Life's A Beach In Thailand

Kan Win

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim,like the photos above mate,what caught my eye even more was the old boat in the background in the first photo.

What's the story with that one,and did you get any shots of it....(apart from the one above)

Not sure Shag and DAL, it looks like a boat they use for channel dredging....??? I tried zooming in, but it did not come in well... this is another shot further down the street.

It had moved on by the time I took the second shot above! wink.png

IMG_7466.JPG

Tides are very low on west side of Samui this time of year!

• 3 weeks later...

another side of 'life's a beach' in Thailand

It's not all white sand beaches and clean blue sea

I could smell this well before I reached the shoreline.

Fish/prawn farms emptying ponds and pumping direct into the sea on the Chanthaburi coast between Paknam Khaem Nu and Laem Sing

This pic from 15 September; I was in this area again 2 days ago, and more of the same. Must be the season for flushing the ponds.

tumblr_nchg138aig1r8w5s5o1_1280.jpg

Thank y'all for the likes...

Those are some scans I did with a friends flatbed scanner, not the best either but it was

ok...just barely. My Nik CoolScan scanner has died & the "hospital" can't/won't mend it

anymore. So...Amazon has some CoolScan 9000's but these are not in LOS and not

cheap either just like my old CS-IV wasn't cheap. I'm looking at Hassie's X1 at the first

of the year and it's quite pricey but not as pricey as their X5. The X1 will do what I need

done and do it well....better than any Cool Scan will do it anyway. I have an offer to

exhibit some of my old LOS stuff at a gallery in BKK next year & both the missus & I

reckon it's a great idea to do so. However...I must get the X1 first or the exhibition

won't happen. The prints will be of LOS back in the very early-mid 80's, mostly mono-

chrome with a few Kodachrome's tossed in. Signed limited editions will be available for

purchase and print runs limited to 25 each...framed or matted. Watch the photo thread for

upcoming info...but please...don't hold your breath.

NB...edit to change a product name from Pix to Scan....freakin Nikon...

Archived