True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

I am getting CTH installed July 27,this is from the shop on Hang Dong road down from Big C,Reason for the delay it,he has boxes/dishes, is that he says they are still having minor problems with the signal.He just wants to install and not have to go back for complaints.His words not mine.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had my CTH installed this morning and all is working!

The call centre has given me the impression all matches will be shown just as true did can any one confirm this is the case or will it only be the 6 allocated channels only?

The call centre has given me the impression all matches will be shown just as true did can any one confirm this is the case or will it only be the 6 allocated channels only?

Have you got cable or satellite?,how is the HD picture?

PST

I think True only had about 6 channels showing Premier League and apart from the end of the season theres no time when more than 6 games are being played at any one time ! if there was a time that there are more than 6 games being shown at one time you would like to think that as they have said that they are going to show all 380 games that they will make other channels available for Premier League !

Edited by alfieconn

I think True only had about 6 channels showing Premier League and apart from the end of the season theres no time when more than 6 games are being played at any one time ! if there was a time that there are more than 6 games being shown at one time you would like to think that as they have said that they are going to show all 380 games that they will make other channels available for Premier League !

Don't know what i was thinking with that post as most Saturday afternoons have at least 7 games, got a few things on my mind at the moment sad.png

Guess CTH's footy coverage will be put to the test this coming week as just had it confirmed that they will show the premier league Asia trophy this coming week.

It's great that you getting this news bb and passing it on but shouldn't CTH have a way of informing everyone of future programmes ?

Where do you get this info from if you don't mind me asking ?

Don't know what i was thinking with that post as most Saturday afternoons have at least 7 games, got a few things on my mind at the moment sad.png

How do you work that out???

There are usually 2 sunday games, 1 early saturday, 1 late saturday and sometimes Monday night. Very rarley will there be more than 5 saturday 3PK games.

I don't know what you were thinking as they don't usually show 7 simultaneously.

wink.png

I don't know what you were thinking as they don't usually show 7 simultaneously.

wink.png

Guess CTH's footy coverage will be put to the test this coming week as just had it confirmed that they will show the premier league Asia trophy this coming week.

It's great that you getting this news bb and passing it on but shouldn't CTH have a way of informing everyone of future programmes ?

I have a friend at The Nation newspaper. She has since informed me she is not sure about the Asia trophy now, as she spoke to one of the commentators, who knew nothing about it! Will update if ingest more. And yes, CTH's level of communication is shocking. Wouldn't cost much to employ a few english speaking ops, or translate the website!

I have a friend at The Nation newspaper. She has since informed me she is not sure about the Asia trophy now, as she spoke to one of the commentators, who knew nothing about it! Will update if ingest more. And yes, CTH's level of communication is shocking. Wouldn't cost much to employ a few english speaking ops, or translate the website!

wink.png

Don't they ? how about the last weekend of the season wink.png

And some idiots were very happy to slag off true's customer service which I always found to be very good.

Let's be honest any tech probs and we are pretty much on our own particuarly those on their own without Thai wife/gf..

Why spend the extra baht when you can run a slipshod organization and save a few satangs ?facepalm.gif

And some idiots were very happy to slag off true's customer service which I always found to be very good.

Let's be honest any tech probs and we are pretty much on our own particuarly those on their own without Thai wife/gf..

Got a witness.facepalm.gif

I wasn't going to post this as already very stressed but anyway...

I've had the install but i can''t watch CTH...well, I can watch, it but can't hear it!

Unbelievably I cannot get any sound via HDM1 on my plasma TV....I know it isn't anything the engineer done wrong as he tested it on my smaller tv and it was fine....just incredible! He gave it a good go but ended up having to give up, he said he will come back on Wednesday with another cable to try, but I think it is my tv, I seem to recall true had a problem too when they came here before, so I might just bite the bullet and buy a new one. Outshot of it was that he re-installed true so at least I can watch the Open tonight and tomorrow. Simply unbelievable!

That aside, the picture looked great and as others have said a better pic than True.

