Opening A Shop In A Mall

Dirk_brijs

am looking into opening a shop (food) in one of the malls here

so went out and had a contact with that mall and they told me to make them a drawing (plan) on what the shop would look like??)

I am not sure what they actually meant with that. I tried to ask but they seem to want some sort of drawing from how the shop would look like.

How can you make a drawing from a food shop?

I didnt think anything would look special on that would it?

Anyone hs experience in opening shops in malls and actually knows what they mean?

Is it like a full blown business plan they want?

What they are looking for is an exact drawing with dims of all pieces of equipment and furniture and in color

They will then submit up to the manager for approval and if approved they will expect the actual food stall to be exactly the same as the approved drawing

Will likely new to hire some one to make this drawing as not something that you can just sketch out ...

If you do not know anyone who does this, you can ask them for name of person who can do this

Although the cost I the person they recommend will be much higher than if you can find your self

If they do not like your layout or design, they will reject and then you will have redesign and resubmit drawing for approval

What they are looking for is an exact drawing with dims of all pieces of equipment and furniture and in color

They will then submit up to the manager for approval and if approved they will expect the actual food stall to be exactly the same as the approved drawing

Will likely new to hire some one to make this drawing as not something that you can just sketch out ...

If you do not know anyone who does this, you can ask them for name of person who can do this

Although the cost I the person they recommend will be much higher than if you can find your self

If they do not like your layout or design, they will reject and then you will have redesign and resubmit drawing for approval

so they would reject a plan based on where my fridge and other equipment might be placed?

so anyone know such a person making such drawings?

so anyone know such a person making such drawings?

For opening the shop at the mall, they request for the floor plan. You can draft it what you want your shop shop to be . Mostly, it's about 70-90% which you expect that you want to decorate like this after it's approved , 100% of people change the plan a bit due to it doesn't match.

You can hire an interior designer make it to you too. The cost is quite expensive except you know him and get the reasonable price.

Ditto the above statement. They just want it to fit in with the other shops maybe. You can do some changes after you move in. I had to do this in Europe, but it also had to do with safety and health reasons. Im surprised they ask for anything like that here. What do the other shops look like, are they organized, or typical Thai? Just get a floor plan made, where all your equipment will be located, and what it will look like from the outside. This will also help you, when deciding on what kind of shelving to buy, counter, and frige. Sometimes an empty shop looks bigger than it is, so this will give you a realistic picture of what you need.

Can he not simply give you a budgetary price? I'd hate to do all that work to find out it costs a lot more than I would anticipate.

Or maybe it is his way of seeing if you are serious or not.

I might ask a company that does marketing for condos to knock the design up for you, the software they use makes it easy and is also available in places like Tuk Com.

Or maybe it is his way of seeing if you are serious or not.

Bingo. They get lots of requests, and if some gives up because they do not know how to make a floor plan or cannot afford it, then it is probably not the tenant they are looking for anyway. If the OP wants to increase his chances I suggest submitting a budget and/or business plan together with that floor plan. It shows them that he is serious and knows what he is doing. You will often get the same request when borrowing money for a business from a Thai bank. They don't care about the budget or the plan itself, but it helps them screen who is serious and likely to succeed, and who is not.

Suggestion: Visit several malls in your area and especially other places ... if you see one or two food shop layouts that you like - take numerous photos from different angles. You can do this without drawing too much attention (if you think the shop keeper would become upset). Then take the best photos to a person who can do the layout renderings / floor plan or even view or two of a artist rendition of placement of tables, serving counter, cooking and prep equipment. Remember a PICTURE is really worth a thousand words when you are trying to convey a concept to a graphic artist. Without photos of a prime example of what you want - what is in your mind's eye will not be what is in the artist's eye. Also - get the exact dimensions of the available space you wish to lease. The artist must know the confines.. including locations of electrical outlets if already in place, plumbing - water inlets and drains, access ways, desired foot traffic flow, etc. Outfitted with the above information - making sure your artist is well informed of it - will get you the result you want.

I think anyone who has to ask a such a elementary question like thisThey should seriously consider if they are cut out right for the business world and all it's pitfalls or is he just being pressured into enterprise that will be doomed to failure due to lack of knowledge ...Knowing your market is 90% of any businesses success.

I wish him luck in what every you has planned .

• Like 2

so you as a great business man run blind into any venture do you??

If you have nothing better to say then dumb things please stop posting in forums that are not up to your age group please.

to me running a successful business is having a good market research and setting up a detailed business plan with all expected and unexpected costs added to this. I am not into surprises but that is why I maybe had several successful business in the past

so please leave your comments for yourself and if you have no answer to my inquiries move on to the cartoon forum.

I think anyone who has to ask a such a elementary question like thisThey should seriously consider if they are cut out right for the business world and all it's pitfalls or is he just being pressured into enterprise that will be doomed to failure due to lack of knowledge ...Knowing your market is 90% of any businesses success.

The mall managers cousin would gladly provide all required services for a reasonable fee. You only have to ask. rolleyes.gif

exactly the reason why I had the original question as I am well aware of all the cousin and brother business on the side from all the Mall managers.

Would love to know an approximate idea on what would be acceptable.

The mall managers cousin would gladly provide all required services for a reasonable fee. You only have to ask. rolleyes.gif

exactly the reason why I had the original question as I am well aware of all the cousin and brother business on the side from all the Mall managers.

Would love to know an approximate idea on what would be acceptable.

A set of perspective drawings would cost around Baht 50k. :)

If you have nothing better to say then dumb things please stop posting in forums that are not up to your age group please.

to me running a successful business is having a good market research and setting up a detailed business plan with all expected and unexpected costs added to this. I am not into surprises but that is why I maybe had several successful business in the past

so please leave your comments for yourself and if you have no answer to my inquiries move on to the cartoon forum.

I must apologies I thought I must be in the cartoon forum when I read your post..If it is true that you have several successful businesses why are you asking such a elementary question???? which is self explanatory to any business person ???.....but then again you did say you "HAD" several successful business which implied they failed

I must apologies I thought I must be in the cartoon forum when I read your post..If it is true that you have several successful businesses why are you asking such a elementary question???? which is self explanatory to any business person ???.....but then again you did say you "HAD" several successful business which implied they failed

If you mouth off like that in public people would be lined up to kick your ass.

If you mouth off like that in public people would be lined up to kick your ass.

can I go first and last