Cabinet Approves Bt157M For Police To Keep Price-Pledging Scheme Transparent

webfact

Cabinet approves budget for police to keep price-pledging scheme transparent

BANGKOK, 30 January 2013 (NNT)-The Cabinet has approved a budget of 157 million baht to be paid to police officials who are hired to watch for dodgy dealers taking part in the government’s rice pledging scheme.

newsjs

Of the total amount to be allocated from the government’s emergency fund, 126 million baht will be paid to police assigned to station at the points where rice farmers pawn their produce from the 2012/2013 production season, in order to keep the price pledging scheme transparent.

Another 31 million baht will be paid to police officers overseeing similar practice for cassava produce. Two police officers will be assigned to each pledging station in 60 provinces across Thailand to ensure fairness for rice and cassava farmers.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-01-30 footer_n.gif

The mind simply boggles......!

Why on Earth are the police being paid for this? Surely they would do the job for nothing, after all, they will be richly rewarded from the back-handers they will get for turning their usual blind eye to all the scams taking place. The whole rice-pledging fiasco must be God's gift to the corrupt, but anyone who thinks that the involvement of the Thai police in this mess will clean it up must be out of their mind, if anything, it will only make it worse.

Tomorrows headline story is ................

"Cabinet approves budget for red shirt officials to oversee Thai police who are being also being paid to keep price-pledging scheme transparent

BANGKOK, 30 January 2013 (NNT)-The Cabinet has approved a budget of 175 million baht to be paid to red shirt officials who are hired to watch for the police who were also paid 157 million to over see dodgy dealers taking part in the government’s rice pledging scheme.""

and the beat goes on

So the government admit there is corruption in the rice pledging scheme! Lol

Not only do they admit it, they are going to spend a truck load of money to expand it.

I can finally ask the question,( Some other Asian and African countries where always holding me back) what country in the world can be so creative to find a way to be more corrupt?

Why on Earth are the police being paid for this? Surely they would do the job for nothing, after all, they will be richly rewarded from the back-handers they will get for turning their usual blind eye to all the scams taking place. The whole rice-pledging fiasco must be God's gift to the corrupt, but anyone who thinks that the involvement of the Thai police in this mess will clean it up must be out of their mind, if anything, it will only make it worse.

It must be the biggest bribe ever for not look into the rice scheme.

Or better depending on your viewpoint (how close to the trough you are).

Well the 31 million to watch over the cassava scam is a little late as several million tons of cassava which were susposed to be in Government storage has gone missing.

I guess the 126 million for the rice scam is to ensure that any shortage of rice will not be noticed for donkey years.Maybe this will written off as travel expense, work a week on the Ag scams and then trave south and work a week as educators in the schools, back to home base and then a week to 2 off for R&R.

Well the 31 million to watch over the cassava scam is a little late as several million tons of cassava which were susposed to be in Government storage has gone missing.

I guess the 126 million for the rice scam is to ensure that any shortage of rice will not be noticed for donkey years.Maybe this will written off as travel expense, work a week on the Ag scams and then trave south and work a week as educators in the schools, back to home base and then a week to 2 off for R&R.

I read it 12 times, and it was more confusing each time. Slapout we all havent had that much yet.burp.gif Edited by dcutman

I'm trying to think how, exactly, would this grant transparency and prevent corruption in the Rice Sca.... Scheme.

Will the police officers operate the scales? inspect the cargo? certify the paperwork?

Fox, hen house.
  • Like 1

The Nation must have made a mistake with this story.....no-one...not even the Red Shirts..(well maybe the) would allocate such enormous funds to Chalerm and company to oversee the biggest scam of the times

Maybe it's time for a new Bentley.

When a cabinet/P.M. allows this to go ahead, AND Thai people don't take to the streets, then something IS sick in thai society. This Is normal to me,---Army to protect Thailand from invasion etc.----Police to give aid and assistance to Thai people And uphold the letter of the law. ----Last of all the said government to govern in a transparent manner, I do not see any of these 3 doing it's job description.

• Like 1

The Corrupt appointing through corrupt payments tp the the Corrupt to investigate the Corrupt Scheme returning untold billions to the Corrupt, the Corrupt report to the Corrupt that no corruption was found, citizens rejoice at another corrupt story about corruption in fact was corrupt as the Corrupt exhonerated the Corrupt from said corruption.

• Like 1

Seriously! If this move doesn't prove just how insane this whole scheme is nothing will. Not only is it destroying Thailand's rice industry but now they have to pay the police to ensure it is only Thai rice that bankrupts the country. Welcome to cloud cuckoo land economics 101. Crazy.

• Like 2

How much rampant fraud are they expected to find?

126mn?

I think the 157 million is to ensure they find none.

Hahahaha yes I was thinking the exact same thing. Have I been in Thailand too long ?? If the government wants to sort of put

the stamp of approval on the " transparency" of the rice scheme, I would have thought that the police would the VERY LAST group of

people to hire for the job. Perhaps the government is so disconnected they do not realize that most of the Thai people hate and

distrust the police.