True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Wife phoned CTH and got put on the list/queue. It seems all the prices advertised are net. Have to add tax and 1800 deposit for each box. 100 per month per box also charged, so my one year deal with dish and one box arriving at a total of @ 11,000 baht. Still an absolute bargain. Will post when it is all installed with exact costs.Thanks to everyone on this thread for the info. The footy and some UK TV very important for me out in the sticks. Truevisions eat your heart out!

For this price have you taken the subscription for one year or 3 years

I said:

so my one year deal with dish.

Wife is awake now, she confirms:

1 year offer package 9619.30

Deposit 1800

Setting installation 534.77

Total baht 11954

Still a bargain compared to the robbing bast666s at True

I know you are very excited, but give it a rest with the true bashing, it's a bit boring now.

They still brought us 380 PL games a year and virtually every other sport under the sun (except cricket) you will see from this thread that some are still in 2 minds what to do as they don't want to lose all thesports that true have. I'm from the UK and SKY is far more expnsive than true, but I don't hear nobdy over there crying about being 'robbed'

I agree. I'm sticking with True for the moment. Just watched the NBA finals, enjoying the baseball (more so if it wasn't always NYY), loved the US Open and looking forward to The Open and Wimbledon. CNN, while tedious, is about the best of the international news programmes, and I can usually find entertainment on the 3 BBC channels and the various American ones.

Obviously the Premier League will be the deciding factor and I'm still holding out that some games may be available on True, although I appreciate that it's looking very unlikely. If my condo can offer CTH (they're looking into it) I may well have to change, but so far I'm not over-excited about the other channels on CTH (Sky News excepted).

Edited by brewsterbudgen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soon2beexpat. Where is the CTH agents shop on Pattaya Thai? Thanks.

Coming from Sukukumvit, it is on the left hand side next to the Animal Hospital just past a shop that sells big teddy bears. There is the boat shop on the right hand side CTH shop is about 200 yards further on.

Hopefully this screen shot will work taken from google maps.

ScreenShot2013-06-22at094705_zps1feb4c93

Not rising to the True de bait. If a competitor can sell for 50% less its good enough for me..... I suspect the other 'sports' offering will be just as good, more HD and better customer service........ But if you prefer orange colour for double cost then it's up to you.

• Like 1

Not rising to the True de bait. If a competitor can sell for 50% less its good enough for me..... I suspect the other 'sports' offering will be just as good, more HD and better customer service........ But if you prefer orange colour for double cost then it's up to you.

Mmm, not sure about the customer service. On that point who would it be that you call anyway, CTH direct or your local cable company? If it's CTH I have read on here that when calling them nobody there speaks English.

Mmm, not sure about the customer service. On that point who would it be that you call anyway, CTH direct or your local cable company? If it's CTH I have read on here that when calling them nobody there speaks English.

That is fair comment, I suspect / hope they will rectify this once they find out just how many footy mad expats there are. The customer service I was commenting on was from the missus. She dealt direct with CTH though no way to know yet how things will pan out. As for the other company..... In 8 years I only have bd things to say!

Thanks soon2bexpat.

No Worries, you'll be able to see the Mighty Hammers lead by Carroll and Nolan bang a few past the Geordies in HD for the 2nd game of the season.......

soon2bedisappointed

I'm not worried about WHUFC having a second season syndrome but I am concerned about CTH having a first season syndromelaugh.png

Thanks soon2bexpat.

No Worries, you'll be able to see the Mighty Hammers lead by Carroll and Nolan bang a few past the Geordies in HD for the 2nd game of the season.......

soon2bedisappointed

I'm not worried about WHUFC having a second season syndrome but I am concerned about CTH having a first season syndrome:lol:

Big Sam is a legend. Afraid absolutely nothing else comes to mind whilst contemplating any hammers success past or present.

I must admit I have never had problems with True and will stick with them for the house. Their range of channels looks quite a bit superior to CTH.

However, I'm thinking about having a CTH dish for my sala. It would be nice sitting outdoors with a beer watching the mighty Blues regain the title wink.png

Anyone know if there'a a CTH office in Phuket?

Edited by Colonel_Mustard

I must admit I have never had problems with True and will stick with them for the house. Their range of channels looks quite a bit superior to CTH.

However, I'm thinking about having a CTH dish for my sala. It would be nice sitting outdoors with a beer watching the mighty Blues regain the title wink.png

Anyone know if there'a a CTH office in Phuket?

Wife won't let you watch the football? biggrin.png

You've got a sala too.....aren't they great?

Not so much footie related, well not at all actually. I've just moved to a new home and we get cable tv included in the rent and the movie channel is superb. I've no idea what it is, but it has no ads or links, just movie after movie. Very few repeats at the moment (only been here 1 month) and a good variety. It beats what True had hands down.

Films over the last few weeks are newish like The Dark Knight Rises, Django Unchained, the Dictator, Seven Psycopaths, and classics like Alien, Alice in Wonderland (Disney) plus non blockbusters such as Cypher and Robot and Frank.

Not so much footie related, well not at all actually. I've just moved to a new home and we get cable tv included in the rent and the movie channel is superb. I've no idea what it is, but it has no ads or links, just movie after movie. Very few repeats at the moment (only been here 1 month) and a good variety. It beats what True had hands down.

Films over the last few weeks are newish like The Dark Knight Rises, Django Unchained, the Dictator, Seven Psycopaths, and classics like Alien, Alice in Wonderland (Disney) plus non blockbusters such as Cypher and Robot and Frank.

We're all very pleased for you mjj, i take it you enjoyed Alice in Wonderland ?

