Phuket Police Search For Drive-By Target ' Dannie' Knudsen

webfact

Phuket Police search for drive-by target 'Dannie' Knudsen

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Patong Police are searching for Danish national Dennis Mark Knudsen, 24, the intended target in the drive-by shooting in Patong on Tuesday night that saw two German tourists accidentally wounded (story here).

The news follows Australians John Cohen, 32, and Adam Shea, 26, opening fire in Soi Sansabai, near the tourist-popular Soi Bangla.

Their intended target was a man initially named by police only as “Dannie”. However, police yesterday confirmed that the man’s real name is Dennis Knudsen.

“We have been informed that ‘Dannie’ is a Danish national and that his real name is Dennis Knudsen,” Patong Police Deputy Superintendent Akanit Danpitaksat told the Phuket Gazette.

“Apparently he also has identification documents issued in the name of Mike Chilli,” he added.

However, Lt Col Akanit told the Gazette this morning that Mr Knudsen is wanted only for breaking bail conditions. Police are not looking to question him over the street shooting episode.

“Since he failed to turn up in court on Tuesday, the Phuket Provincial Court has notified us that he is now wanted by the court for breaking conditions of his bail,” Col Akanit said.

Mr Knudsen was to appear at Phuket Provincial Court to resolve a dispute with the two Australians Mr Cohen and Mr Shea about a “big bike” worth about 300,000 baht.

He apparently rented the motorbike, but later sold it.

Mr Knudsen was arrested by Pattaya Police on September 20, 2012 on outstanding embezzlement charges. The warrant, number 432/2555, was issued by the Phuket Provincial Court on August 27, 2012.

After his arrest by police in Pattaya last year, Mr Knudsen was handed over to the Patong Police.

“Our investigation focuses only on the shooting incident. We have arrested the two suspects and we have their statements. We are now ready to transfer the case to the public prosecutor,” Col Akanit said.

“The dispute over the [alleged] embezzlement is a separate case to be resolved as a civil matter in the court,” he added.

Meanwhile, Mr Cohen and Mr Shea are being detained in Phuket Provincial Prison awaiting trial.

They have both been charged with attempted murder for Tuesday’s failed assassination of Mr Knudsen.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...dsen-20050.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-25

related:

Australian Arrested On Phuket For Shooting German Tourists

Phuket Tales of the Unexpected

By Staff Reporter

dennismarkknudsen.jpg

For those who have been following the Phuket tale of the two Australian tattoo artists who shot, and missed, a Danish man (who owed them money), but did hit two passing Germans who ended up in hospital, you cant afford to miss todays episode...

The Danish man, until now anonymous except to the Police, turns out to be none other than Dennis Mark Knudsen, a 24 year old who gave Pattaya Police the run around back in September as they sought him out, following a tip off.. from Phuket.

Investigators on the Island then had a warrant for HIS arrest on the charge of renting a motorbike on Phuket and not returning it. Then demanding a huge amount of cash from the rental company in return for the bike.

Pattaya police arrested him and he was due to go back to Phuket, under their watchful eye, to face a court hearing. . Also known as Danni and, for some reason, in possession of identity papers for one “ Mike Chilli” he is wanted by police for breaking his bail conditions and failing to appear in court after his enforced return to the Island [more...]

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...the-unexpected/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-01-26

footer_n.gif

By Staff Reporter

dennismarkknudsen.jpg

For those who have been following the Phuket tale of the two Australian tattoo artists who shot, and missed, a Danish man (who owed them money), but did hit two passing Germans who ended up in hospital, you cant afford to miss todays episode...

The Danish man, until now anonymous except to the Police, turns out to be none other than Dennis Mark Knudsen, a 24 year old who gave Pattaya Police the run around back in September as they sought him out, following a tip off.. from Phuket.

Investigators on the Island then had a warrant for HIS arrest on the charge of renting a motorbike on Phuket and not returning it. Then demanding a huge amount of cash from the rental company in return for the bike.

Pattaya police arrested him and he was due to go back to Phuket, under their watchful eye, to face a court hearing. . Also known as Danni and, for some reason, in possession of identity papers for one “ Mike Chilli” he is wanted by police for breaking his bail conditions and failing to appear in court after his enforced return to the Island [more...]

pattaya_103_fm.png

footer_n.gif

Pattaya police arrested him and he was due to go back to Phuket, under their watchful eye, to face a court hearing.

