Life's A Beach In Thailand

Kan Win

C'mon man. You expect a guy to clear up the beach before he takes a shot?

This isn't National Geographic no one's getting paid or getting printed in the latest magazine.

You missed the shark he buried in the sand camera right, ready for the his supper.

IMO the detritus adds to the realism of him sat underneath a pier drinking Carlsberg Special Brew while innocent people stroll along the pier above. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

^^ re my ship came in

there's one 'beached' like this 30km up he coast from my pic in #423

HMTS Prasae (formerly US Navy frigate Gallup PF-47) - on land at Prasae rivermouth in Rayong province

I've seen other similar pics, wonder how many of these landed ships are around the country?

There is some little irony that this ship ended up on land. It's predecessor HTMS Prasae was 'in action' in the Korean war 1951, the Thai navy managed to get lost in a snowstorm and ran it aground behind enemy lines; couldn't be dragged off the beach and had to be destroyed by the US.

Edited by gomangosteen

^^^ SJ..Regarding the old USN ships around LOS...there's heaps of em.

Even more in Kampooch, mainly landing craft & old Monitors from the

SEA War Games. There's also some Russian costal patrol vessels too.

I'll have a dig through the digitised archives & see what I can post here.

I'm away from the country from Sunday till early next year, hate to go, but work's work - and must be done

I'll be back!

One last cycle ride today, tomorrow I'll give the bike a good clean, oil etc and up on the wall rack it goes under it's blanket . . . tucked up for a while

I love the coast here, always something new to see around the fishing villages and river ports, and the changes of the weather, this rest stop area on the coast highway a favourite stopping place - Paknam Khaem Nu, Chanthaburi coast

tumblr_ncv5sseAWd1r8w5s5o3_1280.jpg

Note: That little cloud showing top left. Photo 3.05pm.

At 3.40pm black skies, electrical storm and a downpour.

Third time this week I've been caught out - I never learn - 'won't rain today'

• Like 2