Blues Factory 5th Year Anniversary

davethailand

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and confirm some guests.

Mason Ruffner is in Chiang Mai so is'nt coming.

Matthew Kelly is confirmed.

Olarn Project confirmed.

Kitti Guitar Gun confirmed.

50/50 Lek Carabao and Sek Loso? (fingers crossed).

:D

OMG!

Gonna be tough staying vertical tonight...

:o

good thing we'll have our stomachs full first at Kings Seafood... :D

Edited by sriracha john

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now Alexth, Chill :o

Is a glass of beer half full or half empty :D

Do you really think I have 6 kids? don't even like the sqiggly, smelly little things :D

Have a positive image of fellow TV"s

There are some Cheap Charlies around for sure, the 5\10 baht baht bus questions and the cheapest way to get to\from the airport questions "stress me" How do they get on in bar, taking care of there newly bought Tilac? :D

Cheers :D

CGW, I hope you didn't took it personal, anyways, Thailand IS STILL CHEAP, and I want to know, how much we pay in Europe for one beer? Less than 3 euros? :D

I'll check out Blues Factory tomorrow at the party, I am really curious to see what it's like

Do you really think I have 6 kids? don't even like the sqiggly, smelly little things :D

There are some Cheap Charlies around for sure, the 5\10 baht baht bus questions and the cheapest way to get to\from the airport questions "stress me" How do they get on in bar, taking care of there newly bought Tilac? :D

CGW, I hope you didn't took it personal, anyways, Thailand IS STILL CHEAP, and I want to know, how much we pay in Europe for one beer? Less than 3 euros? :D

I'll check out Blues Factory tomorrow at the party, I am really curious to see what it's like

I would'nt check the party out tomorrow if i were you. :D (the parties tonight) :D

CGW, I hope you didn't took it personal, anyways, Thailand IS STILL CHEAP, and I want to know, how much we pay in Europe for one beer? Less than 3 euros? :o

Not at all, certainly been accused of far worse, my bank statement proves to me on a monthly basis how little of a CC I am :D

I would'nt check the party out tomorrow if i were you. :D (the parties tonight) :D

Ok guys, I'll see you all in 3 or 4 hours then...

alexth:

I take it that you missed Loso then ?

Some poor sod passed out while Kitti Guitar Gun was on stage..I hope he was ok in the end..we decided to leave at that time, but as we where leaving the boys in brown went into Daves place, hopefully it was to help the bloke who passed out and not to conduct urine tests 55555.

No sign of any vouchers for seafood,but what the hel_l it was a good night out anyways.

:o:D

Edited by johng

Well it was a great night and it was great to see so many Thai Visa members.

The guilty parties were-

Siracha John

PattayaFox

Jaidee

John101

Penzman

MrBojangles

Professor Fart

I hope i have'nt forgotten anyone else.

Loads of prizes were won by TV members i believe, some special guests actually showed up and the powers that be secured a late opening for us.

Thanks very much to Thai Visa for the banner which was a nice thought.

Heres a couple of sampler pics and the rest are in the photo section.

DSCF4964.sized.jpg

DSCF4933.sized.jpg

DSCF4866.sized.jpg

DSCF4842.sized.jpg

DSCF4894.sized.jpg

A mere day and a half later to recuperate and I can now feel the left side of my body...... phew. What a blow out....

I especially liked the funny line when Snowman was handing out the first prize, "How appropriate, a bald man has won the hair dryer."...

p.s. I don't believe I offended anyone that night, but if I did, I apologize.

Edited by sriracha john

It was a great night... thanks Dave. :D

Did Penzman manage to get up and play with his bass, or did the Sambucca's get the better of him? :o

Good to finally put some more faces to the names of the Pattaya (and Sriracha/Chonburi) TV members.

Did Penzman manage to get up and play with his bass, or did the Sambucca's get the better of him? :o

I'd like to say he did and that he played brilliantly, but unfortunately after about the ninth Sambuca, the memory is completely gone...

post-9005-1141616845_thumb.jpg

Romana Sambuca is made by taking a root of a liquorice shrub (a shrub that grows native to Asia and southern Europe) and extracting the glycyrrhizic acid, this is then infused with Witch Elderbush. The sugar and these natural aromatic plant extracts make for a delicious combination. This is the worlds leading Sambuca.