I love this place !!!!!!!!! Phuket puts out an arrest warrant. By some miracle the Pattaya police actually pick him up and

have him in detention. Then the next story is he is out and about in Phuket. Apparently he paid some money to the police

in Pattaya and skipped town. Reading a lot of different stories, somehow the Thai police have morphed the concept of bail into

a sort of massive shakedown payment.......

By Staff Reporter

dennismarkknudsen.jpg

pattaya_103_fm.png

footer_n.gif

Pattaya police arrested him and he was due to go back to Phuket, under their watchful eye, to face a court hearing.

I love this place !!!!!!!!! Phuket puts out an arrest warrant. By some miracle the Pattaya police actually pick him up and

have him in detention. Then the next story is he is out and about in Phuket. Apparently he paid some money to the police

in Pattaya and skipped town. Reading a lot of different stories, somehow the Thai police have morphed the concept of bail into

a sort of massive shakedown payment.......

Whats funnier is the guy trying to extort money from the motorbike rental company to get their bike back. Thats some interesting logic "no, I'm not paying you the rental fees, you need to pay me to get the bike back" Amazing Denmark !

Edited by grumpyoldman

Why not save all the fuss and police time and let them all go free. They will soon find a solution to their problem. Or maybe more bystanders will get shot !

A Cage Fight! w00t.gif That'll do it - can sell tickets, too. Hide some guns in the cage and watch them beat the h3ll out of each other looking for the guns to shoot each other. smile.png

I asked this on another thread>>>sorry to ask again but>>

The headline is accurate (except it should now be updated to the plural "Australians")

The two Australians have been arrested and charged with attempted murder on the two Germans.

snapback.pngBuchholz, on 2013-01-24 13:00:06, said:

Yes ,thanks thats the way i read it , but others are saying the charges are related only to the Dane

who was after all the target,,tho not injured.

Conspiracy to murder etc, because of the financial dealing??

Anyone else see it in any other way? Is the attempted murder charge in relation to the accidental wounding of Germans or to the premedicated attempt on the Danish man??

Thanks

The headline is accurate (except it should now be updated to the plural "Australians")

The two Australians have been arrested and charged with attempted murder on the two Germans.

Yes ,thanks thats the way i read it , but others are saying the charges are related only to the Dane

Anyone else see it in any other way? Is the attempted murder charge in relation to the accidental wounding of Germans or to the premedicated attempt on the Danish man??

Thanks

From what I've read, the conspiracy charge came in to play because the two Australians conspired to hide the gun after the shooting.

Thanks

From what I've read, the conspiracy charge came in to play because the two Australians conspired to hide the gun after the shooting.

Yes thanks.i understand that..but what i want to know is only this

Who are the attempted murder charges related to >>>>The Germans, who were shot or the Danish guy [who really was the intended target]

Thanks

Who are the attempted murder charges related to >>>>The Germans, who were shot or the Danish guy [who really was the intended target]

The Germans.

Thanks

The Germans.

Thanks Jimi007 ..Is this 100% as i have been following on another site where the opinion by all is that media is confusing the story and that the charges are against the ozzies for attempting to murder the Danish man.??/unsure.png

The Germans.

Thanks Jimi007 ..Is this 100% as i have been following on another site where the opinion by all is that media is confusing the story and that the charges are against the ozzies for attempting to murder the Danish man.??/unsure.png

Nothing is 100% with the local news here. But from following the news, that's the way it was written... There are three news sources here that follow the story. Two can be mentioned: The Phuket Gazette and The Phuket News. The third can't be mentioned, but if you look at TV Forum rule 31, it does mention them. Each one has a slightly different report. The third on says they were refused bail and are charged with attempted murder and illegal weapons possession at their arraignment.

Edited by Jimi007

Not sure how Thailand law works re murder but in the cases I've been involved with in courts....

They wouldn't be charged with attempted murder of the Germans because there was no 'intent' to kill or harm them, that was an accident so can't see that being the case.

Attempted murder would be on the Danish guy. Just because you are a bad shot doesn't mean you didn't 'intend' to kill him.

Also, they couldn't just say they didn't intend to kill him, just wound or scare. It is what a reasonable person would think would happen, or what could be the outcome if he was shot.

Though I'm not sure it works that way in Thailand, I'm sure others will be able to answer more on point.

Not sure how Thailand law works re murder but in the cases I've been involved with in courts....

They wouldn't be charged with attempted murder of the Germans because there was no 'intent' to kill or harm them, that was an accident so can't see that being the case.

Attempted murder would be on the Danish guy. Just because you are a bad shot doesn't mean you didn't 'intend' to kill him.

