Food Photography

Dancealot

Don't normally like pointing a camera at people but this one I couldn't resist

Don't know how many would consider this lot as food.

Cleaning the catch.

attachicon.gifcleaning the catch.JPG

That's right rats.

attachicon.gifrats.JPG

Most Thai people that I have seen would not knock them back and that includes my wife.I've told her don't you ever serve them up to me.

Scary pics...bah.gif never seen such pictures ....poor rats. sad.png

My Salad today....wink.png and Spagetti ....let's join in....

attachicon.gifIMG_2173.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2198.JPG

Spagetti Bolognese is something my wife does very well.She learnt to make it whilst in Australia and most of the time will use pork mince or sometimes chicken if she doesn't have pork on hand.

I'm also starting to learn how to cook here, I love to collect international cook books, I'm learning the language with cook book too...giggle.gifwhistling.gif ...first years, it was much fun to learn how to cook, how to bake a cake, bread etc. I found out, cooking western food is kind of easier than thai food, although I am thai, but earlier I seldom or never cook ....that was aunties job. Now I seldom cook again, due to borring....now cooking only easy and fast thing and healthy...veggie....blink.png

• Like 1

Found this on the beach on KP.

Oh Tomyam lost on the way.....whistling.gif

I was looking around the beach for the rest of the ingredients..... Some garlic, perhaps... I Couldn't find themlaugh.png.

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

I'm also starting to learn how to cook here, I love to collect international cook books, I'm learning the language with cook book too...giggle.gifwhistling.gif ...first years, it was much fun to learn how to cook, how to bake a cake, bread etc. I found out, cooking western food is kind of easier than thai food, although I am thai, but earlier I seldom or never cook ....that was aunties job. Now I seldom cook again, due to borring....now cooking only easy and fast thing and healthy...veggie....blink.png

Reader here, should read and consider contributing to this years' calendar.

The 2014 Calendar

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/679083-thaivisa-20142557-calendar-photo-contributions/

• Like 1

I can understand why Thais find it hard to believe we Westerners survive upon bread instead of rice, when all they know is the thin steamed bread sold here, without much substance. We often miss the more substantial breads from home. Now i tried my new bread-maker and for the same cost as a loaf here I can make one far more solid and nutritious. Especially tasty when sliced and toasted. The normal bread here toasted is so light, but this takes four times as long to toast in the toaster and is a real meal.

10768854403_7f1cbb12e8_c.jpg

10768589545_891940cb3c_c.jpg

• Like 1

I can understand why Thais find it hard to believe we Westerners survive upon bread instead of rice, when all they know is the thin steamed bread sold here, without much substance. We often miss the more substantial breads from home. Now i tried my new bread-maker and for the same cost as a loaf here I can make one far more solid and nutritious. Especially tasty when sliced and toasted. The normal bread here toasted is so light, but this takes four times as long to toast in the toaster and is a real meal.

10768854403_7f1cbb12e8_c.jpg

10768589545_891940cb3c_c.jpg

Looks great, I love fresh bread too. Yeah, we (in Thailand) have this machine to sell , once I visited my relation in Bkk, they have new machine and made fresh bread too. At Virasu shops...is one of very popular for ppl to shop...let's have a look. Toast or bread in Thailand are either too soft , or too fine like sponge cake. Since I've been living for a long time in Europe, I do love bread here too, but toast are not that tasty like in Thailand. But I like many kind of bread here in Europe too. Whole grain , whole wheat and just normally white bread. Now u have fun to make fresh bread huh. Have fun kha.thumbsup.gif

be-jesus....it can get awfully cold up here, i must have spent a small fortune at this place over the years.... smile.png

a very welcome break

Goshawk, If I didn't know any better, I would think you where either a spy or you tried to interview a painted hummingbird...rolleyes.gif

Goshawk, If I didn't know any better, I would think you where either a spy or you tried to interview a painted hummingbird...rolleyes.gif

laugh.png..Shhhh..! don't blow my cover... ..xph34r.png.pagespeed.ic.-kLhrEOh0G.webp

jimmy, it's a busby that i nabbed from a member of the Kings Troop, outside Horse Guards, in London....it shrunk a few times in the wash though. sad.png

knew it would come in useful one day. smile.png

^ I see Goshawk, still has his wig post ! biggrin.png ... can't be that cold up there! tongue.png

Mince tarts...first for this year!! ! I got local bakery to make the pastry and I filled with Tesco Mincemeat! .... bake and eat ....such hard work!!! facepalm.gif

Nice to see you are using the oven, Jimmythumbsup.gif. They look tasty and not burnedwhistling.gif .