90 Day Residence Reporting

Per above. Go end next week.

It is your extension of stay that you can renew up to 30 days before, and doing that early is advised. The new extension always starts on the day your current permission to stay ends, so you don't lose any days.

What you need depends upon the immigration office you are going to.

It would be wise to take copy of passport photo page, visa, entry/extension stamps and TM6 departure card in case they are one of the offices that want copies.

I don't need to bring any supporting documents right?

Only my passport and TM47 and 2,000 baht?

Do not understand the '2,000 baht'.

90 day reporting is free. Only a possible 2000 baht fine if reporting more than 7 days late.

• 2 weeks later...

It is true, is it not, that the 90 day reporting date runs from the later of the date of last entry into Thailand and the date of the previous reporting? If the former date is later then I can remove and chuck away the (stapled) last report slip from my passport - also true?

It is true, is it not, that the 90 day reporting date runs from the later of the date of last entry into Thailand and the date of the previous reporting? If the former date is later then I can remove and chuck away the (stapled) last report slip from my passport - also true?

Yes. An entry into Thailand is the start of the 90 days.

Unless immigration remove the previous reporting slip, I'd leave it there. There is absolutely no reason for you to need it, but TIT.

Is there now a system of national segregation.

My 90 days with the bar code took about 20 seconds to be processed. But vast numbers of Indians & Chinese were patiently waiting for their documents to be processed. This was at Chaeng Wattana in December.

I did at the same office a week ago and did not notice any such process - and all handed in and took receipt to wait for call to obtain a few minutes later. It was not being done while you waited at counter; as was sometimes the case. But as I mentioned almost no queue and wait was short.