Food Photography

Dancealot

Looks great, what about the vegs?

I'm not British so the roast goes naked. biggrin.png

Can I ask you how did you roast it? I guess at a low temperature for a longer time...

Yes, around 160 degrees for nearly 1 1/2 hours. Very tender, fork cutting tender. Some say it should have some pink in the center or it may be too dry but this is pork and I don't take chances.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd often wondered about how these things work, seeing them in the stores, a friend was baking a cake in this... it turned out really well thumbsup.gif

Thanks, we haven't had a home made cake here, I believe..thumbsup.gif

Yeah,.. so,.. like,.. WHY is there a corkscrew attached to a bamboo stick with a plastic band, Jimmy?

I'd often wondered about how these things work, seeing them in the stores, a friend was baking a cake in this... it turned out really well thumbsup.gif

Yeah,.. so,.. like,.. WHY is there a corkscrew attached to a bamboo stick with a plastic band, Jimmy?

That's the alcohol limiter or sometimes called as 'husband'.

Opening an wine bottle becomes more tricky when it's setup in this way. These devices can be done either with rubber bands (standard models) or with plastic bands (advanced models).The more rubber bands there are, the more difficult the task is.

One rubber band will not allow to open 3 to four of bottles as 5 bands give will be strong enough to let the person to open only 2 bottles as the coordination decreases with the amount of alcohol on the blood.

These advanced models with plastic bands let the person to open only one bottle.

2013-06-29-898.jpg

I got one of these but haven't really used it.... I tried to make a stew in it but it never came to the boil....I think best for something not requiring too much heat.

I got one of these but haven't really used it.... I tried to make a stew in it but it never came to the boil....I think best for something not requiring too much heat.

Ummm .... would you not turn down the heat dial when it comes to a boil? tongue.png..... I am not sure, but next time I go over I'll get them to show me how it works....thumbsup.gif

As for the coffee grind sock, that's how I make my tea! The same way they make in Malaysia~ ! thumbsup.gif

Pink pork = safe! Its a myth you cant eat it pink

Hmm now I have to guess..

If you mean this in general, I agree. But I am not a fan.

If you mean this as a joke regarding Tywais' excellent Roast loin. laugh.png

I getting good at these now....

and mt stew is great too...

This is wonderful, Fab.

I understand the meat stew. Considering all the stews I have made i chose to stick with beef overtime. Some basic ingredients I cannot do without. Marrowbone, moo powder, garlic,Tiparos and more big bones with their fat to get the broth just right,... for my taste. I will add the beef at the right moment and then the basic broth will cook and simmer for3-4 hours minimum. This is just the starting process to make a good stew, for me. Tasting and timing is very important...

You have made me curious, now. If you care to share some of your rituals in making the beef stew here, I(and hopefully otherssmile.png ) will be all earsthumbsup.gif .

So whats under the big cheese layer in the oven? Doesn't look like a lasagna to me.....rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your tasty pictureswink.png .

Since we are talking about home made beef and lion, it made me think of one of my favourite Thai market snacks.

This is the largest pile I ever saw and admired.

post-70928-0-55827300-1372704733_thumb.j post-70928-0-62809200-1372704843_thumb.j

Dried beef and fat, fried with the perfect timing and seasoning(soy sause and fish sauce) by an expert, over and over again. Just to get the consistency for each individual piece just right.

I appreciate this work.

I getting good at these now....

and mt stew is great too...

This is wonderful, Fab.

I understand the meat stew. Considering all the stews I have made i chose to stick with beef overtime. Some basic ingredients I cannot do without. Marrowbone, moo powder, garlic,Tiparos and more big bones with their fat to get the broth just right,... for my taste. I will add the beef at the right moment and then the basic broth will cook and simmer for3-4 hours minimum. This is just the starting process to make a good stew, for me. Tasting and timing is very important...

You have made me curious, now. If you care to share some of your rituals in making the beef stew here, I(and hopefully otherssmile.png ) will be all earsthumbsup.gif .

So whats under the big cheese layer in the oven? Doesn't look like a lasagna to me.....rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your tasty pictureswink.png .

The stew is just potatoes, tomatoes, onions, carrots, and pieces of stir fried pork..... with knorr stock cubes, oregano, Marmite, HP sauce, salt, pepper, MSG,sugar, ....and uncle tom cobbly and all....anything to hand....tinned peas and/or baked beans.....sometimes add Lobo Chilli powder...some bits of walnut is nice...etc...etc.. boil for several hours... and like most of these things they taste better when re-heated the next day..... but careful in the hot weather...it will go off easily unless kept in the fridge.

The cottage pie (cannot do shepherds pie here...no lamb) is mashed potatoe left over from yesterday and kept in the fridge. Stir-fried minced pork with salt and pepper and sugar and HP sauce or Golden Mountain sauce.....Lea & Perrins sauce...when cooked put in bottom of dish..with gravy....add mash potatoe on top....sprinkle grated cheese liberally..... in oven for half hour or less....( all ingredients are already cooked....just re-heating them.)

Recommendation and original pic from a fellow poster who shared this previously. I have to try this..

MIX Restaurant, Chiang Mai........

Shrimp wrapped in salmon served in a spicy lemon sauce.

post-70928-0-16792200-1372719163_thumb.j

I think the mint is a good addition to contribute and enhance the overall flavour.

[edit] It's all RAW, by the way...

That's the alcohol limiter or sometimes called as 'husband'.

Opening an wine bottle becomes more tricky when it's setup in this way. These devices can be done either with rubber bands (standard models) or with plastic bands (advanced models).The more rubber bands there are, the more difficult the task is.

One rubber band will not allow to open 3 to four of bottles as 5 bands give will be strong enough to let the person to open only 2 bottles as the coordination decreases with the amount of alcohol on the blood.

These advanced models with plastic bands let the person to open only one bottle.

Well one reason is she is 7 months pregnant, so no alcohol for him or her tongue.png ..... He had to give up smoking too! whistling.gif

I don't see this elastic band you guys are on about blink.pngbiggrin.png

Thanks, FAB.

/quote they taste better when re-heated the next day /end

Of coursesmile.png , but Marmite?w00t.gif Must be an Irish thingwhistling.gif

[edit] FB no havesad.png

Marmite added to stews or gravy is yummy....thumbsup.gifbut it is not Irish....tongue.png

We have just had a discussion about Marmite on the Samui forum, it's been hard to get at several shops here lately .... w00t.gif Some have suggested Vegetmite bah.gif as a substitute not same same! .... even though those from the land of Oz will not agree!!!! laugh.pngtongue.png

My homemade Pineapple,Papaya and Cantaloupe Jam,Absolutelt delicious.

attachicon.gifJam No2.jpg

Hey Ron, .....you gave the recipe in the Farm Photos .... but not here tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Perhaps we need to start Recipes with Photos thread ? whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

I thought about posting that but wasn't sure about it being off topic.

Today i enjoyed a big bowl of 'prostitute curry'

Geng garee kai or as it is often called geng sopheni.

I presume the word garee is from the English word curry.

Chicken, curry powder, coconut milk, prik geng (red curry paste) potatoes.

Sorry i cannot do an intestinal photo for you...too late...

Today i enjoyed a big bowl of 'prostitute curry'

Geng garee kai or as it is often called geng sopheni.

I presume the word garee is from the English word curry.

Chicken, curry powder, coconut milk, prik geng (red curry paste) potatoes.

Sorry i cannot do an intestinal photo for you...too late...

Glad you explained the "Prik geng"....FF, with a "prostitute curry", that needed to be explained!!! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Archived