Yingluck Outlines Thailand's Strategies

webfact

Well to keep inflation at a reasonable level, despite the fact that the Dems exhausted the entire fuel reserve, is quite an achievement, given the impact rising fuel prices can have, more of an achievement considering the investment of continuing funding of the rice scheme. I do not think it is the PM that is personally responsible for coming up with the ideas/actions and implementation for improvement in any government, some of you guys really need to get a grip!!

You should try letting go of it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well to keep inflation at a reasonable level, despite the fact that the Dems exhausted the entire fuel reserve, is quite an achievement, given the impact rising fuel prices can have, more of an achievement considering the investment of continuing funding of the rice scheme. I do not think it is the PM that is personally responsible for coming up with the ideas/actions and implementation for improvement in any government, some of you guys really need to get a grip!!

You should try letting go of it.

If you are trying to bait Mick you'll have to do better than that..biggrin.png .

The 'despite the fact that the Dems exhausted the fuel reserve' is interesting. I assume you refer to the Democrat's led government and possibly to statutory fuel reserve of 36 days which has been increased to 90 days June 2012. Mind you, in October 2011 the Energy Minister ordered oil companies to keep 29 days reserves at hand, but that was 'inspired' by a flooding well done.

Maybe you meant the 'oil fund' collection which the current government stopped late 2011 or early 2012. Now that helped to bring down inflation, but depleted the 'oil funds'.

Now as for the last, whether or not the PM came up personally with those four new strategies, she's the one who proudly presents them, she's ultimately responsable for formulation, implementation, auditing.

Edited by rubl

Stupid quotes got me again.I sure wish the mods would start a thread on how to avoid this.

Smutcakes can you please give us your opinion on whether the Shinawatra family has stolen any money from the Thai people i.e evading taxes or any other method?

I expect they have avoided/evaded/not declared tax- as do a huge amount of the population in Thailand and the world over- and if this is stealing from the Thai people then yes they have, but it is pure speculation as to how much they avoided, evaded etc etc Obviously I could not prove it, but i am sure they are by no means the only politicians avoiding/evading tax, not that it makes it right by any means.

Thank you sir.I agree they are not the only pigges at the trough.

The 'despite the fact that the Dems exhausted the fuel reserve' is interesting. I assume you refer to the Democrat's led government and possibly to statutory fuel reserve of 36 days which has been increased to 90 days June 2012. Mind you, in October 2011 the Energy Minister ordered oil companies to keep 29 days reserves at hand, but that was 'inspired' by a flooding well done.

Maybe you meant the 'oil fund' collection which the current government stopped late 2011 or early 2012. Now that helped to bring down inflation, but depleted the 'oil funds'.

Now as for the last, whether or not the PM can up personally with those four new strategies, she's the one who proudly presents them, she's ultimately responsable for formulation, implementation, auditing.

Oil fund Rubl which was used to subsidise the price of fuel, it was exhausted by the democrat government infact I last heard it was in deficit, your slight correction is welcome but does not change the facts. So well done Yingluck and the team, the baht continues to hold up well. Soon all Tai will be enjoying cheap holidays in Europe. smile.png

Now as for the last, whether or not the PM can up personally with those four new strategies, she's the one who proudly presents them, she's ultimately responsable for formulation, implementation, auditing.

Oil fund Rubl which was used to subsidise the price of fuel, it was exhausted by the democrat government infact I last heard it was in deficit, your slight correction is welcome but does not change the facts. So well done Yingluck and the team, the baht continues to hold up well. Soon all Tai will be enjoying cheap holidays in Europe. smile.png

Now that's the best one I've heard today. Thanks I needed a good laugh before hitting the sack.cheesy.gif
  • Like 1

The Democrat's led government depleted the 'oil funds' to subsidise LPG and some fuels. That's bad!

The Yingluck government stopped the levee for the 'oil fund' to help drive fuel costs down. That's good!

The Yingluck government has no plans to start levee for 'oil funds' again or wants them slow down. That's good!

So blame the Dems?

2011-04-27

"The NEPC also agreed in principle to allow the Energy Fund Administration Institute (EFAI) to seek loans of not exceeding 20 billion THB in order to add liquidity to the Oil Fund, which has been depleted"

http://www.pattayamail.com/business/nepc-approves-industrial-lpg-price-rise-from-jul-2971

2011-08-30

"Friday's decision by the National Energy Policy Council to lower the contributions to the Oil Fund from the sale of three products - 95- and 91-octane petrol and diesel - immediately reduced fuel prices."