Alice in Wonderland was great, the Mad Hater, CheshireCat, brillliant characters.

The point I was making is that True are not the best at movies and no doubt other channels.

Alice in Wonderland was great, the Mad Hater, CheshireCat, brillliant characters.

The point I was making is that True are not the best at movies and no doubt other channels.

I don't find True to be as bad as many make out and a comparison of CTH and True for anything other than football, comes out heavily in True's favour, all of course IMHO.

So you're happy to pay 1500bht p/m for movies???

I know you did not asked me and it is OT but for this I pay ~1700b. I know, should be less because no EPL anymore.

Football: Thailand all, Italy all, Spain (now all via RS Sun channel), Dutch, Scotland, Russia, South Africa,Portugal, UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, Asian Champions League and Cup, AFC Cup, WC AFC qual all, WC South America qual most, WC UEFA qual many.

F1, MotoGP, SuperBike, Nascar, V8 supercar, WRC, Enduro, Motocross, X Games

Snooker all big events, Golf all majors, PGA, European and Asian Tour, Tennis all Major, many more ATP and WTA, Volleyball World League + many more, Badminton Tour, Rugby, Swimming WC

NBA,NHL, NFL, MLB, Asian Basket League

All biggest boxing nights, All UFC nights, Cage Fighting

Olympics had great coverage, don't remember how many channels?

Did I miss something? Seen Darts and Bowling, don't remember if were live.

Oh and ofcourse there is Duck Dynasty smile.png

Edit. Price should be ~2000b, all here is on Platinum package.We have free upgrade this month so I mess with that, sorry

Edited by hullupullo

Seems like a lot of posters on this thread only watch(ed) True for its English football content. Then they have the temerity to come on bitching about its value and mocking others who stay with True (when most of those others do so because they like its other content). Lighten up guys.

Pullo is spot on. Putting aside the PL, True's channel content is superior to what CTH have to offer, simple as that. Apart from Cricket they practically cover every sport under the sun. The only postive for me from going over to CTH (apart from the football) is SKY news, which will be great to have.

Will defo miss some of True's stuff, which is a shame, but I have to go where the football is..

Seems like a lot of posters on this thread only watch(ed) True for its English football content.

The clue is in the title of the topic Santi.

It isn't called "True Movie Coverage"

I think only 'subscribed' to true would have been nearer the truth....I doubt there is anyone who literally just watched/watch the football.

Seems like a lot of posters on this thread only watch(ed) True for its English football content.

I think only 'subscribed' to true would have been nearer the truth....I doubt there is anyone who literally just watched/watch the football.

Of course. But my point was, a topic called True EPL Coverage, in the Football Forum is going to get more responses from people interested in the football side of their coverage.

Personally, the Premier League is number one priority for me to subscribe to any provider. The other channels are a bonus (or not)

• Like 1

Of course. But my point was, a topic called True EPL Coverage, in the Football Forum is going to get more responses from people interested in the football side of their coverage.

Personally, the Premier League is number one priority for me to subscribe to any provider. The other channels are a bonus (or not)

Yea I agree Jangles. What is your take on having SKY news?

We get SKY news here in Saudi. It's ok but very repetitive and not something I would worry about losing should I have to choose another provider to get the Football

Sure, but it's damned site better than BBC world and CNN...plus the sports round ups are good.

We get SKY news here in Saudi. It's ok but very repetitive and not something I would worry about losing should I have to choose another provider to get the Football

Sure, but it's damned site better than BBC world and CNN...plus the sports round ups are good.

Yeah the Sports round up is pretty good.

I have been watching this thread for a while hoping to find out how i can watch the footy in the sticks 66km outside Surin next season.

Happy that CTH decided to offer sat coverage and taking in all the advice and views offered I took the plunge and decided to make contact with them.

The wife called the number listed on the website as our local provider to be met with a firm no we don't cover your area. We are only 16km from the town this supplier was listed as being in but he assured my wife he was in fact nowhere near us and based in another town completely.sad.png

Ok lets contact the call centre, 3 days without any answer has made me decide to leave it another few weeks. Maybe they are just toooo busy with all these football mad falangs registering.

I think the next step maybe to try the Surin number and hope they will come out my way. (Sangkha)

I have cancelled True and agree with many others no matter what other sports they offer the premiership is the most important for me and will go with whoever has the rights. If I can get in touch with them before kick off.

My other alternative would seem to be online streaming but it is a bit of a pain finding the right site that is easy to use and isn't full of ads.

I have been watching this thread for a while hoping to find out how i can watch the footy in the sticks 66km outside Surin next season.

Happy that CTH decided to offer sat coverage and taking in all the advice and views offered I took the plunge and decided to make contact with them.

The wife called the number listed on the website as our local provider to be met with a firm no we don't cover your area. We are only 16km from the town this supplier was listed as being in but he assured my wife he was in fact nowhere near us and based in another town completely.sad.png

Ok lets contact the call centre, 3 days without any answer has made me decide to leave it another few weeks. Maybe they are just toooo busy with all these football mad falangs registering.

I think the next step maybe to try the Surin number and hope they will come out my way. (Sangkha)

I have cancelled True and agree with many others no matter what other sports they offer the premiership is the most important for me and will go with whoever has the rights. If I can get in touch with them before kick off.

My other alternative would seem to be online streaming but it is a bit of a pain finding the right site that is easy to use and isn't full of ads.

Alright freddy, best of luck with that, and probably wise to let the dust settle for a bit and try again.

How do you find living in the sticks? I might end up there myself at some point if it comes down to that or the UK biggrin.png