True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great news BB lets hope that all goes ahead as planned. I wonder what the other new channels will be?

Thai channels I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thail

Thanks Blue.

Not so great after all then.

Not great at all but I expected it. I finally got my first correct bill yesterday. Amazing CTH

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you all get a full quota of 3pm kickoffs yesterday by the way?

I say that because Al Jazeera only had one game live (Arsenal) and kept scrolling the banner about "Only for broadcast in the Middle East".

They just said it was down to "reasons beyond our control". If it was a technical fault, I'd expect it to be the same in Thailand.

I'm wondering if Sky are getting fed up with them flogging cards to the UK and decided to put a bit of pressure on them.

Did you all get a full quota of 3pm kickoffs yesterday by the way?

I say that because Al Jazeera only had one game live (Arsenal) and kept scrolling the banner about "Only for broadcast in the Middle East".

They just said it was down to "reasons beyond our control". If it was a technical fault, I'd expect it to be the same in Thailand.

I'm wondering if Sky are getting fed up with them flogging cards to the UK and decided to put a bit of pressure on them.

I think you may well be right there. EPL fuming that bars and clubs in UK have been able to access al-jazeera signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well the cat's out of the bag but Richard Keys keeps deleting the tweets that mention it.

biggrin.png

DUBAI--A move by the English Premier League to fight piracy in the United Kingdom and protect the £3 billion in deals signed with BT Sports and BSkyB has left paying fans in the Middle East with only half the live soccer games previously available.

The English soccer body has asked a number of channels worldwide to broadcast one match on a Saturday at 3pm in the U.K., when the majority of games in the Premier League are played, after individuals in the U.K. were found accessing channels.

But one match is still better than none, so I can see them blocking the 3pm games completely if AJ don't do anything about it.

You can bet your arse the Emirates loved breaking this story!

cheesy.gif

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/al-jazeera-sees-premier-league-live-coverage-curbed-528015.html

I had only 38 channels before.....no Fox Sports etc.....Now after the update I have less... 36. Definitely no Stadium 7.

Something wrong there Ned, have you done the OTA upgrade? This might be stopping you from receiving channel upgrade. CTH sent me a Facebook message at lunch asking if I could receive stadium 7.

• Like 1

Yes I've done the upgrade. The upgrade is now greyed out and I can't do it again. Done a channel search too but it doesn't help.

Won't let me do the OTA upgrade, just ses "looking for tuning parameters failed, aborting downgrade".

My box did exactly the same. Try again on stadium 1 (channel 131) then it should upgrade. It did for me.

Yes I've done the upgrade. The upgrade is now greyed out and I can't do it again. Done a channel search too but it doesn't help.

Won't let me do the OTA upgrade, just ses "looking for tuning parameters failed, aborting downgrade".

Same here even on Stadium 1

Same here even on Stadium 1

Ditto ups.

I can't do the OTA upgrade, either. I get the "looking for tuning parameters failed, aborting downgrade" message. I tried last week, and then phoned 1619. They phoned back a couple of times asking for various info from different screens, but nothing since, and it still doesn't upgrade.

I checked my channels today, I still have the 40 or so channels I had yesterday.

How to you do an Auto or Manual search ? I selected Auto Search and it showed the satellite name with an option to Rename the Satellite, but no indication of what button to press to start the search.