2011-09-05

"Suspension of Oil Fund levy saves Thai gov't from inflation pressure: Thai economist

The Oil Fund looks set to borrow soon as its net cash position is only one billion baht "

http://news.xinhuane...c_131098119.htm

2012-03-29

"Energy Ministry confirms no plan for Oil Fund collection"

http://thaifinancial...und-collection/

2013-01-26

"Oil company PTT Plc supports the Pheu Thai Party’s policy to shut down the state Oil Fund and says this would mean petrol and diesel would be cheaper, but gas prices would rise right away."

http://www.livetradi...o-end-46483.htm

2013-01-26

"The deputy said that the fuel oil fund collection should be slowed down and excise tax in some oil should be reduced while some should be increased in order to reduce private sector's capital."

http://www.thaigov.g...g-expenses.html

• Like 1

Well one way or another she is Prime Minister of a country, which I would say is an achievement. I think most people would classify that is an achievement or on Thai Visa do we have higher standards for personal accomplishments? I am waiting to hear what all our esteemed members have achieved in their lives which provides the opportunity to ridicule someone else achievements. If you dont classify being a PM an achievement, what have any of the past PM's etc done?

The very fact that the car industry is going such great guns at the moment, is testament to the forward thinking nature of the PTP Government in comparison to the Democrats. In fact I think this one success story alone, is more than the Democrats did in their recent term, unless someone wants to point out some of their successful achievements?

An achievement for the Shinawara's that must be recognised - they have managed to steal more money from the people of this country than anybody that I know of, while managing to pay/give less back than almost everone.

That any body or group that you are able to name, perhaps ??

Well one way or another she is Prime Minister of a country, which I would say is an achievement. I think most people would classify that is an achievement or on Thai Visa do we have higher standards for personal accomplishments? I am waiting to hear what all our esteemed members have achieved in their lives which provides the opportunity to ridicule someone else achievements. If you dont classify being a PM an achievement, what have any of the past PM's etc done?

The very fact that the car industry is going such great guns at the moment, is testament to the forward thinking nature of the PTP Government in comparison to the Democrats. In fact I think this one success story alone, is more than the Democrats did in their recent term, unless someone wants to point out some of their successful achievements?

An achievement for the Shinawara's that must be recognised - they have managed to steal more money from the people of this country than anybody that I know of, while managing to pay/give less back than almost everone.

phil you have been a member of this forum since 2003 and you don't know the answer to your own question? Come on man get real.
  • Like 2

phil you have been a member of this forum since 2003 and you don't know the answer to your own question? Come on man get real.

precisely the point that cannot be made.............

Be as it may (although you are just speculating), obviously the Thai people disagree with you.

The Thai people don't disagree, they just aren't educated enough to understand. Thaksin's monopoly was an obvious and blatant rort, but 90% of the Thais that I have attempted to explain this to have no concept of a monopoly, free trade, or most other economic basics. Those that do don't vote PTP.

And there is nothing speculative about that theft, it is an historical fact.

Maybe the Thais do understand, but they are more than willing to turn a blind eye or put up with it in order to have someone else in power, other than those that have been predominantly in the position since the beginning of time, who have never even given thought to helping people who are less well off. (which incidentally why the people are not educated enough to make informed decisions)

If they had spent a bit more time thinking about this situation in the decades they were in power, and appeased the masses a little more, than there probably would never have been a position that Thaksin could come in and take up and rally the support.

Like they know TS is crap and corrupt, but still at present prefer him to the other people who have never even thrown a scrap off their table in the past 100 years, and still would not do if TS had not increased the political awareness or interest of many people. (the reasons he did it are bye the bye good or bad)

IIRC another former-PM also exhausted the financial oil-funds, intended for price-smoothing, by holding-down the prices pre-election some several years ago, when world market-prices rose significantly & inconveniently, only to allow pump-prices to jump just after the election ? Was that also a blatant electoral-bribe, would you agree ? No Double Standards ... they're all at it !

Re cheap holidays, the Som-Tam Lady (fount of knowledge on all things Thai) recently told me, she had heard that all Thai citizens will shortly be awarded unpaid-civil-servant status, thus enabling them to fly for free, with dear old Thai Airways. It is indeed a cunning plan, or rumour, although it conflicts with the declared-objective to bring the carrier back into profit, I fear. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

IIRC another former-PM also exhausted the financial oil-funds, intended for price-smoothing, by holding-down the prices pre-election some several years ago, when world market-prices rose significantly & inconveniently, only to allow pump-prices to jump just after the election ? Was that also a blatant electoral-bribe, would you agree ? No Double Standards ... they're all at it !