Also, they couldn't just say they didn't intend to kill him, just wound or scare. It is what a reasonable person would think would happen, or what could be the outcome if he was shot.

Though I'm not sure it works that way in Thailand, I'm sure others will be able to answer more on point.

I believe that since he discharged the weapon in public, without regard for the people in the very busy tourist area he was in, the police are pressing for the most severe charge they can. The Public Prosecutor has yet to file the actual charges as of yesterday. The two are being held without bond and must appear in court every 12 days.

This is what my point is.Seems that nobody can interpret 100% who the Ozzies are facing charges for Germans or Danish.

All the media points to it being for the Germans but logic tell us that the charges would be for the Danish man.

This is what my point is.Seems that nobody can interpret 100% who the Ozzies are facing charges for Germans or Danish.

All the media points to it being for the Germans but logic tell us that the charges would be for the Danish man.

You are beating a dead house in your posts. He didn't shoot anyone but the Germans. There was never any confirmed report that I ever saw, that "Dannie" was even in the area, so how could they be charged for attempted murder on someone that wasn't there or who wasn't ever positively identified? There is a manhunt on for him now in Phuket... And who cares? They are locked up and will be until trial, prison time, then deportation. They are pretty simple and straight forward with charges here.

Edited by Jimi007

You are beating a dead house in your posts. He didn't shoot anyone but the Germans. There was never any confirmed report that I ever saw, that "Dannie" was even in the area, so how could they be charged for attempted murder on someone that wasn't there or who wasn't ever positively identified? There is a manhunt on for him now in Phuket... And who cares? They are locked up and will be until trial, prison time, then deportation. They are pretty simple and straight forward with charges here.

No need to be quite so rude is there?

Re;you say you have no report of Danny being in tjhe area...on this forum>>>

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.smile.png

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

I asked a question, oh so simple..You replied and FDog replied;

You are adamant that the charges relate to the Germans, but the other poster says opposite as below

So i'm sorry if you think i'm beatdeadhorse.gif and that YOU dont care, but for reasons of my own i indeed do care.

If you cannot help in giving me a factual reply, just don't post..wai2.gif

Any knowledgable posters who can give the facts please do.much appreciated

As you can see we have two differing points of view at the moment.So who is right? Jimmi or FDog?

No need to be quite so rude is there?

Re;you say you have no report of Danny being in tjhe area...on this forum>>>

PHUKET: -- Two Australians angry with a Danish man who had not repaid money he had borrowed from them, shot at him last night.smile.png

They missed, hitting instead two German tourists passing by on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

I asked a question, oh so simple..You replied and FDog replied;

You are adamant that the charges relate to the Germans, but the other poster says opposite as below

So i'm sorry if you think i'm beatdeadhorse.gif and that YOU dont care, but for reasons of my own i indeed do care.

Any knowledgable posters who can give the facts please do.much appreciated

As you can see we have two differing points of view at the moment.So who is right? Jimmi or FDog?

I guess I was wrong: "Meanwhile, Mr Cohen and Mr Shea are being detained in Phuket Provincial Prison awaiting trial.

They have both been charged with attempted murder for Tuesday’s failed assassination of Mr Knudsen."

I'm not so sure this is going to be a simple case.

The Australians have been charged with attempted murder on "Dannie." As a result of the attempted murder, he sustained no injuries, yet, two innocent bystanders did.

Dannie is a criminal and is on the run. He also may have bikie gang connections. He has yet to be interviewed about this matter. He may refuse to be interviewed and/or give a statement - remember, he is the "victim" and also a "witness" against the Australians for an attempted murder charge on himself. There is a code among criminals that you do not testify against other criminals. He may refuse to speak about the shooting.

The innocant German bystanders may go home and put this incident behind them. They may not bother returning to Phuket, at their own expense, to give evidence in Court. They only suffered flesh wounds, so, this is a possibility.

So, Dannie is eventually captured and refuses to say anything about the shooting. He either pays the million baht compensation for the bike to the Australians, or goes to gaol. The attempted murder charge fails at Court.

The Germans don't show up for the trail - those charges fail as well.

That leaves the police with only the firing of a gun in a public place charge - probably not a very long sentence at all, and maybe even a just a fine.

A lot with depend on what Dannie has to say.

<snip>

<snip>

I guess I was wrong: "Meanwhile, Mr Cohen and Mr Shea are being detained in Phuket Provincial Prison awaiting trial.

They have both been charged with attempted murder for Tuesday’s failed assassination of Mr Knudsen."

I gave you factual information. You're welcome...