Dog Survives Firecracker Explosion In Its Mouth: Nakhon Pathom

webfact

But where are the activists who were trying to have the German guy deported for stabbing that Golden Retriever in Pattaya? That demonstration was purely xenophobic, there are acts of cruelty going on like this in towns all over Thailand on a daily basis yet no demonstrations and very rarely any prosecutions!

• Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated'

Mahatma Ghandi.

Which is kind of rich when you see the amount of disease ridden, malnourished stray dogs in places like Mumbai.

I, too are sickened by the treatment this dog has received. it is cruelty in it's worst form.

I do not really know how to inquire about my next problem. My wife and I live in a nice little area, only 8 newish houses. Only 5 regularly occupied, the rest are investor properties. We are troubled by barking dogs. one of the 8 houses opposite our's has 5 dogs. Every time a person or another dog passes their property ,which has a large gate ,the dogs rush to the gate and all bark simultaneously. They cause the other two dogs to join in. The last few nights there is a band of soi dogs, maybe six or eight come around just after we have gone to bed. I am not sure if one of the 5 dogs is on use but all the soi dogs go barking madly and the others join in and then a fight is started between the soi dogs. Meanwhile one of the 5 dogs gets exited and beats up one of the other five digs. To cap this one of the houses opposite us ,the Thai lady has got a new boyfriend and he has brought along his three fighting cocks who wake me up at or before dawn. He keeps them in three type of baskets which upside down which are situated between their wall and the road, 25 metres from our house. We have approached the lady who has the 5 dogs with no avail. How do we combat this situation without moving house. I am not a cruel person towards animals but my patience is wearing thin as it has been going on three years now.

All suggestions will be will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You can speak with the Amphur who may remove annoying Soi dogs. However they first would need to visit your place and speak to your neighbours who need to agree the barking is a major annoyance i.e. cannot sleep. From my experience a total waste of time to speak with dog owners, Thai or farang. Otherwise unless you are prepared to take action that will be condemned by many you're really between a rock and a hard place. Where we live the Thais just poison annoying/aggressive dogs

'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated'

Mahatma Ghandi.

Which is kind of rich when you see the amount of disease ridden, malnourished stray dogs in places like Mumbai.

Perhaps he was just referring to cows? The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its cows are treated.

where's the Activist when you want them? have them parade around the houses where the kids live.

what Thailand needs is dog control to prevent things like this as well as the dog trade.

I think you are addressing the activists right here on this forum.

You have activists who have posted their creed. They think these kids should be given an injection of some sort, or they express a desire to inject a firecracker but not in their mouths, and who think these kids are sick, mentally crippled bastards who need a lot of mental help, but instead, they personally think it woud be better just to shoot them sick bastards. One of these fanatic activists wouldn't mind putting some fire crackers up their ass.

They are describing their desires to harm children of the human race, who were born into ignorance and poverty, and have no guidance, all on account of a dog.

Cruel, yes, but that is the collateral damage you pay for poor ignorant children being born into a ferel environment which compells the child organizations to plead their cause. It is as if you all are expecting poor ignorant children to be perfect and not harm things in their environment. They acted as typical little scavengers will act when they have no guidance.

This is the collateral damage which comes from poverty. These children are not perfect, and these things will happen. This was an opportunity to feel bad about the disgraceful state of child welfare or to sympathize for a poor creature but without placing its value above that of a human, rather than morally debased retribution against them.

Ghandi is not God. How nations treat their animals is not the issue in this case, but rather how nations do not treat their animals, and instead allow them to exist in an ungoverned state. Consequently, this is the collateral damage, but in no uncertain terms do you condemn children to the heinous deeds mentioned above.

It seems odd that it is acceptable to place the life of a mother over the life of an unborn baby, and abort the baby (as I also agree with), yet we humans contradict this ideology when we say it is acceptable to put the life of a dog over the life of a child and murder or abuse the child (as I emphatically disagree with).

What is your source that these were children of poverty?

• Like 1

Mahatma Ghandi.

Perhaps he was just referring to cows? The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its cows are treated.

England's buggered then because we love a bit of beef in any form! biggrin.png

Mahatma Ghandi.

