fun off road around the rice fields.

• Like 1