Isaan Girls With Farang Partners Abroad

Jezz

There are countless stories about farangs spending ridiculous amounts of money on girls from Isaan. My question is, how many farangs take Isaan girls back to their home countries and still pay crazy amounts of money to keep the girls happy by ensuring they have enough cash to send back to the family at home? Add to that the cost of regular holidays in Thailand to visit family in order to hold the relationship together, in my book, adds up to an awful lot of money. I'm just curious because I'm an old ex-pat Brit happily retired in Isaan with my Thai wife and family and never go home.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took mine to oz for 3 months. I spent bugger all on her whilst in oz, she wouldn't go out of the house unless it was with me so weekdays at work she just changed all the house around to suit herself and did the gardening. :)

Though I did think it would be cheap to just feed her rice and chicken for her stay. How wrong I was, she ate anything and everything, those long creamed donuts were her favourite, of course I'm quite fond of them as well.

The next trip was for 6 months. She only asked for money once in that 6 months and she (that's me) sent 3,000 baht.

When I'm not in Thailand there is no set amount or time I send money, it's only when she asks. She does some basic factory work in Bangkok and when she goes back to the village for an extended stay she brews her own moonshine and sells it (love a girl who can make her own booze) but there is no way I'll touch the stuff again. Had the hangover from hell.

In the 3 years we have been together I would think it would work out at a couple of thousand baht per month, not much.

I mean, don't get me wrong, she still loves coming back to Thailand but is ready to go back home (where ever that may be) well before I am. I drag the chain in booking tickets etc eeking it out as long as I can. She would prefer 2 months in Europe with a few weeks stopover in Thailand on they way.

when she goes back to the village for an extended stay she brews her own moonshine and sells it (love a girl who can make her own booze) but there is no way I'll touch the stuff again. Had the hangover from hell.

I reckon the hellish hangover is worth it for a lass with good business sense.
  • Like 1

Rule 1 - don't give money to gf

Rule 2 - don't pay gf for sex / ever

Rule 3 - don't give gf money for her family

Rule 4- never forget rules 1-3.

Start as you mean to go on. If the relationship start with financial contributions it can never stop.

The only way IMO to tell if your partner wants you or money is to not give any. Is she sticks around you have a goodun, if not you got lucky and you can move on.

I am married 12 years and never paid for gf, never send money to Thai, did not pay sin sod, we go to Thai sometimes but rather go to USA or places we never been.

All happy.

No harm in having a discussion I guess, but be honest guys, do you really care one jot how much money another guy can afford to part with if the mood takes him. I don't, I know a guy who is thinking about building in Thailand...."very nice " I said, gave him a rough idea of what he would spend "Go ahead enjoy" I said...I'm sure you will have a wonderful experience, building inThailand is fun. Same if some guy wants to send money, I say go ahead... why not.....if it makes the recipients happy and it makes you happy that is all that matters....right?

What makes me happy is watching a farang build a Thai woman, her parents, and her sister houses. The reason it makes me happy is because it isn't me who's doing it. biggrin.png

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 2

No harm in having a discussion I guess, but be honest guys, do you really care one jot how much money another guy can afford to part with if the mood takes him. I don't, I know a guy who is thinking about building in Thailand...."very nice " I said, gave him a rough idea of what he would spend "Go ahead enjoy" I said...I'm sure you will have a wonderful experience, building inThailand is fun. Same if some guy wants to send money, I say go ahead... why not.....if it makes the recipients happy and it makes you happy that is all that matters....right?

This is the point really, its none of our business. There is tomes of stories, books and countless web based information out there about the horror stories but we still see the uniformed newbies arrive and fill the spaces year after year. I doubt any of us hasnt been bitten, or at less nimbled on a bit at some stage. The basic premises remain, all farangs are so rich it doesnt matter, and you share excess with family and friends, well if they get to know about it!

• Like 2

This is the point really, its none of our business.

I agree it's up to individuals and not really our business. My curiosity is not so much about the actual costs taken on board, or whether or not the farang undertakes to build, buy land or whatever in Thailand. Rather, it's about how many girls are actually happy to live abroad. Several friends I've met here in Isaan who are about to or have recently taken their new wives back to live in their own countries all express concern about whether their new partners will settle contentedly in a foreign environment. They worry that after a year or so, the lady will miss her home and family too much. Obviously being able to send money home helps in that area but it's the longer term and financial requirements that cause my friends to fret from the outset. I note from a couple of replies that not all Thai girls want to come back very often.

• Like 1

What makes me happy is watching a farang build a Thai woman, her parents, and her sister houses. The reason it makes me happy is because it isn't me who's doing it. biggrin.png

You need to get out more !

• Like 2

You forgot their sons and daughters.
  • Like 2

trouble is they gonna see the other fools doing this and will soon expect you to do also..may not be tomorrow but it will happen!!biggrin.png

• Like 1

My wife is not from Issan, but when were living in my home country in my mind it was the right thing to visit her family every few years for 3/4 weeks; why would you have any issue, you would have to be mean not to do so. In any case a lot cheaper to visit Thailand, than to holiday in home country. .

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

My wife is not from Issan, but when were living in my home country in my mind it was the right thing to visit her family every few years for 3/4 weeks; why would you have any issue, you would have to be mean not to do so. In any case a lot cheaper to visit Thailand, than to holiday in home country. .

It must be expensive in your country, then!thumbsup.gif I take it you no longer live there?

On our visits to Hawaii we have met several couples who have adapted very well to living there. Many of the women seem happier there, unshackled from the social constraints and prejudices found in Thai society. Sure they miss family and like to visit, but if they have made the adjustment and have a life abroad, they would be relinquishing a great deal of personal freedom to return home permanently.

As an aside, you just have to admire people who boast about how cheap and low maintenance their women are.

• Like 2

And her 'brother'.

• Like 2

On our visits to Hawaii we have met several couples who have adapted very well to living there. Many of the women seem happier there, unshackled from the social constraints and prejudices found in Thai society. Sure they miss family and like to visit, but if they have made the adjustment and have a life abroad, they would be relinquishing a great deal of personal freedom to return home permanently.

As an aside, you just have to admire people who boast about how cheap and low maintenance their women are.

I was married before to an American for about four years. One of the things I was specifically looking for in my next wife was someone that was just a bit less materialistic. I was fortunate to find her in Thailand. I do have to admit that she was lower maintenance when we were first married, but overall I would not change a thing. She has said that she will live wherever I want to live, and I have decided that I would like to retire early (early 50s) in Thailand in a couple of (hopefully) short years.
  • Like 1

It must be expensive in your country, then!thumbsup.gif I take it you no longer live there?

Australia is expensive for holidays, cheaper to fly to Thailand.. Yes now retired in Thailand

• Like 1

And her 'brother'.

I appreciate most of your posts Semper but whats with everyone assuming Issan families are rife with blugers?

My wife has 2 brothers, 1 is a chef at Novotel in BKK and the other has a shop in CM.

As for our house in Issan, its for our daughter.

• Like 1

Australia is expensive for holidays, cheaper to fly to Thailand.. Yes now retired in Thailand

Thats correct. Im in Oz and its as cheap to go to Bali, Thailand and the likes than holiday here in Oz!
  • Like 2

To be honest I meet a girl in Issan dated and every thing was good until the parents wanted so much a month from me then I thought this is wrong to me. I aggred on the wedding gold money to family but the monthly income given to the parents I could not agree with , so u know the rest of that story