Re cheap holidays, the Som-Tam Lady (fount of knowledge on all things Thai) recently told me, she had heard that all Thai citizens will shortly be awarded unpaid-civil-servant status, thus enabling them to fly for free, with dear old Thai Airways. It is indeed a cunning plan, or rumour, although it conflicts with the declared-objective to bring the carrier back into profit, I fear. rolleyes.gif

No denial here that governments use methodology available to increase popularity with the electorate to retain power, the oil fund manipulation being just one example, of course I can agree with you because you have the intelligence to accept manipulation is not the unique action of one party or one goverment. I like the idea of the Thai touring the world, much as the Japanese do now, how it would raise their understanding of the 'global village'.

Amen to that ... As the many Thais now working/living abroad return home, bringing their savings & self-confidence & experience of other cultures with them, they help change the country, far more beneficial for the grass-roots than sending the lucky few off to study abroad for a few years.

Change will come ! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

More soundbites and no substance

In a four-point strategy to herald Thailand’s arrival at a new era, Yingluck urged the public sector to strengthen Thailand's competitive edge to lift the country from low-income to middle-income levels, and minimise disparity in society to create equal opportunity.

post-46292-0-78441000-1364342479_thumb.jThanks Yingluck it all sounds so rosey, you must be on top of the world..... What happened next?

Jan 24: The baht has posted a remarkable rally during the past month, pushing Thai business owners and politicians into a state of panic about the possibility of harm being done to Thai exporters.

The plan to borrow Bt2 trillion to finance infrastructure projects is expected to see the ghost of corruption return to haunt the Yingluck Shinawatra government once again.

Jan 30: The Cabinet has approved a budget of 157 million baht to be paid to police officials who are hired to watch for dodgy dealers taking part in the government’s rice pledging scheme.

Jan 31: Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today categorically denied an international news report that her brother, ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, controls the cabinet remotely from abroad via various telecommunications channels.

7 February: The Prime Minister has assured that the government’s long-term flood prevention program will be up and running before the end of 2013.

Feb 9: Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Saturday said she wants 2013 to be the Year of Thailand, where the country's economy is growing and confidence will be restored.

Feb 14: Water experts and engineers expressed concern yesterday that the government would not be able to go ahead with its plan to complete the Bt350-billion water-management plan because of mismanagement over the bidding process and environmental hurdles.

Feb 24: Kittiratt fails to oversee banking sector. While minister lectures BOT, crisis of confidence is growing at state banks.

Feb 28: With rice exports moving sluggishly, the Commerce Ministry will tomorrow propose that the National Rice Policy Committee revise down its pledged price from Bt15,000 a tonne to Bt13,000 or Bt14,000 a tonne for white paddy rice in April's second-crop harvest season.

March 1: The government cannot avoid making amendments to the rice-pledging scheme, though it abruptly cancelled today's meeting of the National Rice Policy Committee (NRPC), rice exporters and academics said.

March 6: The government's rice-pledging scheme is taking a toll on Thailand's tightly squeezed budget

March 6: Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has urged the Belgian private sector to take part in investment in Thailand’s mega infrastructure projects.

March 6:THIS year Indonesia could pass Thailand to become the largest vehicle market, by unit sales, in Southeast Asia.

March 8: Thailand's economy is rapidly gaining momentum on loose monetary and fiscal policies, but it may be growing too quickly for its own good, according to Nomura Research.

March 10: Firms in North hurt by minimum wage rise, want more govt help

March 11: Thirachai Phuvanatnaranubala, the first finance minister of the Yingluck Shinawatra administration, yesterday warned against the government's move to seek a Bt2-trillion "off-budget" loan for its mega-infrastructure plan.

March 11: Thailand’s credit rating was restored to BBB+ by Fitch Ratings four years after political turmoil prompted a cut, signaling confidence in Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s ability to maintain social stability.

March 12: Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday met with agencies involved in the development of the Bt2.2-trillion Infrastructure Development Bill, asking them to make sure the details of the projects are clear.

March 12: Institutional investors have investigated over 500 companies and vowed to pour investment into a select group showing proven good governance, in their bid to boost the private sector's fight against corruption.

March 12: Skype address shows Thaksin orders, Pheu Thai follows

March 13: An expert in agricultural economics predicts that the Thai government’s rice pledging scheme will soon help drive prices in the market up.

March 13: Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra used the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Thailand (FCCT) annual "Dinner with the PM" to deny she was a mere puppet of her brother, fugitive former premier Thaksin.

March 14: Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's Skype marks a major political step for his supporters, because this is the first time that Pheu Thai Party MPs and ministers have proudly admitted that Thaksin is indeed fully involved in the party's affairs.

March 14: The government's insistence on maintaining the rice-pledging price at Bt15,000 per tonne for another year will lead to higher budgetary losses and a gloomy future for rice-farming development.

March 15: Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is encountering political turbulence which can lead to drastic changes for her as well as her government.

March 15: Parliament should enact a law similar to the "fiscal cliff" legislation of the United States to control Thailand's public debts, which may exceed more than 60 per cent of the country's gross domestic product in 2019, economic experts said yesterday.

