Where Can I Get My Bra/cup Size Measured In Bangkok?

phuturatica

YOu can do it yourself. Get a ribbon tape measure,

Measure just under your bust, then measure your bust , don't squash too much

In inches, the difference 2 is a B

3 inches C cup

4 inches difference is a D cup ; 6 = DD ,,,

The measurement 34 for the measurement under the bust, your rib cage and 36 inches for the bust , your across the breasts, you are a 34 B cup Just convert to centimeters.

YOu can do it yourself. Get a ribbon tape measure,

Measure just under your bust, then measure your bust , don't squash too much

In inches, the difference 2 is a B

3 inches C cup

4 inches difference is a D cup ; 6 = DD ,,,

The measurement 34 for the measurement under the bust, your rib cage and 36 inches for the bust , your across the breasts, you are a 34 B cup Just convert to centimeters.

You have to be careful with these type of formulas, as the fit is more important than the measurement on the tape, and given women come in all different shapes and sizes it varies as to what suits. Also they differ by country. Asian sizes are usually 1 cup different to UK sizes. So B in UK is C here.

:)

How refreshing to not have to endure the objectifying, sexualizing ridicule of half the population's body parts.

Thanks, Thai Visa !!

Cruel thread, to say the least.

Comedy gold - denied!

I am an equal opportunity ridiculer. I wouldn't think of limiting myself to half the population.

• Like 1

THis is not meant to be a smartalek reply. If you want to measure so you can compare with diferent countries sizing etc it may be worth asking a katoey. When it comes to things like makeup and dress fashions they seem to be well skilled.

harrry, interesting thought, I know for' the ladies with bigger feet the best people to ask where to buy shoes are the katoeys. Maybe they know where to buy bigger sized bras (since they don't usually go for an A cup when getting implants ;) )

Sometimes a silly reply has value. It brings the topic back to the top of the board where more people are likely to look. Just saying.

And sometimes silly replies are just a pain in the behind smile.png. Just saying.

Yes, the formula mentioned is accurate in the West but not at all in Thailand.

And I think the differences here are more than just cups all being sized 1 notch larger than they are. The ratio of the under-breast circumference to the cup size is also way different.

Basically, cannot get a Thai made/sized bra to fit well if you are a western woman with a full bosom. Even the largest cup sizes around will be tight on you and the bra circumference meanwhile will be too large and loose. At least that's been my experience. Look for shops selling imported western brands...in which case the sizing formula mentioned should work.

Yes, the formula mentioned is accurate in the West but not at all in Thailand.

And I think the differences here are more than just cups all being sized 1 notch larger than they are. The ratio of the under-breast circumference to the cup size is also way different.

Basically, cannot get a Thai made/sized bra to fit well if you are a western woman with a full bosom. Even the largest cup sizes around will be tight on you and the bra circumference meanwhile will be too large and loose. At least that's been my experience. Look for shops selling imported western brands...in which case the sizing formula mentioned should work.

Yeah I've already noticed the differences in bra circumference. It'll be supposedly the right size, fit me round the back but then I'm left with this huge gap at the top of my bra?! Quite confusing and annoying. Also I do have a pretty full bosom so I'm confused how Thai women fit into these things...

I'm here for the wife....seriously. She is a British girl that does not enjoy the padded bra thing that is Thailand bra buying. Her answer is to go to M&S and spend the extra. This served her very well through pregnancy as their sports bras proved VERY supportive for her increasing bosom. She actually did measure herself and spend time checking the bras in M&S by trying them on. There is a useful video on the M&S website providing fitting information for bras.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/MS-TV/b/311612031?intid=emtv_0_0_1339318461001 (yes guys there are one or two ladies with larger bosoms just wearing their bras....but the internet has so much more so don't waste any more time here)

There is also this link teaching you how to measure yourself for M&S bras.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Bras-Womens-Size-Guides-Product-Information-Help/b/47648031?ie=UTF8&suppressNav=1

Bear in mind that it is now HUGELY important for online traders to offer the best information they can to prospective buyers to reduce the amount of returns as these all eat into their profits.

So, this is a narrow, but popular, choice for ladies of a more full persuasion.

Right, I'm off for a cold shower. All this bra talk is far too much for a well educated man........ unsure.png

Yeah I've already noticed the differences in bra circumference. It'll be supposedly the right size, fit me round the back but then I'm left with this huge gap at the top of my bra?! Quite confusing and annoying. Also I do have a pretty full bosom so I'm confused how Thai women fit into these things...

They don't have full bosoms (at least not by Western standards), that's how. Small bone frames and small breasts to go with them. If they are fat, then larger breasts but also much larger everything hence the problem with the larger bra sizes...they are made for overall fat women not well endowed women.

I've long ago given up and get all my bras in the US.

• 6 months later...

THis is not meant to be a smartalek reply. If you want to measure so you can compare with diferent countries sizing etc it may be worth asking a katoey. When it comes to things like makeup and dress fashions they seem to be well skilled.

harrry, interesting thought, I know for' the ladies with bigger feet the best people to ask where to buy shoes are the katoeys. Maybe they know where to buy bigger sized bras (since they don't usually go for an A cup when getting implants wink.png )

Sometimes a silly reply has value. It brings the topic back to the top of the board where more people are likely to look. Just saying.

And sometimes silly replies are just a pain in the behind. Just saying.

Now now, that's just a snide dig at Katoeys

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Some guy tried to be funny and the post was removed.

Next such comment will get a more severe punishment.

I bet it was something sexual in nature. Threads of this nature are bound to have such types of responses especially so in the misc at bb.com although i do wonder if it could be due to well thailand being famous for its brothels that somehow attract dirty minded ppl in forums like this.

• 4 weeks later...

When I married a Thai lady and she came to live with me in the UK it was obvious that she had no clue as to what her correct bra size was.

I took her to M & S, who offer a free fitting service in the UK, she overcame her shyness and was amazed by the result. The female assistant got her to try various styles after the measurements were completed and they decided that underwired gave her the best fitting, !0 years later she still will only wear M & S bras, and if I visit the UK alone I have to stock up for her at an M & S outlet centre - much cheaper there than in the Bangkok branches. Unfortunately I don't think that they offer a fittinf service here in Thailand. Hope this is helpful.