Food Photography

Dancealot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good electric oven are imported and surprisingly expensive for what you get.

Keep an eye on power for a 9000B gas oven. It struggles over 200'c and if you open the door a bit, expect 180'c.

Damn cheap to run. My misses it several times a week and couldn't live without an oven now.

That's quite an oven, Fred ! Looks like something from the 19th century!

I have both a mini toaster oven which is on it's last legs! and a larger one, which is tediously slow cooking....

I had often looked at what I have pictured below and been a bit skeptical, but saw a friend using one with great results, and got one my self...

Works by blowing hot air around (convection) Great for toast, cakes, and as in image the start of an Indian curry! thumbsup.gif

SAM_0528.JPG

My boss's mother owns Charin Resorts which is halfway between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. They have a very large assortment of the best pies and cakes I've had in Thailand. I have a standing order in that when he goes to pick me up a Lemon Meringue pie - it's incredible. Fortunately he doesn't go that often or I would be looking up diet plans. biggrin.png He surprised me with this one, an assortment of various types. Self control, self control, ... wink.png

pie1.jpg

pie2.jpg

There was talk about pizzas on Phuket forum. I had intense craving for one for couple of weeks or so.

Today, finally, there was an tip of one moderately priced pizzeria at Phuket town. I rode 30km one way just to get one.

It was worth the trip.

2013-08-13_16-39-24.jpg

There was talk about pizzas on Phuket forum. I had intense craving for one for couple of weeks or so.

Today, finally, there was an tip of one moderately priced pizzeria at Phuket town. I rode 30km one way just to get one.

It was worth the trip.

I like the P.O.V. here, oilinky. I understand it's worth the 30km.

Here a 4 fromaggio. (Which actually held 3 cheesesrolleyes.gif) from Fellini's in Koh Phangan.

I'm happy to say to be immune to pizza photos for a while now:)

It's actually funny how the mind works. There are some "home" delicacies which at least I want every now and then. If someone reminds of these foods and those are available locally.. then the craving starts.. and it does not stop.

There are lots of great delicacies back in Finland, which are not available here. Rye bread, salmiakki, blueberries with milk, which might wake up some old memories, but that's it.. almost.

Here a 4 fromaggio. (Which actually held 3 cheesesrolleyes.gif) from Fellini's in Koh Phangan.

I'm happy to say to be immune to pizza photos for a while now:)

It's actually funny how the mind works. There are some "home" delicacies which at least I want every now and then. If someone reminds of these foods and those are available locally.. then the craving starts.. and it does not stop.

There are lots of great delicacies back in Finland, which are not available here. Rye bread, salmiakki, blueberries with milk, which might wake up some old memories, but that's it.. almost.

Salmiakki.. Blueberries with milk?...

I am not familiar with the taste or the look so I don't start craving...

Funny I start craving more strongly about a food I ate before. When I see the picture.. Funny to reaalise I can't start craving for blueberries with milk because I never tasted them before...

[edit] Do you have a finnish picture to share?

I have looked at Tywais' pie a long time.licklips.gif

My boss's mother owns Charin Resorts which is halfway between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. They have a very large assortment of the best pies and cakes I've had in Thailand. I have a standing order in that when he goes to pick me up a Lemon Meringue pie - it's incredible. Fortunately he doesn't go that often or I would be looking up diet plans. biggrin.png He surprised me with this one, an assortment of various types. Self control, self control, ... wink.png

pie1.jpg

pie2.jpg

One of my earliest memories is of one of my aunties lemon merange pies.I can still taste them even now even though she is no longer with us.

Todays Lunch, Grilled Chicken and Egg Salad......

Served with a Japanese Sesame sauce, the salad was massive, it's now in the fridge to be finished off later.

It looks like a lot, theblether. But it sure looks healthy. Sesame sauce on top, nicesmile.png .

Made Nam Prik Ong last night.... video is uploading to Youtube right now...

My farang receipt ...not the usual Thai one ..... I use a blender instead of pestle & mortar and add greater quantities of the ingredients to make it stronger...

I like your pan, FAB.

IMG_3386.jpg

I want to get one myself. It looks very endurable, like a mans' pan is supposed to be.rolleyes.gif

My breakfast this morning consisting of pre steamed broccoli,pumpkin and carrots (enough for 5 meals/days not over cooked) and then one serve as you see here is stir fried using one of those little bags of sweet chilli sauce that you usually get with deep fried chicken.When that is almost ready,I add diced Cha-Omlette which I had cooked before the stir fry just mixing it around a bit.

DSC06203.JPG

Archived