True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Thanks for the info hotandhumid

Do you have to use a CTH dish (if so how much) or can you supply your own dish

Thanks

Right, I went to the CTH shop in Pattaya Tai today, the latest is as follows..

He said the boxes will be ready on the 10th July, I told him where I live (Dark Side) and he said everything over there will be satellite only.

You have to pay Bt3,500 which includes a Bt1,800 deposit for the box, which you get refunded when you eventually return the box, so basically you lose Bt1,700 and there is also an installation fee of Bt300

If you want an extra box (like me) it is an additional Bt1,800 plus Bt200 per month.

As said previously the monthly fee is Bt899 per month + vat so for 2 boxes will be Bt1,099 plus vat.

I am going to go for the deal of pay for 10 months to get 2 months free, so the total for my package will be around Bt17,500 with Bt3,600 to come back at some point in the future (or maybe not laugh.png )

They also have a demo there now on their tv, not all the channels are on there, but they did have the SKY news channel.

I registered and paid a deposit of Bt1,000 so fingers crossed I will be all set up just after the 10th and then it's adios True Visions.

H&H

The dish is included in the price of bt3,500

No idea if you can use another dish, why, are you thinking about using your dustbin lid?

I am watching some FTA CTH channels on the Vinasat satellite @ 132 E

on a old 75cm KU band dish that i have had for years.

If people want to buy new dishes for 1,700 Baht when there"s no need that"s up to them

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

He said the boxes will be ready on the 10th July, I told him where I live (Dark Side) and he said everything over there will be satellite only.

You have to pay Bt3,500 which includes a Bt1,800 deposit for the box, which you get refunded when you eventually return the box, so basically you lose Bt1,700 and there is also an installation fee of Bt300

If you want an extra box (like me) it is an additional Bt1,800 plus Bt200 per month.

As said previously the monthly fee is Bt899 per month + vat so for 2 boxes will be Bt1,099 plus vat.

I am going to go for the deal of pay for 10 months to get 2 months free, so the total for my package will be around Bt17,500 with Bt3,600 to come back at some point in the future (or maybe not laugh.png )

They also have a demo there now on their tv, not all the channels are on there, but they did have the SKY news channel.

I registered and paid a deposit of Bt1,000 so fingers crossed I will be all set up just after the 10th and then it's adios True Visions.

H&H

The dish is included in the price of bt3,500

No idea if you can use another dish, why, are you thinking about using your dustbin lid?

I am watching some FTA CTH channels on the Vinasat satellite @ 132 E

on a old 75cm KU band dish that i have had for years.

If people want to buy new dishes for 1,700 Baht when there"s no need that"s up to them

Yea righto, good luck with that.

H&H

Ripped again lol tongue.png

H&H, you should check the CTH website and google translate it, I don't think the prices you're being quoted are correct. 1800bht for box deposit is right. 500bht for installation, free if you pay for 18mths or 2 years in advance. I'm pretty sure it's just 200bht p/m extra for a 2nd box. You shouldnt be losing 1700bht.

Edited by bangkok blue

H&H, you should check the CTH website and google translate it, I don't think the prices you're being quoted are correct. 1800bht for box deposit is right. 500bht for installation, free if you pay for 18mths or 2 years in advance. I'm pretty sure it's just 200bht p/m extra for a 2nd box. You shouldnt be losing 1700bht.

Perhaps the 1,700 baht pays for the dish !

I emailed CTH to find out who and where was their local installer of dishes, for the sleepy backwater in Kamphaeng Phet where I live. I had no reply so it was on the missus to phone them at the call centre. They said that they've had so many people subscribing,there is a waiting list and would call back!! When we gave the woman our address,we had to repeat it a couple of times before she got it right. My fear is that they haven't got an agent in my area through lack of demand.

Thanks

H&H

You can use your own dish (True size) and cable. You will need a new LNB and have the dish pointed to the right bit of sky.

LNB is 300 Baht - quoted today ( in Pattaya).

Looks like I'm on the way to being sorted. Found a technician who is coming Saturday afternoon to fit. Problem for some condo occupants in Chiangmai is that if your room room faces Doi Suthep, the dish needs to be pointing in the opposite direction. I've managed to talk my condo into letting me fit it on top of the roof. Others might not be quite so accommodating!

Well Alfies up and running, first impressions of general use are not great, no info button, couple of channels (Fox Crime, Bio) are in Thai, programme schedule doesn't seem to be working on many channels, one plus is that you can set all the favourites to be on all the time and also all the HD channels are in one group.

To be fair, i have only ever really watched the sport (mostly football) and news on satellite so it will do for me.

Footnote : The Premier league channels are not set up yet sad.png

Well Alfies up and running, first impressions of general use are not great, no info button, couple of channels (Fox Crime, Bio) are in Thai, programme schedule doesn't seem to be working on many channels, one plus is that you can set all the favourites to be on all the time and also all the HD channels are in one group.

To be fair, i have only ever really watched the sport (mostly football) and news on satellite so it will do for me.

Note: They aren't being broadcast yet.

They'll probably send someone out from PLTV to do it for them.

Fox Crime and Bio look quite good. But only in Thai???? Is Fox News in Thai too??!!!!

I'll be sticking with True for the time being - and praying for a last minute CTH/True deal!

Fox Crime and Bio look quite good. But only in Thai???? Is Fox News in Thai too??!!!!

I'll be sticking with True for the time being - and praying for a last minute CTH/True deal!

Yes, and sky news sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

Why would they not have the English language option available for programming (Fox Crime, Bio) that is in English originally? Can't say I'm impressed.

Why would they not have the English language option available for programming (Fox Crime, Bio) that is in English originally? Can't say I'm impressed.

I assume posters in question know they can change the audio channel; but even if that is the case, I can't see how Sky News LIVE can be in Thai. I don't know any Thai who can translate that quick!

• Like 1

For the last time CTH have the rights! True will NOT show EPL for the next 3 years! If anyone wants it they must subscribe to CTH.

Unless a last minute deal is done whereby CTH sell on some of the games to True. It could happen.

Especially if CTH can't get the coverage/customer base they need. And providing they get approval from the PL.

For the last time CTH have the rights! True will NOT show EPL for the next 3 years! If anyone wants it they must subscribe to CTH.

Unless a last minute deal is done whereby CTH sell on some of the games to True. It could happen.

Especially if CTH can't get the coverage/customer base they need. And providing they get approval from the PL.

I think the demand is there,what's not as usual here is the logistics and organisation on the part of the service provider,the same thing happened when True rolled out HD,simply not enough boxes,although in this instance it's not just boxes but the whole shebang.

I'm really wonder why CTH don't share EPL True? CTH Should share EPL To True And True Should Share Champion League Back to CTH This is the good way for them! But why they don't do?

Why would CTH want to share with True ? (if you were onto a good thing would you share it ? ) just to keep people like your yourself happy ?

I'm really wonder why CTH don't share EPL True? CTH Should share EPL To True And True Should Share Champion League Back to CTH This is the good way for them! But why they don't do?

Why would CTH want to share with True ? (if you were onto a good thing would you share it ? ) just to keep people like your yourself happy ?

I'll wait and see what happen on 17aug. Share or not we'll know together