Blues Factory 5th Year Anniversary

davethailand

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya is lucky to have such a quality venue as the Blues Factory. The musicianship and ambience is fantastic.

Lam is a world class player and if there is any justice he ought to have a world-wide hit with his arrangement of 'Over The Rainbow'. I hope someone out there promotes it as it deserves to be heard. I can imagine it being played on MOR stations everywhere. A sort of modern Albatross. Intros...outros...links...and just for the sheer pleasure of hearing Lam's astonishing technical ability.

You only have to see the audience reaction each time he plays it. Everyone is moved...not just the oldies but the whole audience. Its a crossover hit!

As a long time music lover I feel that he has managed to put many,many years of experience and skill into the arrangement. Its absolutely haunting and just about perfect.

Well done Dave and your staff. No business lasts unless its doing something right. Heres to another five years.

:o

The old adage "There's no such thing as bad advertising' springs to mind reading this thread :D

Well done Dave :D

You might consider a dozen "honey's" walking the street with - http://www.ass-vertise.com/

Cheers :D

Dave used to have a couple of honeys on the street.

Not sure if they are still there though, or what they have on their panties.

The Coyote girls are still there, not even sure if they are wearing panties at all ! :o

The old adage "There's no such thing as bad advertising' springs to mind reading this thread :D

Well done Dave :D

You might consider a dozen "honey's" walking the street with - http://www.ass-vertise.com/

Dave used to have a couple of honeys on the street.

Not sure if they are still there though, or what they have on their panties.

The Coyote girls are still there, not even sure if they are wearing panties at all ! :o

And least we forget the intermission (between sets) dancing girls - never had the opportunity to see them perform before Dave nixed that experiment, but I heard they were wildly popular. :D

Edited by britmaveric

Are you going to be there Brit?

I dropped by Kurgen's shop this afternoon and he said he'd be there (albeit sleeping by the door.... :o his words... ching ching...) and I'll drop in for a while... :D

I dropped by Kurgen's shop this afternoon and he said he'd be there (albeit sleeping by the door.... :o his words... ching ching...) and I'll drop in for a while... :D

July! :D

Bugger... missed you again... :D

Mai bpen rai... we need a calendar to show all you transients comings and goings.... and then organise a really big pissup when everyone's here!

:D

I'll have a couple in your honour anyway... chok dee. :D

July! :D

Bugger... missed you again... :D

Mai bpen rai... we need a calendar to show all you transients comings and goings.... and then organise a really big pissup when everyone's here!

:D

I'll have a couple in your honour anyway... chok dee. :D

Were in Thailand in June/July going to try and hook up with Brit, so you can make the effort to come and meet up as well :D

congratulations Dave I will certainly be in for a few with the misses! Dont miss my first anniversary next month!

was in the BF last night with some friends, not hard to spot limping around, plan to come on Sat with some friends if my ribs don't bother me too much

Dave's giving out vouchers for King Seafood instead of the buffet , nice chap
King Seafood vouchers?

I'll be there for sure!!!

Kings Seafood , count me in
Wish I could come tonight, especially seeing as you're giving out vouchers for King Seafood !!
everything seems brighter since he's offering King Seafood vouchers

cool.... King Seafood vouchers. We (plural) will be there.

Dave, you should organize charity for this party, if you give it a real think, I would love to donate and offer these cheap charlies a few free drinks, if interested, just pm with your bank details and I'll pay a visit to the nearsest ATM...I don't know why more than 50% of the tipic turned into the "Pattaya's Cheap Charlie's 5th Year Anniversary"

Dave, you should organize charity for this party, if you give it a real think, I would love to donate and offer these cheap charlies a few free drinks, if interested, just pm with your bank details and I'll pay a visit to the nearsest ATM...I don't know why more than 50% of the tipic turned into the "Pattaya's Cheap Charlie's 5th Year Anniversary"

Included in the charity event, which I will sponsor! should be a five minute talk

"Understanding the British sense of Humour" :o

Included in the charity event, which I will sponsor! should be a five minute talk

Well, maybe some have a sense of humour, but I think that if you'd open a pole and ask everyone if they took it as a joke or not...I think you'd be impressed :D

Well, maybe some have a sense of humour, but I think that if you'd open a pole and ask everyone if they took it as a joke or not...I think you'd be impressed :D

Speaking of Poles....Here's a nice pretty one that would be quite pleasant to open:

post-9005-1141467908_thumb.jpg

**free mini-lecture included on "Understanding the American Sense of Humor"**

Edited by sriracha john

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and confirm some guests.

Mason Ruffner is in Chiang Mai so is'nt coming.

Matthew Kelly is confirmed.

Olarn Project confirmed.

Kitti Guitar Gun confirmed.

50/50 Lek Carabao and Sek Loso? (fingers crossed).

:o

Come on now Alexth, Chill :o

Is a glass of beer half full or half empty :D

Do you really think I have 6 kids? don't even like the sqiggly, smelly little things :D

Have a positive image of fellow TV"s

There are some Cheap Charlies around for sure, the 5\10 baht baht bus questions and the cheapest way to get to\from the airport questions "stress me" How do they get on in bar, taking care of there newly bought Tilac? :D