AHHH... not sure which caused the most damage.... the glycyrrhizic acid or the Witch Elderbush???

Good to finally put some more faces to the names of the Pattaya (and Sriracha/Chonburi) TV members.

likewise.... always good to meet another member of Thailand's journalistic corps...

Edited by sriracha john

Great Party Dave, thanks for the hair dryer ! (I had the ticket for the first prize drawn, but let my date collect the prize as she makes much better eye-candy than me ! Plus the fact I don't have a lot of hair to dry in the first place) :o

Unfortunately, my group of 8 decided to leave right after the first prize draw.

Jai Dee, was that you I gave my tickets to ? Did you win anything ?

Yes Kerryd... it was me, khob khun khrap again.

And yes, we won a nice toasted sandwich maker.

Not sure if it was one of your tickets or one of ours that won it... (and of course I'd say that anyway... :D )

Not sure if it was one of your tickets or one of ours that won it... (and of course I'd say that anyway... :D )

I gave you mine as well Jai Dee :o

Nice to meet some of you guys i haven't met before. A great night, although we had to leave early :D

Yes Kerryd... it was me, khob khun khrap again.

And yes, we won a nice toasted sandwich maker.

Well, at least it went to a TV member !

Although, a sandwich toaster would have been more useful to a guy with half a head of hair, instead of a hair dryer :o

(I think my date liked it though)

Did not play bass unfortunately.

I did growl some baritone with my head out the window on the way back home though.

I must've glazed about 2 Km of Sukhumvit rd asphalt with the sambucas. :D

RoadSign-Slippery.gif

Snowman and Mary and the rest of the Blues Machine will be playing at Tokyo Joe's BKK on thurs 16th at 1130pm in the BKK blues festival.

I'll be in tokyo Joes on thursday also, maybe friday/ saturday also.

Olarn Project and Kitti Guitar gunn will hopefully join the line up in the blues factory for that particular weekend (music festival).

Thanks for all the great comments everyone. :o

tuky Yesterday, 2006-03-06 16:42:23 Post #14

I wanted to post a laughing smiley at this comment... :D

Thanks... I found it prudent from past experiences to get those "blanket apologies" in early... :o

I did growl some baritone with my head out the window on the way back home though.

RoadSign-Slippery.gif

a ha!!!.... That might explain this news report I came across:

Bangkok Herald-Examiner (Pattaya branch office)

HAZMAT_info_page_photo-01.jpg

A huge traffic jam resulted early Sunday morning around 3am when an apparent toxic waste spill from an unknown vehicle spread a vast quantity of an unidentified, yet obviously extremely hazardous material, along Sukhumwit Road. A passing Italian tourist thought he could identify the smell, but wasn't absolutely sure.

Fortunately no accidents were reported, although several travelers reported feeling ill and vomited when exposed to the vile stench for a lengthy period of time.

Clean-up crews worked tirelessly for approximately 4 hours removing the putrid-smelling and chunky debris from the roadway until 7am, whereupon traffic was again flowing at the normal uneven and slow pace.

I've never heard it called "growling baritone" before.... puke.gif

tuky Yesterday, 2006-03-06 16:42:23 Post #14

I wanted to post a laughing smiley at this comment... :D

Thanks... I found it prudent from past experiences to get those "blanket apologies" in early... :o

I quite often find myself in that position too SJ, but it is always worth it :D

RoadSign-Slippery.gif

a ha!!!.... That might explain this news report I came across:

Bangkok Herald-Examiner (Pattaya branch office)

HAZMAT_info_page_photo-01.jpg

A huge traffic jam resulted early Sunday morning around 3am when an apparent toxic waste spill from an unknown vehicle spread a vast quantity of an unidentified, yet obviously extremely hazardous material, along Sukhumwit Road. A passing Italian tourist thought he could identify the smell, but wasn't absolutely sure.

Fortunately no accidents were reported, although several travelers reported feeling ill and vomited when exposed to the vile stench for a lengthy period of time.

Clean-up crews worked tirelessly for approximately 4 hours removing the putrid-smelling and chunky debris from the roadway until 7am, whereupon traffic was again flowing at the normal uneven and slow pace.

:D Excellent mate :D