40,000/ Month Proof

If I have to prove 40,000/month income, how long do I need to have had it for? Also does the money need to be paid into a Thai bank account? How do they make checks. I need to prove income but cannot do it from Thailand only the UK, so I need to know if I need to manipulate the info in any way.

Cheers

Income from abroad is proven with a letter from your embassy, confirming your income. Your embassy decides what they accept as proof to issue such letter. You simply show the letter to immigration.

The money doesn't need to be paid into a bankaccount in Thailand, but having an accoount in Thailand with some money in it will be useful.

Making false statements is a crime and can only lead to problems.

When you go to immigration with the letter from your embassy, they might also require "proof" in addition to the letter. So you should take whatever you use to pove your income to the UK Embassy, as they require proof, and a bank accoiunt in Thailand showing income in and out for your living expenses will also be good. It totally depends on the requirements of the immigration office that you have to use. some are tougher than others, bordering on the ridiculous.

Edited by wayned

When you go to immigration with the letter from your embassy, they might also require "proof" in addition to the letter. So you should take whatever you use to pove your income to the UK Embassy, as they require proof, and a bank accoiunt in Thailand showing income in and out for your living expenses will also be good. It totally depends on the requirements of the immigration office that you have to use. some are tougher than others, bordering on the ridiculous.

I am trying to email the embassy, but cannot find an address

Do you know if I would need a letter off my employer as well as proof of income going into my bank account?

bordering on the ridiculous= tea money

bordering on the ridiculous= tea money

Extensions of stay are decided upon by a commitee. An officer sending the paperwork to the commitee will hear it back if the paperwork is not in order. This leads to extra scrutining that everything is in order a they don't want to make a mistake.