What Is It Like To Have New Born Children At 50 Yrs Of Age

mikk3

Hi

Just wondering if any men out there are able to give me their real opinion when it comes to having children at 50 yrs old and up (of coarse the Thai lady isnt that old)

I already have 2 children - 29 & 28 who are grown up, are self sufficient, dont live at home and I kind of like it that way.

I am getting pressure from my lady who is a lovely lady and we are a good match I would say with confidence, however I nearly vomit at the thought of starting again with a new born.

Am I being selfish by not wanting to start again or am I being sensible - Please help

Looking for honest replies as I am going crazy thinking about this subject.

Thanks

Mark

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just do it if you want a new kid for yourself.

Yes, be selfish and just think about YOU.

You gave a lot already and now it's time to only think about YOU and not please anyone else that could be changed so easily...

• Like 1

One more thing Mr. mikk3. Indeed you answered your own questionthumbsup.gif .

You wrote down your gut feeling that translates to me is not to have a baby. Then again if you really want to be with her and if this feeling really makes you happy you should plan it first and then release the sperm.

6 years ago, I became Father to my step-daughter when she was 18 months old and I was 51 years old.

Being a parent can be hard at times, but she has given me so much joy, I have absolutely no regrets.

My only concern is that I could be dead before she becomes an adult.

I think that it is ok to have a child at 50, I wouldn't even consider it if I was 60.

• Like 2

Having a kid when you are fifty or fifty something is crazy. When you hit 65 plus you should be thinking about taking things easy not worrying about school fees and all the other stuff that will come up. Plus your kid will grow up in a world so different from yours it will probably be almost impossible to relate to them.

Have a look at your financial situation. These little horrors ain't cheap you know. My 2 are in a cheap international school and the cost is 40k a month and that will go up in the next 10 years.

An important consideration to be sure. Personally I would definitely not have children at 50, or any other age if it meant they had to attend the government school system here. So budget about 5 million +/- for education, not counting post secondary education.

I fail to see how the issue of age comes into it. The general concensus here from some is that fathers at 50 are going to be dead by 65? Thats very debateable for a start in the moderm health fix most things age. Guys at 50 are emotionally a hell of a lot more mature for fathership than most in their 20's. But what more than anything makes a fallacy of age to fathership is what occurs all over the world and not only Thailand is the amount of fathers of all ages that walk out on their kids regardless. Both occurences leave the child fatherless. Perhaps also the older father dying does leave something more in the way of financial support from wills and the like than what the younger guy walking out does?

As for the OP. Agree if it is making you vomit then don't.

wow, difficult question!

I have two kids myself and I don't want more.

I'll probably get snipped sometime soon, so I will have an easy time later if the case ever arises.

Maybe get a discrete snip with no scars while on a visit in Europe?

I am 68 our son is at uni now ,for many years he lived in the Uk with my daughter who although now married was then in her late 20s ,he was her little brother and we all lived happilly , ,i suppose you could say that i am a young 68 so its never been a problem ,the only thing it is ,is expensive as they get olderthumbsup.gif

Having a kid when you are fifty or fifty something is crazy. When you hit 65 plus you should be thinking about taking things easy not worrying about school fees and all the other stuff that will come up. Plus your kid will grow up in a world so different from yours it will probably be almost impossible to relate to them.

Money will take care of itself with savings and planning.

As for the difference in views due to age. It may be a joy to see life young again. Give a fresh view on things.

Also, for men to have children later in life is a good thing. The men tend to take better care of tjr

most of the times it is the woman who is selfish, just thinks about herself not about you. I have three kids 16, 13 and 3, at the birth of my youngest I was 42, I already felt too old and I think it is not really fair for my daughter. When she enters adulthood I am an old man with 60 plus . I think with above 50 you should tell it a quit and get the vasectomy as recommended, I actually did that already and I think that was the right choice. Evenso I love my little one like crazy, but imaging I was 5 or 10 years older with such a small one, no way!