England's buggered then because we love a bit of beef in any form! biggrin.png

England is buggered, perhaps he was right all along!

England is buggered, perhaps he was right all along!

Sh#t now there's a thought!

America - Beef loving country that's buggered.

Japan, home of Kobe and Wagyu beef - buggered.

Argentina - Beef loving country that's buggered.

Portugal - most carniverous country in Europe by beef consumed per person - Buggered.

I, too are sickened by the treatment this dog has received. it is cruelty in it's worst form.

I do not really know how to inquire about my next problem. My wife and I live in a nice little area, only 8 newish houses. Only 5 regularly occupied, the rest are investor properties. We are troubled by barking dogs. one of the 8 houses opposite our's has 5 dogs. Every time a person or another dog passes their property ,which has a large gate ,the dogs rush to the gate and all bark simultaneously. They cause the other two dogs to join in. The last few nights there is a band of soi dogs, maybe six or eight come around just after we have gone to bed. I am not sure if one of the 5 dogs is on use but all the soi dogs go barking madly and the others join in and then a fight is started between the soi dogs. Meanwhile one of the 5 dogs gets exited and beats up one of the other five digs. To cap this one of the houses opposite us ,the Thai lady has got a new boyfriend and he has brought along his three fighting cocks who wake me up at or before dawn. He keeps them in three type of baskets which upside down which are situated between their wall and the road, 25 metres from our house. We have approached the lady who has the 5 dogs with no avail. How do we combat this situation without moving house. I am not a cruel person towards animals but my patience is wearing thin as it has been going on three years now.

Buy some earplugs or move, if anything happens to the dogs whether it was you or not you will be looked at with suspicion as you have already let it be known that the dogs annoy you. You could maybe look for a device that emits a high pitch sound ( annoying to dogs and inaudible to humans) and activates by the noise of the dogs barking.

• Like 2

I wish you the best Sir, you are basically stuck with that situation. The dog problem is country wide and it was taken care of before until the animal rights people got involved in it. The issue with the chickens , you are just out of luck. The boyfriend loves those chickens more than his girlfriend and doesn't care one iota about the noise and filth they bring to the neighborhood.

where's the Activist when you want them? have them parade around the houses where the kids live.

what Thailand needs is dog control to prevent things like this as well as the dog trade.

I think you are addressing the activists right here on this forum.

You have activists who have posted their creed. They think these kids should be given an injection of some sort, or they express a desire to inject a firecracker but not in their mouths, and who think these kids are sick, mentally crippled bastards who need a lot of mental help, but instead, they personally think it woud be better just to shoot them sick bastards. One of these fanatic activists wouldn't mind putting some fire crackers up their ass.

They are describing their desires to harm children of the human race, who were born into ignorance and poverty, and have no guidance, all on account of a dog.

Cruel, yes, but that is the collateral damage you pay for poor ignorant children being born into a ferel environment which compells the child organizations to plead their cause. It is as if you all are expecting poor ignorant children to be perfect and not harm things in their environment. They acted as typical little scavengers will act when they have no guidance.

This is the collateral damage which comes from poverty. These children are not perfect, and these things will happen. This was an opportunity to feel bad about the disgraceful state of child welfare or to sympathize for a poor creature but without placing its value above that of a human, rather than morally debased retribution against them.

Ghandi is not God. How nations treat their animals is not the issue in this case, but rather how nations do not treat their animals, and instead allow them to exist in an ungoverned state. Consequently, this is the collateral damage, but in no uncertain terms do you condemn children to the heinous deeds mentioned above.

It seems odd that it is acceptable to place the life of a mother over the life of an unborn baby, and abort the baby (as I also agree with), yet we humans contradict this ideology when we say it is acceptable to put the life of a dog over the life of a child and murder or abuse the child (as I emphatically disagree with).

What is your source that these were children of poverty?

They may not be children of poverty, but they are definitely children without teaching, to which cup-O-coffee is still quite correct.

The person caring for the dog is now asking for donations. Maybe I'm just a prick, but why do I immediately sense something else here? Opportunity perhaps?

And even if it is genuine, it's a pretty hopeless case. The best thing to do would be to put the dog out of its misery. In fact, that's what they should do with all the stray dogs in this country. I wish we can euthanise idiots like these teen <deleted> as well, but that would eliminate pretty much the large voting population the government has sowed (for the very purpose of voting) in the first place.