The breakdown of my bill was 1800 for the box deposit which is fine, 500 for install which is fine, but also 1200 for the dish which I wasnt too happy about as others have said they never had to pay that...but hey ho, they weren't going to change their minds. I wanted to go with the deal of paying 10 months up front to get 2 free, they were asking for 2 months up front today, I asked what if I wanted to pay for 10 mts they said sure you can pay that in csh now, I wasn't too comfortable with that as others have said they were given a bill for that deal with a period of time to pay, so it looks like I will just be on the pay once a month deal after the first 2 months. Anyway all said and done I paid today Bt5,4424 total...obviously they left everythign here and will be back to complete the job, the engineer gave us his personal mobile number.

Bottom line, despite the tv problem I'm happy to be at where I'm at as it looks like there are going to be many many people without this come the 17th August.

H&H

Does anyone in Bangkok have CTH installed yet?

I'm waiting for that post as well. Bangkok, last outpost on the CTH frontier !rolleyes.gif

I may try to contact one of the dealers that BB listed, but without knowing the lingo and no wife/gf to run interference, my guess is that I could be wasting my time. Also, given the mixed reviews so far, I'm not against waiting a bit longer.

I've had the install but i can''t watch CTH...well, I can watch, it but can't hear it!

Unbelievably I cannot get any sound via HDM1 on my plasma TV....I know it isn't anything the engineer done wrong as he tested it on my smaller tv and it was fine....just incredible! He gave it a good go but ended up having to give up, he said he will come back on Wednesday with another cable to try, but I think it is my tv, I seem to recall true had a problem too when they came here before, so I might just bite the bullet and buy a new one. Outshot of it was that he re-installed true so at least I can watch the Open tonight and tomorrow. Simply unbelievable!

That aside, the picture looked great and as others have said a better pic than True.

The breakdown of my bill was 1800 for the box deposit which is fine, 500 for install which is fine, but also 1200 for the dish which I wasnt too happy about as others have said they never had to pay that...but hey ho, they weren't going to change their minds. I wanted to go with the deal of paying 10 months up front to get 2 free, they were asking for 2 months up front today, I asked what if I wanted to pay for 10 mts they said sure you can pay that in csh now, I wasn't too comfortable with that as others have said they were given a bill for that deal with a period of time to pay, so it looks like I will just be on the pay once a month deal after the first 2 months. Anyway all said and done I paid today Bt5,4424 total...obviously they left everythign here and will be back to complete the job, the engineer gave us his personal mobile number.

Bottom line, despite the tv problem I'm happy to be at where I'm at as it looks like there are going to be many many people without this come the 17th August.

H&H

This is what has concerned me about the whole CTH set up from day 1 . You are dealing with a dealer, ie middle man. I'm getting installation next Saturday and will pay 2,335 baht, inc VAT, that includes the box,installation and dish. Only been delayed as they don't have some stations on line and some reception problems and the installer didn't want to be coming back to fix problems that might arise.

H&H

This is what has concerned me about the whole CTH set up from day 1 . You are dealing with a dealer, ie middle man. I'm getting installation next Saturday and will pay 2,335 baht, inc VAT, that includes the box,installation and dish. Only been delayed as they don't have some stations on line and some reception problems and the installer didn't want to be coming back to fix problems that might arise.

Yes, that is a difference of 1200 which as I mentioned is for the dish. I'm not too happy about it but at the end of the day it's only 1200 baht which I won't lose any sleep over. As you say I'm using a middle man, so they will want their money too. I'm just happy to be in a small minority who is going to have this thing.

Still, I won't get too excited until I see the football on 17th ugust, who's to say that there isn't going to be a problem there?

Off topic, does anyone have any reco's on what tv's are good right now?

Will probably go for a 46-50 incher if I take the plunge...I prefer the LCD's as I like the black screen when the tv is turned off.

Try Numchai on Sukhumvit Rd they have a good selection in there and the service is good.

Will probably go for a 46-50 incher if I take the plunge...I prefer the LCD's as I like the black screen when the tv is turned off.

Samsung LED hands down! Just a question, but if the picture is still good on your tv, then why not just purchase a separate stereo system? Gotta be cheaper!

Try Numchai on Sukhumvit Rd they have a good selection in there and the service is good.

Cheers Rick, funny enough that is where the CTH guy recommended.