Is There A Golf Fraternity In Pattaya..

Birty

I can also vouch for the Outback, you can check them out on the web, won't let me add a web address to this post, but just search on the Web.

Run by my old club president from Aust, knows how to run comps - if you do go for a hit with them, the only think you will need to keep in mind, is that they don't tolerate slow play, which is a good thing!

I can also vouch for the Outback, you can check them out on the web, won't let me add a web address to this post, but just search on the Web.

Run by my old club president from Aust, knows how to run comps - if you do go for a hit with them, the only think you will need to keep in mind, is that they don't tolerate slow play, which is a good thing!

That wouldn't be Steve Man by any chance ?

If so you are right about him not likingannoyed.gif slow play for sure , very nice guy though

But easiest way if he (the OP )is a beginner is to play at the back of the field then less pressure on the T-box plus no have to worry about holding up the faster moving players

That wouldn't be Steve Man by any chance ?

If so you are right about him not likingannoyed.gif slow play for sure , very nice guy though

But easiest way if he (the OP )is a beginner is to play at the back of the field then less pressure on the T-box plus no have to worry about holding up the faster moving players

Yes Jing Jo... Steve Mann is the Man!

Calls a spade a spade, his heart is in the right place, and spends manny manny (he he) hours sorting out club stuff, like time sheets, bookings, presentations, handicaps etc.

In fact, for all the work he did at our home club in Perth they have awarded him Life Membership and he has the 'Number 1' locker given to him as a sort of gesture of goodwill for all his service for the club.

Try here been using these guys for many years

www.outbackgolfbar.com

They do some good deals and have golf trips away as well

Cheers

totally agree great people only drawback is the clubhouse is a little out of the way but is also a good point in not having to deal with the main traffic problems

OP Outback is only one of many "societies" that run regular golfing trips/comps from bars in Pattaya.

The best thing to do is to go the Pattaya Sports Club web site and click on Schedule and Rates. One excel sheet will give you a list of all the clubs, contact details and where they are playing by day that month. The other sheet tells you how much you would pay with or without a PSC card - which when I first went paid for itself in the first week.

Some societies get special rates and you may not need the card - Outback did on some courses but I have not played with them for a while. I enjoyed playing with them but it could become a very long day if you were reliant on them for transport - they are based out on Soi Siam CC road a fair way out of Pattaya central. I also wanted to play a greater variety of courses so now look to see who is palying where and give em a bell.

• 2 weeks later...

Odd I have played on courses where they have had their outtings and found nothing but slow play. Maybe thats just the last few groups but the guys seemed more intrested in drinking and their caddys that the golf round. It has been a year since I have seen them though I hope this is a new thing