Succesful Businesses, Why And How?

infinity11

There is a newish bar near the corner of soi chiapoon and boi cow and where soi excite meets. They happen to look quite successful and popular and have since they opened. Why and what makes them so successful? I see a few old and new businesses here like that while others are dead or empty. So what are the reasons for their success? How do these places bring the people in and keep them coming? Luck? Networking? Good deals? Word of mouth? Advertising? Others?

Triangle bar... isn't that a BOGOF (buy one get one free) bar before 10 p.m. or something?

One dying bar on beach road seems to have made a comeback in the last couple of months. I had a beer in there last night and was pleasantly surprised to note the beers were 50 Baht each where before they were either 70 or 75 Baht. Often it is hard to see many spare seats now. With bars nearby costing 75 Baht a beer it seems the pricing is making a big difference.

Seems some people have realised there is a price conscious community out there.

Triangle bar... isn't that a BOGOF (buy one get one free) bar before 10 p.m. or something?

One dying bar on beach road seems to have made a comeback in the last couple of months. I had a beer in there last night and was pleasantly surprised to note the beers were 50 Baht each where before they were either 70 or 75 Baht. Often it is hard to see many spare seats now. With bars nearby costing 75 Baht a beer it seems the pricing is making a big difference.

For sure pricing makes the difference, the difference of making a profit or not.smile.png

If 7/11 would place tables outside it's outlets, I'm sure they would always fully occupied by " price conscious " quality tourists that don't taste the difference between a beer and horse piss as long as it is cheap.

Edited by jbrain

For sure pricing makes the difference, the difference of making a profit or not.smile.png

If 7/11 would place tables outside it's outlets, I'm sure they would always fully occupied by " price conscious " quality tourists that don't taste the difference between a beer and horse piss as long as it is cheap.

Some sit outside regardless.

• Like 1

Take a look at the triangle bar.

It sure seems to be making quite a splash.

Not that I am interested in a bar, just what is it that makes it so darn popular?

the 2 for 1 cheap drinks. Go over there after 11pm and the place is empty

You mean just at the time they were expected to start making some earnings for that day ?biggrin.png

In my opinion what makes business do really well in Pattaya is location and surroundings.

ie you may have the best business model but if you hard to find or away from the foot area, you will not have the business

also being a tourist zone, no matter how bad the business model is, there are enough tourists to visit it.

Long term, if one wanted to have a business, in my opinion, need to cater for 3 markets-tourists, locals and expats.

Naturally it means a combination of good location, prices and service

Not that I am interested in a bar, just what is it that makes it so darn popular?

You mean just at the time they were expected to start making some earnings for that day ?biggrin.png

I think they do most trade during the day, night time its empty. though this place seem to have the right combo, very low overheads(no air), hardly any staff and really its somewhat a well made shed with chairs and a pool table

I think they do most trade during the day, night time its empty. though this place seem to have the right combo, very low overheads(no air), hardly any staff and really its somewhat a well made shed with chairs and a pool table

You know the anecdote about the fish seller don't you.

He sold his herrings at a cent loss each, and made a really roaring trade every day.

However he sold each piece at a loss, he still made a profit at the end of the day because he sold such a massive amount of them smile.png

He sold his herrings at a cent loss each, and made a really roaring trade every day.

However he sold each piece at a loss, he still made a profit at the end of the day because he sold such a massive amount of them smile.png

Anyone else confused n bewildered here ?

good point wink.png , some people make a living from the cash flow ie, there is always money in the pocket

Anyone else confused n bewildered here ?

Nope, i have underlined the keyword in the original post, so it should clear up the the confusionbiggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...