March 15: Bubble warning as signs of speculation appear.

March 16: The Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF) special committee will travel to Thailand next month to check if the country’s money laundering situation has improved before pulling it out of the blacklist.

March 16: Deputy Parliament President Charoen Jankomol has asked that all Cabinet members - in particular Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra - attend House meetings and answer MPs' queries.

March 17: Pheu Thai heavy-weight Yaowapa Wongsawat is being prepared as a stand-in should PM Yingluck Shinawatra meet with a political accident.

March 18: Govt must be held accountable for ruinous rice scheme. Pheu Thai Party has put its political future ahead of the long-term interests of farmers and the nation

March 18: Noppadol Pattama flatly denied the rumour that Thaksin and his family hold a share in PTT Plc, the national oil and gas company.

March 18: The Transport Ministry has claimed that an overwhelming majority of people support the state-initiated infrastructure mega-projects, after they have seen the government's presentation.

March 18: Yingluck Shinawatra now appears to be facing some serious legal problems that could cost her the PM's seat.

March 19: The prime minister is not being helped by her fugitive brother's regular demonstrations that he is in charge of this administration

March 19: Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and Pheu Thai faction leader Yaowapa Wongsawat are siblings poised to share the spotlight, but the question is whether the political stage is big enough to accommodate both at the same time.

March 19: BOT alert as economy heats up

March 20: Thaksin denies Yaowapa will be a 'substitute' for the PM

March 20: Pheu Thai's hopes rest on Yaowapa

March 20: Cabinet approves over THB77mil to promote national reconciliation

March 20: Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has asked for a chance to run Thailand until her four-year term expires.

March 21: Thailand's massive US$11.8 billion plan for a series of dams and canals to keep the waters of the Chao Phraya River away from Bangkok is drawing concern that it may be inappropriate, too expensive, and a gigantic magnet for corruption.

March 21: Low grade rice banned from rice pledging scheme

March 21: Push for charter change 'mired in conflict of interest'

March 22: Flood plans doomed to fail, engineers warn.

March 22: Democrat Party deputy leader Korn Chatikavanij yesterday expressed serious concerns about the Bt2-trillion infrastructure borrowing bill proposed by the Yingluck Shinawatra government as it might violate the Constitution

March 22: Thailand sees continuing decline in rice exports

March 22:Rise in mortgages poses threat, says KResearch

March 22: Commerce Ministry: No corruption in government rice deals

March 22: Govt's first-car scheme slammed on social media

March 24: Whips ready for Bt2-trillion loan bill, charter amendment proposals

March 24: Govt vows transparency in Bt2-tn loans

March 25: Strong baht to wreak havoc on Thai auto industry

March 26: Comptroller-General short of funds to pay for car rebates in April

March 26: First-car buyers reversals may affect Thai auto industry

All it took was 2 months to get from economic miracle to financial xxxx storm...................

How you feeling now Yingluck? post-46292-0-02399100-1364342682_thumb.j

Edited by metisdead

The future looks bright for PTP Thaitanic as it sails proudly ahead at full steam.

Happy days ahead for all. Rice on every table and a car in every carport. thumbsup.gif

A tablet in every school bag, a snout in every trough and a fire in every mall.

Thailands Strategies -

#1 Extract/extort as much money from Farang as possible.

#2 Smile whilst doing so

#3 Deny all knowledge

keep this comment to yourself and directs only to your women. Most of Farangs in Thailand are red-neck workers and Thailand hardly extracts money from them, if any.

In a four-point strategy to herald Thailand’s arrival at a new era, Yingluck urged the public sector to strengthen Thailand's competitive edge to lift the country from low-income to middle-income levels, and minimise disparity in society to create equal opportunity.

attachicon.gif733854_440876149322984_2002774078_n.jpgThanks Yingluck it all sounds so rosey, you must be on top of the world..... What happened next?

cut n paste headlines snipped to save repetition and space

All it took was 2 months to get from economic miracle to financial xxxx storm...................

How you feeling now Yingluck? attachicon.gifYingluck and Obama (10).jpg

Great cut n paste job Waza, Thailand, according to the Thai Visa Forum thread titles / The Nation articles coffee1.gif

attachicon.gif733854_440876149322984_2002774078_n.jpgThanks Yingluck it all sounds so rosey, you must be on top of the world..... What happened next?

cut n paste headlines snipped to save repetition and space

How you feeling now Yingluck? attachicon.gifYingluck and Obama (10).jpg

Great cut n paste job Waza, Thailand, according to the Thai Visa Forum thread titles / The Nation articles coffee1.gif

You can always do your own version from your Red rags, eh muttley

PS: This just focused on the financial side. I might do a political one next.