True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't CTH re run the latest Barclays Asia Cup seeing as they have nothing else to broadcast I thought I might catch it later seems like I was wrong,do they only have the rights to show live broadcasts is it going to be the same when the league starts will there be no highlights or re runs ?

Also I see they changed the channel names to stadium 1-6 from BPL 1-6

Why don't CTH re run the latest Barclays Asia Cup seeing as they have nothing else to broadcast I thought I might catch it later seems like I was wrong,do they only have the rights to show live broadcasts is it going to be the same when the league starts will there be no highlights or re runs ?

Do we know if the half time talk with be the Thai's like True, or UK pundits?

My guess is Thai unless anyone has heard otherwise.

True was English pundits ups facepalm.gifthat was on the HD channel by the way.

Edited by alfieconn

True was English pundits ups facepalm.gif

Geez alfie, I went through the season listening to the three stooges half time talk laugh.png

I wasn't referring to John Dykes et al on Friday and Monday, just the half time talk

True was English pundits ups facepalm.gif

Geez alfie, I went through the season listening to the three stooges half time talk laugh.png

I wasn't referring to John Dykes et al on Friday and Monday, just the half time talk

Yes on HD, pre game and half time talk with Johnny boy and guests ! sorry and goals from all the games plus Jennifer Lopez parading in all her glory whistling.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Yes on HD, pre game and half time talk with Johnny boy and guests ! sorry and goals from all the games plus Jennifer Lopez parading in all her glory whistling.gif

Didn't sign up for HD....but I do regret not seeing Jenny Lopez.sad.png

Make of this what you will. Copied from another Thai forum and the guy is adamant it is official and True V shops are already advertising it!!!!

"While not perfect, for those wanting to keep True for other reasons, there are three channels of EPL starting now and in August. For MANU fans, all Manchester United games will be live on the Man U network that is now live in Thailand - channel 119. Then, for the top weekly games, those will be broadcast live on Fox Sports and Fox Sports HD - with no blackout restrictions. So, unless you are a support of one of the lower tier teams, which I know many of us are, you will find most games on True - just not all"

True was English pundits ups facepalm.gifthat was on the HD channel by the way.

It will be interesting to see if PLTV still have John Dykes et al hosting in a studio; that's what I saw both on True and on Abu Dhabi Sports, who had it here in the sandpit.

Interestingly, Al Jazeera, who seem to be buying up every bit of sport they can get their oil-and-gas-stained hands on, have hired Keys and Gray to anchor their own broadcasts, must be costing a pretty penny. Keys tweeted a picture of the studio and it's bloody huge.

Edited by Chicog

Make of this what you will. Copied from another Thai forum and the guy is adamant it is official and True V shops are already advertising it!!!!

"While not perfect, for those wanting to keep True for other reasons, there are three channels of EPL starting now and in August. For MANU fans, all Manchester United games will be live on the Man U network that is now live in Thailand - channel 119. Then, for the top weekly games, those will be broadcast live on Fox Sports and Fox Sports HD - with no blackout restrictions. So, unless you are a support of one of the lower tier teams, which I know many of us are, you will find most games on True - just not all"

I can't see it happening here even though United have just taken on True as a low tier sponsor,though you never know as they don't even show the games in England live if i recollect.

As for the fox sports i also cannot see it if CTH have paid for the rights in Thailand.

The United channel is on the 490 bt a month and you would have to take your chances with the Fox info to watch the other games also.

True still have Champions League so that is there biggy but don't Thai 3 and 7 show one game a week also of the Champions League still.

Plus i can only put up with so much of Paddy Crerand mumbling on it was bad enough listening to him in the Amblehurst in Sale after the match.

• Like 1

As someone who is currently unable to get CTH, it would be nice if it was True (pun intended) - but I can't see it happening.

Yet funnily enough if you look at Fox Sports on the True website, it says it will be showing live Premiership games....

If you watch a two year old game, it still has the 'live' part in the corner. Maybe this is how they plan to do it?

The CTH website says 599 baht from today - 31 August:

http://www.cth.co.th/package-599/

Does that mean if you sign up now you'll be paying 599 thereafter or does everyone have to pay 899 baht after 31 August?

CTH Package is 599. EPL Package is a 300 baht add on, I think. unsure.png

Which makes receiving EPL half the cost of True in the previous years (you had to have Gold or Platinum).

Edited by uptheos

The full package including BPL works out at 599 Baht a month if you pay 3 years in advance.

Pay for 2 years and get one year free.

Pay for 18 months and you get 6 months free = 673 Baht a month

Pay for 10 months and you get 2 months free = 748 Baht a month

• Like 1

Costs as posted above are correct.

Additional costs, however, for entertainment venues e.g. 51" screen = 3,500 Baht per month per (TV or set-top box but no one is confirming which). Been trying to get definitive answers from CTH but no success yet - just bits of verbal info and there is nothing on their website about this. Projection screen = 5,000 month.