Imagine those funds going to better causes. How about the animals suffering at JJ weekend markets? Who's donating to stopping the atrocities regularly committed there?

Such savagery! Once again, an indication that there are some mental cripples who have no understanding of the relationship between their actions and the consequences of those actions.

Sad, very sad, for the dog and the vermin perps.

The thing is they know the consequences but don't give a shit.

Find the kids that did this.

Shove a lit "firecracker" down

mouths.

See how they feel.

The parents of these kids

should be put in prison or

the same should be done to

them....Bastards all of em.

Hope the pooch lives long &

finds a caring home.

while does not apply to the entire population of Thailand, but a sad indication of the upcoming generation.

• Like 1

In a few years time those same kids will have their heads shaved and off for a few days in the wat. What kind of bhuddists are these people?

The Thai cultural attitude towards animals is a whole lot different than Western countries, although, we have our problems also.

Hopefully, "if" they go to have their heads shaved and put on yellow robes, they will get instruction in what "Panadapada" means.

The first precept... Panadapada.. means; not harming or killing any living creature.. animals included..

Causing an animal to be put down because of an injury you did to it, is the same thing as killing it..

Why you did not post only your first sentence, or better nothing at all and open a new THREAD with your question?

About half of that Thread is now full of answers and discussions to your "innocent" question which has to do with dogs,

but is still a lot "OFF TOPIC!"whistling.gif

Brought even the "Butcher Kananga"tongue.png to the Thread and his followers to!

They seem to search same vultures to feast on any dog Thread when the opportunity arises. bah.gif

Regarding better -PUTTING DOWN THAT DOG- if he has no pain and can eat, soft food and somebody takes care him provides that food,

why putting him to sleep?

I had a FRENCH BULLDOG here in Thailand until recently, who got a spine or hip problem when older

and could not walk at all, paralyzed hind legs

But he still managed very well to move around on him front legs

and my floor around the house was just right in his composition to let him do that well, without hurting himself (skin and fur).

I bought also a small two wheeled device, which I strapped on him daily and he liked to run and walk with that to.

He lived more than 2 years with that handicap until he died from old age.

Other "dog lovers?" who posted here would have cut his life short with an injection!

That must not always be the way out of a situation which can be dealt with otherwise to!

i no longer believe in putting any animal down. I have done it once and regret it and am afraid will regret it till the end of my life.

I believe animals when in pain or suffering, will die on their own accord and all we can do as loving owners is to help them to be as pain free as possible.

Call me crazy or whatever you like, but i am a believer that even the ugliest and most annoying dog has heart and feelings, even more than some humans.

I may not like all animals, for example i hate snakes, but i still would not go out of my way to kill or torture one.

I'm like you... I don't like snakes... when I was younger I would go out of my way to kill any snake I came across.. Now I just walk around them or find another path. They also have their place in the animal kingdom..

In a few years time those same kids will have their heads shaved and off for a few days in the wat. What kind of bhuddists are these people?

What kind of ADULT humans will they be is rather the question...? Sounds like they will be some kind of politicians or Tycoons to me /./// And these kids got a punishment right...?? or just a slap on the hand and a "Don't you ever do this again" ..? But from what one of the media posts says:

“I beg you,” a Pantip forum headline read, “please tell your kids not to put firecrackers in dogs’ mouth anymore”... so does this mean that this a normal practice day in / day out...??? Wow! But as usual just burried until the next time .. like the dog trade... Ouf It is so hard to have faith in humans .. ! Has nothing to do with being Bhuddist .. This kind of insanities happen all over the world to children , to animals , to humans towards each other ... what is wrong with HUMANS ???

Mahatma Ghandi.

Very True but unfortunately doesn't leave us with many countries on this planet with great morals crying.gif

• Like 1

Buy some earplugs or move, if anything happens to the dogs whether it was you or not you will be looked at with suspicion as you have already let it be known that the dogs annoy you. You could maybe look for a device that emits a high pitch sound ( annoying to dogs and inaudible to humans) and activates by the noise of the dogs barking.

PM me I can help here .. :-)