Expat Social Circle On Samui?

Im sure a similar post has been done before on this. Ive come across a few good people here but generally speaking the people ive come to talk with and associate with are always older than me by 10 years or more. most I know are not into drinking a lot but like to have a get together lunch or dinner 1 time a week and anywhere. To each there own. Good luck definitely not easy though

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I am in my early 60's and I rarely drink in Chaweng, and I never drink in Lamai. I suspect that you would want to meet someone more lively then me.

smiley-char124.gif

Love the smiley thumbsup.gif

sorry.gifofftopic.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gif

Sorry Tropical...couldn't resist tongue.png

• Like 1

Well to be perfectly honest, anyone who can't see the humour in that comment probably hasn't got a sense of good humour. Anyway I didn't come on here to start a war of words, but to find 'like-minded' people, so if you don't like, that's fine, don't comment. Who likes to have fun?!

It might be worth buying a torch and a box of matches. In the same way a frenchman would never dream of going out without a baggette us samui folk never leave home without the equipment to deal with a power cut.

Well to be perfectly honest, anyone who can't see the humour in that comment probably hasn't got a sense of good humour. Anyway I didn't come on here to start a war of words, but to find 'like-minded' people, so if you don't like, that's fine, don't comment. Who likes to have fun?!

It might be worth buying a torch and a box of matches. In the same way a frenchman would never dream of going out without a baggette us samui folk never leave home without the equipment to deal with a power cut.

Yeah I take my gen everywhere, just bought her a nice collar.

Very sensible Rooo.

I heard Samui is regarded as the pioneering force in generators. Can't think why

Yeah I take my gen everywhere, just bought her a nice collar.

Very sensible Rooo.

I heard Samui is regarded as the pioneering force in generators. Can't think why

I can feel sparks between us.

Ok off topic, back on.

Very ageist this thread. I am 53 and can drink 20 Jack Daniels without falling over. I am very humorous at such times and would no doubt be excellent company for a 20 year old girl. I also like curry.

That's the trouble with you youngsters - party animals! giggle.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yo anyone still reading this forum? I'm 22 year old Scottish girl staying in bangrak, seeking people to go out and have a laugh with. Would love to meet up with some other long termers! Get in touch!

Same actually, got here in December and we'll be here at least another 6mths if not longer. I can't tell you where it is exactly cos this website doesn't allow naming of pubs, but it's in Fishermmans village. Do you know if there is private message on this site?

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

I am also looking to meet up with women for a coffee or lunch, or even a movie. I've just moved here with my husband, we don't have children. Just looking to make a few friends and kill a few hours while he is off "making a living".

For the ladies there is the Sisters on Samui

http://www.sos.onsamui.info/

or

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sisters-On-Samui/370606379666109

I do not know if the Samui Expat club is still around

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Samui-Expat-Club/133041423407301

There is the Rotary

http://www.rotarysamui.org/rotary/index.php

and the last one that I am aware of is

https://www.facebook.com/KohSamuiWomensBusinessNetwork

I would think that the SOS one is a good option. Meets once a month for lunch in a poncy hotel. Social event but raises some money for local needs

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 32 year old male here, just arrived 1 month ago and planning to stay for the next who knows how many months. Anyone around my age willing to meet up? I'm currently living in the Choeng Mon area but have no problem to catch the motorbike for a drink somewhere else. PM me!

Hi, 32 year old male here, just arrived 1 month ago and planning to stay for the next who knows how many months. Anyone around my age willing to meet up? I'm currently living in the Choeng Mon area but have no problem to catch the motorbike for a drink somewhere else. PM me!

Hi, I am old enough to be your father (or more) so no offers from me, but why not try one of the many pub quizes that are on the island? Go to Bangrak on a Thursday for 8.30 kick-off at the Premier Bar. Join one of the teams (they are all friendly). You even get a free meal at half time and if your team wins - a free drink.

There are other pub quizes on the island, but they are not TV sponsors so I cannot say their names.

An alternative would be to go and talk to one of the International schools on the island. Most of the teachers would be in your age group and for sure, most of them love a drink or a party.

Hi, I am old enough to be your father (or more) so no offers from me, but why not try one of the many pub quizes that are on the island? Go to Bangrak on a Thursday for 8.30 kick-off at the Premier Bar. Join one of the teams (they are all friendly). You even get a free meal at half time and if your team wins - a free drink.

There are other pub quizes on the island, but they are not TV sponsors so I cannot say their names.

An alternative would be to go and talk to one of the International schools on the island. Most of the teachers would be in your age group and for sure, most of them love a drink or a party.

The premier bar sounds like a good place to start, thanks for the tip!

• 1 month later...

Hi Hawj,

My friend and I are coming from the US starting November 4. Will be teaching english at the Intl School of Tourism there, Surat Thani Rajabhat University. Let me know if you are still around and interested in meeting up! Looks like most people from this forum have not been on in quite a while.. but we are hoping to find some friends when we arrive :)

Claire

• 3 months later...

pretty late reply but i'm still here. You too? :)

Hi Hawj,

My friend and I are coming from the US starting November 4. Will be teaching english at the Intl School of Tourism there, Surat Thani Rajabhat University. Let me know if you are still around and interested in meeting up! Looks like most people from this forum have not been on in quite a while.. but we are hoping to find some friends when we arrive smile.png

Claire